Start by marking “How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion” as Want to Read:
How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion

How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion (Asterix)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  680 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The truth at last!
The world had to know the answer to the mystery that has been keeping it on the edge of its seat for more than two thousand years.
We all know that Obelix fell into the cauldron of magic potion when he was a little be ('We'll never hear the last of it!' as he often says) but we've never known how.
Well, the time has come...
And, given his involvement in th
Published June 18th 2009 by Asterix (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion

Robert
Feb 09, 2011 Robert rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Asterix lovers.
Shelves: comedy
This slim volume is not a typical Asterix book; rather than being a comic strip album, it is an illustrated short story with the usual division of labour between Goscinny and Uderzo. Originally published in Pilote, the story tells how Obelix came to fall into the cauldron of magic potion and become the permanent bearer of super-human strength we know so well. Asterix himself narrates.

People who know the Asterix canon will be thinking, six years old? Surely Obelix was a baby when that happened? W
Tyas
Uderzo's one of my favourite comic artists all the time: his art has originality and a charm that keeps me admiring him for years and years. He can change his style almost extremely but still leaves his subtle signature: if you've known him through the world-famous Asterix and Obelix, try read the Tanguy and Laverdure books that he drew.

While Goscinny is also another favourite - he's also known as the writer of stories for Lucky Luke and Iznogoud series. Goscinny and Uderzo were one of the best
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Saint No Stopping Us

Five out of ten. CBR format.

Explains exactly how Obelix derived his amazing strength.

Meghna
Feb 15, 2013 Meghna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: asterix fans
Shelves: asterix
In almost all of the Asterix books, Obelix is said to have fallen into a cauldron containing magic potion when he was a boy, and that is how he he permanently got super human abilities. He is the only Gaul who is 'indomitable' wihout the magic potion. This short story shows hoe the event came to take place. It is a must read for all asterix fans!:)
Christine
Many of these were read and bought while overseas in 1998 & 1999. This one I specifically remember buying while in Québec (I was thrilled to find it). This BD is don't in a different style than the others - more of a storybook than a BD. It's quite funny, but you would probably want to read a few of the others first to understand some of the jokes.
Mathieu
Pas vraiment une Bd, pas vraiment non plus un livre, cet objet littéraire retrace l'histoire d'Obélix et révèle les circonstances l'ayant amené à tomber dans la potion magique étant petit.

C'est un bel objet, et l'histoire est intéressante pour tous les fans des irréductibles gaulois. A lire !
Josh
An enjoyable romp through the Asterix world, but strictly for fans of the series. The writing is a bit shallow and it is a pretty basic story. The foreword says that it was originally written for a magazine as backstory for the fans, and that is indeed what it appears to be.
Neville Ridley-smith
A slight change of pace from the normal Asterix book. Originally published in a magazine in 1965 and then republished with new artwork in 1989. The story isn't anything special but the art is nice and it's a quick read.
Farina♥Moon♥Eclipse
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Vasco Ribeiro
Texto muito simples e ilustrações muito posteriores.
è uma edição mais para coleccionadores e, pois, cujo interesse é essencialemnet histórico.
Daí ser um livro de fora de coleção
Federiken Masters
De los pocos Asterix de Goscinny que leí de prestado. Hace años que no lo veo por ningún lado, pero tarde o temprano me lo tengo que comprar.
Ayu Palar
The mystery for two centuries is revealed. Ooh. It's also interesting that Uderzo and Gosciny use a fairy tale concept for this story.
Lusitarius
Sweet stroy of Obelix and Asterix as boys. Did you notice the cute Idéfix look-a-like toy, that Obelix carries around?;)
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
Excellent illustrations, but the text falls short of really fulfilling the potential of this all-important back-story.
Sam
the hidden story is now revealed!!! yaiy!! thx to mba lita :)
lita
ternyata hanya karena nakalnya anak-anak :)
Kimberly
This book is amazing! It always makes me smile!
Ania
Ania added it
Mar 22, 2015
Marwan
Marwan added it
Mar 09, 2015
Palicz Gyorgy
Palicz Gyorgy marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
  • The Complete Guide To Asterix
  • Asterix and the Picts
  • Flight 714 (Tintin, #22)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • Die Daltons bewähren sich (Lucky Luke, Bd. 30)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...

Asterix (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Asterix, #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)
Le petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #1) Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)