Start by marking “Brothers” as Want to Read:
Brothers

Brothers (Legacies of the Ancient River #2)

As famine overtakes the land, Simeon leads his brothers into Egypt to buy grain. He doesn't recognize the vengeful ruler he must bow before: Joseph, his long-lost brother. The very brother Simeon sold into slavery years ago. Now, it is the brash Simeon's turn to know imprisonment. Only Mandisa, the handmaid who interprets the ruler's language, is his saving grace. The beau ...more
Published January 20th 2009 by Steeple Hill (first published April 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brothers

Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog (of the whole series) ...

I have loved every Angela Hunt book I have ever read. Thus it was with great delight that I embarked on reading this series and another to be reviewed next. Both of these series were published years before I become introduced to Hunt and her writing. I definitely enjoy playing catch up because other than that I would have to wait for her new books to be published.

Hunt has mentioned on her blog how writing for her is a process continually improve
Age Appropriate For: 16 and up for intensity, romance, and scary situations

Best for Ages: 18 and up

I loved Dreamers, so I was eager to read the next book. Thank goodness I had bought all three books, and they were waiting for me.

I have to admit, it was hard for me to get into the story. I don’t know why, but it just didn’t capture me like Dreamers did. Dreamers, even though it dealt with some tough issues, was so compelling a message that it made up for everything. Brothers also dealt with some
Rachel
Aug 06, 2008 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting and enjoyable book about the Joseph mentioned in Genesis. This book covers the part of his life when his brothers come to Egypt. It's the second in a trilogy about Joseph. The first book, Dreamers, which covers Joseph's life from the time he's sold into slavery to the time he's made ruler over Egypt, was also good, although for some reason I found Brothers easier to read. While I'm fairly certain the story of Joseph didn't really happen this way, Angela Hunt did a good job keeping ...more
Barbara Reese
Feb 14, 2014 Barbara Reese marked it as book-club-suggestions  ·  review of another edition
Judy
Cathy Campbell
Jun 25, 2012 Cathy Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This historical fiction book is a great read and the second in a trilogy about Joseph mentioned in Genesis. This book covers the part of his life when his eleven brothers and father come to Egypt. The author states that she has done extensive research from both Egyptian and Biblical writings. The character of Simeon receives a lot of focus in this story. I'm excited to read the third book of the trilogy, Journey.
Tiana
Jul 26, 2008 Tiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in a trilogy - historical fiction about the life of Joseph. I enjoyed it so much because it made the story of Joseph, one of my favorite Old Testament stories, really come to life. I was able to better visualize the beautiful work of God in Joseph's life.
Jenn
Jul 28, 2009 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this historical fiction book about Joseph from the Bible. I re-read this book at a time where my own faith in God is being tested, and it really encouraged me that God can make good things come from any situation. I'm excited to read the rest of this series!
Lori
Jun 24, 2009 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh ! If you love biblical fiction this book you will love. It's
fiction mixed w/ biblical truth - the story of Joseph. There is
a book before this "Dreamers" and a new one coming out - book 3.

Love it !
Lori
Mar 17, 2016 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be sure to read Dreamers first. Enjoyable, eye-opening in many ways. Gives insight into the story of Joseph, the Bible and in some ways myself.
Ti-Leigh Telford
You know how the next books in a trilogy are supposed to get weaker. Not true with Angela Hunt. Another lovely book, more about Simeon than Joseph.
Tammy
Book of Legacies of the Ancient River

Fictional life of Joseph.
Bettie Kunz
Sep 25, 2011 Bettie Kunz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and I would recommend it.
Bob Marchiano
Jan 22, 2008 Bob Marchiano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religi, fiksi
baru tau kalo yusuf punya dua anak... :)
Carol
Jul 13, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written!
Elaine
May 09, 2009 Elaine added it
Vicky Olatunji
Vicky Olatunji marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Cora Miller
Cora Miller marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Moranda Cox
Moranda Cox marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Kyla
Kyla rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Sharyn Jackson
Sharyn Jackson rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Rachel Ayers
Rachel Ayers rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Tgr564
Tgr564 rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Michael Kutan
Michael Kutan marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Elly
Elly marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Shireen
Shireen marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
  • Heart of the Sandhills (Dakota Moons #3)
  • By Way of the Wilderness
  • Embrace the Dawn (Scottish Highland, #1)
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • He Who Lifts the Skies (Genesis, #2)
  • This Scarlet Cord: The Love Story of Rahab
  • The One Forever Promise (The Californians, #3-4)
  • Flight from Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #2)
  • Three From Galilee: The Young Man from Nazareth
  • The Shepherd Kings
  • Mahabharata
  • The Warrior: Caleb (Sons of Encouragement, #2)
  • Bathsheba (The Wives of King David #3)
  • Faithful Heart (Angel of Mercy #2)
Christy-Award winner Angela Hunt writes for readers who have learned to expect the unexpected in novels from this versatile author. With over three million copies of her books sold worldwide, she is the best-selling author of more than 100 works ranging from picture books (The Tale of Three Trees) to novels.

Now that her two children have reached their thirties, Angie and her husband live in Florid
More about Angela Elwell Hunt...

Legacies of the Ancient River (3 books)
  • Dreamers (Legacies of the Ancient River #1)
  • Journey