Brothers

Brothers (Legacies of the Ancient River #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  12 reviews
As famine overtakes the land, Simeon leads his brothers into Egypt to buy grain. He doesn't recognize the vengeful ruler he must bow before: Joseph, his long-lost brother. The very brother Simeon sold into slavery years ago. Now, it is the brash Simeon's turn to know imprisonment. Only Mandisa, the handmaid who interprets the ruler's language, is his saving grace. The beau...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill (first published April 1st 1997)

Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog (of the whole series) ...

I have loved every Angela Hunt book I have ever read. Thus it was with great delight that I embarked on reading this series and another to be reviewed next. Both of these series were published years before I become introduced to Hunt and her writing. I definitely enjoy playing catch up because other than that I would have to wait for her new books to be published.

Hunt has mentioned on her blog how writing for her is a process continually improve...more
Age Appropriate For: 16 and up for intensity, romance, and scary situations

Best for Ages: 18 and up

I loved Dreamers, so I was eager to read the next book. Thank goodness I had bought all three books, and they were waiting for me.

I have to admit, it was hard for me to get into the story. I don’t know why, but it just didn’t capture me like Dreamers did. Dreamers, even though it dealt with some tough issues, was so compelling a message that it made up for everything. Brothers also dealt with some...more
Rachel
An interesting and enjoyable book about the Joseph mentioned in Genesis. This book covers the part of his life when his brothers come to Egypt. It's the second in a trilogy about Joseph. The first book, Dreamers, which covers Joseph's life from the time he's sold into slavery to the time he's made ruler over Egypt, was also good, although for some reason I found Brothers easier to read. While I'm fairly certain the story of Joseph didn't really happen this way, Angela Hunt did a good job keeping...more
Barbara Reese
Feb 14, 2014 Barbara Reese marked it as book-club-suggestions  ·  review of another edition
Judy
Cathy Campbell
This historical fiction book is a great read and the second in a trilogy about Joseph mentioned in Genesis. This book covers the part of his life when his eleven brothers and father come to Egypt. The author states that she has done extensive research from both Egyptian and Biblical writings. The character of Simeon receives a lot of focus in this story. I'm excited to read the third book of the trilogy, Journey.
Tiana
This is the second book in a trilogy - historical fiction about the life of Joseph. I enjoyed it so much because it made the story of Joseph, one of my favorite Old Testament stories, really come to life. I was able to better visualize the beautiful work of God in Joseph's life.
Jenn
I really liked this historical fiction book about Joseph from the Bible. I re-read this book at a time where my own faith in God is being tested, and it really encouraged me that God can make good things come from any situation. I'm excited to read the rest of this series!
Lori
Oh my gosh ! If you love biblical fiction this book you will love. It's
fiction mixed w/ biblical truth - the story of Joseph. There is
a book before this "Dreamers" and a new one coming out - book 3.

Love it !
Ti-Leigh Telford
You know how the next books in a trilogy are supposed to get weaker. Not true with Angela Hunt. Another lovely book, more about Simeon than Joseph.
Tammy
Book of Legacies of the Ancient River

Fictional life of Joseph.
Bettie Kunz
I really liked this book and I would recommend it.
Bob Marchiano
baru tau kalo yusuf punya dua anak... :)
Elaine
May 09, 2009 Elaine added it
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Shazz
Shazz added it
Jul 16, 2014
Monica Layng
Monica Layng marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Olatomiwa Olukoya
Olatomiwa Olukoya marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Kelsey Clark
Kelsey Clark marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
  • Embrace the Dawn (Scottish Higland #1)
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • This Scarlet Cord: The Love Story of Rahab
  • Sarai (Wives of the Patriarchs, # 1)
  • Rebel (The Brides of Alba #3)
  • Flight from Stonewycke (Stonewycke Trilogy, #2)
  • Jerusalem's Hope (Zion Legacy, #6)
  • Desired: The Untold Story of Samson and Delilah (Lost Loves of the Bible, #2)
  • Unspoken: Bathsheba (Lineage of Grace, #4)
  • Harvest of Gold (Harvest of Rubies, #2)
  • The One Forever Promise (The Californians, #3-4)
  • Safe Haven (Hideaway #2)
  • Joshua In The Holy Land
  • Walks The Fire (Prairie Winds, #1)
  • Matthew's Story: From Sinner to Saint (The Jesus Chronicles, #4)
  • In Search of Eden (Second Chances Collection, #2)
  • The Listener
Christy-Award winner Angela Hunt writes for readers who have learned to expect the unexpected in novels from this versatile author. With over three million copies of her books sold worldwide, she is the best-selling author of more than 100 works ranging from picture books (The Tale of Three Trees) to novels.

Now that her two children have reached their twenties, Angie and her husband live in Florid...more
More about Angela Elwell Hunt...
The Tale of Three Trees The Note Doesn't She Look Natural (The Fairlawn Series #1) The Debt The Novelist