Start by marking “How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion” as Want to Read:
How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion

How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion (Astérix)

The truth at last!
The world had to know the answer to the mystery that has been keeping it on the edge of its seat for more than two thousand years.
We all know that Obelix fell into the cauldron of magic potion when he was a little be ('We'll never hear the last of it!' as he often says) but we've never known how.
Well, the time has come...
And, given his involvement in th
Published June 18th 2009 by Asterix (first published 1989)

Robert
Feb 09, 2011 Robert rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Asterix lovers.
Shelves: comedy
This slim volume is not a typical Asterix book; rather than being a comic strip album, it is an illustrated short story with the usual division of labour between Goscinny and Uderzo. Originally published in Pilote, the story tells how Obelix came to fall into the cauldron of magic potion and become the permanent bearer of super-human strength we know so well. Asterix himself narrates.

People who know the Asterix canon will be thinking, six years old? Surely Obelix was a baby when that happened? W
Sandra Bašić
Jun 19, 2016 Sandra Bašić rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad konačno znam kako je Obelix upao u čarobni napitak!
Macy Taylor
Feb 14, 2016 Macy Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How Obelix fell into the magic potion is a great book, and I really enjoyed finally finding how exactly Obelix did fall into the magic potion.
itchy
Dec 16, 2015 itchy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft
who are you calling fat?
Ching-Bing-Ping
Dec 03, 2016 Ching-Bing-Ping rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, comics, 2016
A must read for all Asterix fans. It answers a lot of question regarding the enigma known as Obelix.

P.S. In a way it is also a sad book. Which tells us about a perfect friendship, and also reminded me of the time I met these two friends, reminded me of the man who introduced me to them, of the carefree times I have left behind.
Kevin Giebens
I completed my collection of Asterix comics, so I decided to start with this small paperback.
I know Asterix & Obelix for a while now. I grew up with the animated movies, and am/was still amazed when I watch their first live-action movie.
Everyone knows Obelix is the strongest of the Gauls. People say he fell into the magic potion as a child, but we never really knew how that happened.

This short story gives us a look at the early years of the legendary duo. We meet a young Asterix who is alrea
Tyas
Oct 05, 2009 Tyas rated it it was amazing
Uderzo's one of my favourite comic artists all the time: his art has originality and a charm that keeps me admiring him for years and years. He can change his style almost extremely but still leaves his subtle signature: if you've known him through the world-famous Asterix and Obelix, try read the Tanguy and Laverdure books that he drew.

While Goscinny is also another favourite - he's also known as the writer of stories for Lucky Luke and Iznogoud series. Goscinny and Uderzo were one of the best
Manuel Chiofi
Mar 06, 2016 Manuel Chiofi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Breve storia, scritta nel 1965 da Goscinny e illustrata da Uderzo, in cui si fa finalmente luce su come Obelix sia caduto nel paiolo del Druido. Ovviamente Asterix c'entra qualcosa...
Il racconto è davvero molto breve. In origine fu un riempitivo per un numero speciale di Pilote, ma costituisce, nella trama della saga, un tassello importante. Ecco perché Uderzo decide nel 1989 di riproporlo come numero fuori collana con illustrazioni riviste e corrette. Ed ecco perché in ultima pagina è scritto:
Nikhil
Aug 13, 2015 Nikhil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
This one is jump in the line of reading Asterix. I was so tempted to read this! Its illustrations are by far the very best. It was so interesting to see Asterix and Obelix as a child. It was short but I guess so much work has gone into the comic. It is written in narrative style where Asterix is telling a story to kinds in Gaul about how Obelix fell into the cauldron.

The lingo is interestingly a gaulish child's lingo and has cute enunciation with it.
Meghna
Feb 15, 2013 Meghna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: asterix fans
Shelves: asterix
In almost all of the Asterix books, Obelix is said to have fallen into a cauldron containing magic potion when he was a boy, and that is how he he permanently got super human abilities. He is the only Gaul who is 'indomitable' wihout the magic potion. This short story shows hoe the event came to take place. It is a must read for all asterix fans!:)
Mathieu
Jul 29, 2011 Mathieu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pas vraiment une Bd, pas vraiment non plus un livre, cet objet littéraire retrace l'histoire d'Obélix et révèle les circonstances l'ayant amené à tomber dans la potion magique étant petit.

C'est un bel objet, et l'histoire est intéressante pour tous les fans des irréductibles gaulois. A lire !
Christine
Jul 27, 2007 Christine rated it it was amazing
Many of these were read and bought while overseas in 1998 & 1999. This one I specifically remember buying while in Québec (I was thrilled to find it). This BD is don't in a different style than the others - more of a storybook than a BD. It's quite funny, but you would probably want to read a few of the others first to understand some of the jokes.
Josh
Jun 27, 2013 Josh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable romp through the Asterix world, but strictly for fans of the series. The writing is a bit shallow and it is a pretty basic story. The foreword says that it was originally written for a magazine as backstory for the fans, and that is indeed what it appears to be.
G-E
Dec 12, 2015 G-E rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
J’ai trouvé cet album (qui n’est pas un bd) très sympathique. L’histoire est courte, mais merveilleusement illustrée et coloriée. On y apprend, évidemment, comment Obélix est tombé dans la potion magique.
Matthew Hunter
Ah, Goscinny's back as writer. Uderzo's illustrations are perfect. And the backstory on the early stages of Asterix's and Obelix's friendship might even make you sniffle. Obelix as a victim of childhood bullying! I can relate.
♥Magic Wonderland☯♥☮
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Neville Ridley-smith
Sep 24, 2013 Neville Ridley-smith rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A slight change of pace from the normal Asterix book. Originally published in a magazine in 1965 and then republished with new artwork in 1989. The story isn't anything special but the art is nice and it's a quick read.
Linda Hall
May 28, 2014 Linda Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Carol Mola
Mar 09, 2016 Carol Mola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, ilustrados
Me ha parecido precioso e inocente. Y me gusta mucho que sea una historia con ilustraciones, en vez de un cómic.

Me hacía falta alguna lecturilla así para desconectar.
Frahorus
Jun 22, 2015 Frahorus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fumetti, asterix
Un bellissimo albo da collezione, dove finalmente ci viene svelato come Obelix cadde nel paiolo del druido! Che dire, sono due geni Goscinny e Uderzo!
Lusitarius
Jul 30, 2011 Lusitarius rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Sweet stroy of Obelix and Asterix as boys. Did you notice the cute Idéfix look-a-like toy, that Obelix carries around?;)
Feather Mista
Sep 06, 2016 Feather Mista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
De los pocos Asterix de Goscinny que leí de prestado. Hace años que no lo veo por ningún lado, pero tarde o temprano me lo tengo que comprar.
Ayu Palar
Oct 04, 2009 Ayu Palar rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
The mystery for two centuries is revealed. Ooh. It's also interesting that Uderzo and Gosciny use a fairy tale concept for this story.
Vasco Ribeiro
Texto muito simples e ilustrações muito posteriores.
è uma edição mais para coleccionadores e, pois, cujo interesse é essencialemnet histórico.
Daí ser um livro de fora de coleção
Namitha Varma
Oct 04, 2015 Namitha Varma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I really loved the illustrations in this one. Child Gauls are just so cute. It's a pleasant surprise to learn that Obelix was a peace-loving person! :-D
Aug 25, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations were right between beautiful, charming, and cute. I the change in the drawing was refreshing although I like the other style as well.
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
Excellent illustrations, but the text falls short of really fulfilling the potential of this all-important back-story.
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
Irene Gazpacho
Irene Gazpacho rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2013
  • Asterix and the Great Divide (Asterix #25)
  • The Complete Guide To Asterix
  • Asterix and the Picts (Asterix #35)
  • Flight 714 to Sydney (Tintin, #22)
  • Gala De Gaffes à Gogo (Gaston Classique, #R1)
  • Lucky Luke Contre Pat Poker (Lucky Luke, #5)
  • Gunslinger Girl, Vol. 5
  • namaku miiko! 4
  • Town Boy
  • La chute de Brek Zarith (Thorgal, #6)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 10
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...

Astérix (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Astérix #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)