Start by marking “Art for Baby” as Want to Read:
Art for Baby

Art for Baby (Art for Baby)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A collection of fascinating black-andwhite images created by some of the world’s leading modern artists. Each one has been specially selected to help babies begin to recognize pictures and connect with the world around them. This board book also includes a stunning frieze featuring all the images used in the book — a perfect way to bring contemporary art to your baby.
Board Book, 12 pages
Published September 8th 2009 by Templar (first published May 12th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Art for Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Art for Baby

Gabby Hill-Braun
maybe we started this book too early and then re-introduced it too late or maybe it just isn't as interesting as it's supposed to be. once every blue moon, Hill pulls this book off the shelf but he's not into it as much as other babies seem to be. perhaps it's because he's more of a paper-page guy than a board book dude. I think this book was about twenty bucks. I'd probably skip it if given the chance.
This was one of the first library books we checked out when Gavin was a newborn. It features black-and-white drawings that newborns can see easily. There are other books like this-- the appeal of this one is that they are done by famous contemporary artists. (Damien Hirst is one I remember)

I thought it was just okay. Gavin wasn't interested at all, although he was graduating from black-and-white to faces at the time. I felt like it was more about the name appeal of the artists than anything else
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
Art for baby: high-contrast images by eleven contemporary artists to explore with your child is a book contained black and white art pictures. There is one per page. Some are literal and easy to identify, while some are more abstract.

Not only could you view the pictures in the book, there was a pocket in the back cover with copies of each picture that could be framed and hung on the wall. This is an interesting idea, and a great way to bring some art into the nursery.

My son was not interested at
If you are looking for a good baby shower gift, this is a book to consider. The black and white designs are really great for contrast and babies will be able to focus on the shapes. A very pleasing picture book to share with the very young.
This is a great book for art-loving parents. It's much larger than a standard board book. Our baby didn't seem to care much about it (he seemed more interested in the Tana Hoban black & white books), but it's always nice to have a variety.
My Little One enjoyed looking at these pictures during her earliest weeks. She especially enjoyed looking at them during Tummy Time when I'd prop the book open for her, a different spread each time kept her interested and alert.
المفارقات والتباين الشديد بين الأبيض والأسود
يمثل الخطوة الأولى لتعليم الأطفال

يحوي الكتاب مجموعة من الرسمات لفنانين معاصرين
لم أفهم سبب اختيارها تحديدا
ربما أحتاج إلى "فنان" يشرحها لي
Allison Parker
This large, beautiful board book shows high contrast black-and-white artwork created by well known contemporary artists like Damien Hirst, perfect for the baby - and parent - with exquisite taste.
I wasn't impressed with the images chosen for this book. The only one that I liked was the Op Art piece by Bridget Riley. My son was more interested in "Apple" by Nikki McClure.
Nathan Willard
A collection of high-contrast contemporary art prints to entertain small babies. It was an interesting idea.
An absolutely perfect gift!
Chad added it
Nov 14, 2015
Kalani added it
Aug 17, 2015
Anna added it
Jul 10, 2015
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Grey marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Bri marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015