Do I Look Like a Daddy to You?: A Survival Guide for First-Time Fathers

Do I Look Like a Daddy to You?: A Survival Guide for First-Time Fathers

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  2 reviews
It takes a baby to turn a guy into a man.

Hard-won lessons of a first-time father — the good, the bad, and the big-time changes.

"When I used to see a father holding a baby, I thought he was either a poor sap or else an übermensch possessed with talents and levels of forbearance that I would never attain. Now I live on the other side. I'm someone's daddy, and it's the best t...more
Published June 5th 2001 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Do I Look Like a Daddy to You?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do I Look Like a Daddy to You?

Ryan
Any book that has a chapter that's a Simpsons reference (in this case, the brochure Homer and Marge are given when they first learn they're going to be parents) is automatically going to win points with me.

Skinner approaches the question of fatherhood with a down-to-earth humour that really helps to disarm concerns the father-to-be may have, while at the same time being serious and grounded about those concerns.

The only downside to the book is that a lot of his advice tends to boil down to Just...more
Sean Wylie
Ok book about being a first time father. I thought the first half of the book was bad. Like a frat boy was writing it. But the author really picked up stream when his baby reached 3 months and he became the full time care giver. Loved the chapter on feeding your baby.
Omar Gonzalez
Omar Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
Randy
Randy added it
Mar 23, 2009
14 Degrees Below Zero Amnesia Nights Casualties Of Rock All Eyez On Me: The Life And Times Of Tupac Shakur Z