Start by marking “The Economy of God” as Want to Read:
The Economy of God

The Economy of God

This is a 1968 Stream Publishers edition.
Published August 1st 1996 by Living Stream Ministry (first published December 12th 1961)

To ask other readers questions about The Economy of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Economy of God

Jessica Petree
Oct 26, 2012 Jessica Petree rated it it was amazing
This is the best spiritual book that I have *ever* read. It gives the most clear picture I have seen of God's mission/purpose on earth, and what it means to walk with God in the Spirit practically. I highly recommend this book for as a must-read for every believer in Jesus. You won't regret it.
Justin
Nov 26, 2007 Justin added it
What is the book that I have with the most highlited pages, notes, stars, asteriks, and underlines? What is a book that has made it from the pages to my experience? It is this one. Simply put, it is the clearest and most easy to read book which unveils God's purpose that I've read.
Jason Whitaker
Mar 28, 2014 Jason Whitaker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This is a tough read. It took me a while to get just a small fraction of what Witness Lee wanted me to gain. I hope I can eventually see the ideas he proposed played out in my own life.
Austin Zhang
Oct 01, 2015 Austin Zhang rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
God's economy.

I thought I knew it all. God's economy is simply God's plan to dispense Himself into man. This is what I knew. I knew God's economy in a very objective way, but I failed to realize the importance of God's economy in relation to my personal life with the Lord. Many people told me I had to read this as a young believer, but I didn't see the need. However, Brother Witness Lee depicts God's economy in not only in an objective sense but also in a subjective way, making it applicable to
Robbie Dickinson
Nov 16, 2014 Robbie Dickinson rated it it was amazing
This book changed my Christian life dramatically. After having many hit and miss experiences of Christ, I was helped to see God's purpose and plan, the way He created man and how we can contact and experience Him.
Angie Schuller Wyatt
Aug 31, 2014 Angie Schuller Wyatt rated it it was amazing
Witness Lee. Imprisoned in China for his faith. My favorite theologian. This his best work. Poorly written (all his book are) BUT, content is king.
Frank Fu
Nov 22, 2016 Frank Fu rated it it was amazing
We need to read this book.
Stefan Misaras
Jan 05, 2015 Stefan Misaras rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Not like other books that talk about God and money. It is amazing to realize that the whole Bible speaks of one thing: God's economy, which is God's dispensing of Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Spirit into our being to make us the members of the Body of Christ, the church, consummating in the New Jerusalem. And God's economy has to do with our entire tripartite being. There's so much about this wonderful economy, that I have to read this book again and again - and I have ...more
Gabrielle
Sep 01, 2013 Gabrielle rated it really liked it
Two elements distracted Christians Judaism and Gnosticism. God's economy is his plan to dispense himself into humanity. The word of God is sharper than a two edged sword. The best preacher find the key to unlock the heart. Everyday should be devoted to worshipping God.
Imani
Mar 28, 2016 Imani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
Really great to read to example more of God and the Bible.

Thanks to my dad for giving this to me to read.
Josh R
Sep 03, 2009 Josh R rated it it was amazing
A classic, showing the oikonomia of God is His household arrangement to dispense His riches (which is just Himself) into us His children in His household, the Church.
Edgar Hovhannisyan
Edgar Hovhannisyan rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Daniyyel
Daniyyel rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
James Sandlin
James Sandlin rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Joseph Putnam
Joseph Putnam rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2010
John
John rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2011
Tada Wisener
Tada Wisener rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
Leiilanii Burrows
Leiilanii Burrows rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2012
K Titus Rodriguez
K Titus Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2009
Mayor
Mayor rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2013
Todd Olson
Todd Olson rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Jason Grace
Jason Grace rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2011
Jordan Gibson
Jordan Gibson rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Yagezzh126.Com
Yagezzh126.Com rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Joni Niemi
Joni Niemi rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2013
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2011
Qiyi Lim
Qiyi Lim rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: To combine editions 3 19 May 11, 2016 02:43AM
  • Love Not the World
  • Watchman Nee: Man of Suffering (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew
  • The Saving Life of Christ
  • Life Sentence
  • Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God
  • Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow
  • Emotions: Can You Trust Them?
  • Quest for Character, The
  • You Gotta Keep Dancin'
  • Expect A Miracle, My Life and Ministry
  • The Mystery of the Holy Spirit
  • A Billion for Boris
Witness Lee (李常受, pinyin Lǐ Chángshòu) was a Chinese Christian preacher associated with the Local Churches movement and the founder of Living Stream Ministry. He was born in the city of Yantai, Shandong Province, China, in 1905, to a Southern Baptist family. He became a Christian in 1925 after hearing the preaching of Peace Wang and later became a close coworker of Watchman Nee. Witness Lee moved ...more
More about Witness Lee...