Chilkoot Pass, the Most Famous Trail in the North: The Most Famous Trail in the North

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This popular guide describes the history of the famous Chilkoot Trail, called "the meanest 32 miles in history, " and details equipment to take, trail etiquette, and mile-by-mile trail information for hikers.
Published December 12th 1980 by Alaska Northwest Books

Amy
Just back from Skagway - the book is a good companion to the trip with lots of information, but the prose is a bit heavy and I found myself rereading many sections for clarity.
Chris K
A great gold rush history primer on the Chilkoot Trail. I'd love to hike this myself.
Archie Satterfield is the author of several books about Alaska and the Klondike.
More about Archie Satterfield...
Chilkoot Pass: The Most Famous Trail in the North Backroads & Byways of Washington: Drives, Day Trips & Weekend Excursions Backroads & Byways of Missouri: Drives, Day Trips & Weekend Excursions The Home Front: An Oral History of the War Years in America: 1941-45 Elton Bennett, his life and art