Start by marking “Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)

Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess #7)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,025 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
Audun is a teenage ice dragon in love...with a human princess. Can he become human and win Millie's heart?
Audun is on a quest to find Princess Millie, and to become human in order to win her heart. But The Dragon King has set out a number of tasks Audun must perform before he is permitted to even try to woo Millie...and each one is filled with E. D. Baker's signature a
Published September 1st 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Kiss

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanFallen by Lauren Kate
2010 Best Books for Young Adults (Nominations)
304th out of 638 books — 2,013 voters
The Frog Princess by E.D. BakerDragon's Breath by E.D. BakerOnce Upon a Curse by E.D. BakerThe Bravest Princess by E.D. BakerThe Wide-Awake Princess by E.D. Baker
E. D. Baker Books
9th out of 23 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Biblia Fyle
Nov 14, 2010 Biblia Fyle rated it liked it
Lynne Stringer
Kerstin Marie
Jun 20, 2014 Kerstin Marie rated it it was ok
I have liked E.D. Baker's other books. This was the weakest of all the ones I read. I wasn't a huge fan. I loved The Frog Princess series #1-4.
Kerri
Dec 24, 2014 Kerri rated it it was ok
This book irritated me more than the others. The writing seemed more simplistic than the others, occurrences seemed more forced. Things were more trite. But it is geared towards children, and Baker avoids killing anyone as much as possible (has anyone died in any of these books?) even though it would be the most logical course of action for certain characters to simply be eaten and done with. Millie really annoyed me, extremely so, even though she was only there for about 10 pages. I wanted to s ...more
Kathryn Cooper
Nov 10, 2011 Kathryn Cooper rated it liked it
This is a fun young teen series. I really loved the first book The Frog Princess. I'll have to feature it in my Flashback Friday post tomorrow.

Audun is a teenage boy dragon in love with a human princess who can turn into a dragon at will. Princess Millie's story is told in book 5 now this is Audun's adventure. Audun has to go on many quests and accomplish what the Dragon King and Court ask of him so the court will grant him his wish. He wants to learn how to turn human for Millie. Audun is hones
Ellie K
Apr 27, 2014 Ellie K rated it it was ok
The theme of this book is to persist for love, and not be afraid to like someone different. I thought that the plot was amazing in this book. However, it's hard to like a book if you don't really enjoy the characters. I thought Audun seemed a little childish and naive. The same went for Millie, too. I guess that the author made them this way to appeal to kids, but I didn't really like it. Still, the storyline was great and there was always a new challenge up ahead.
Meg McGregor
Jul 03, 2016 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
This book, unlike the others in The Frog Princess series, has its main character, the Ice Dragon Audon, who goes on a quest to find out how to be able to transform into a human being. He has fallen in love with Princess Milly, daughter of Eadric and Emma, and wishes to be with her.

The book is well thought out and flows seamlessly from one adventure to another. I liked it very much and felt the book did a great job of showing Audon's motivation and he is an interesting character to get to know.
Mark Dewey
Jun 19, 2010 Mark Dewey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, juvenile, audio
I skipped book five in this series, for the moment, seeing as it hasn't come out an audio yet, and the sixth one, or this one, has (oddly enough). There were a few points where it might have been helpful to have read the previous book first, but it worked, and I wasn't totally alienated.

The story and the things that happened in it were reasonably good. I was a little surprised that Emma and Eadric are still very much themselves, even though they have a marriageable daughter. Their views on marri
Kimberly Fields
Jan 29, 2016 Kimberly Fields rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
Dragon Kiss is a pleasant, fun addition to E.D. Baker's Princess and the Frog series. The main plot was quite predictable, but the individual events along the way were interesting and fun enough to keep me reading. I also like that all of the books in this series read easily as individual volumes, as well as continuing the overarching storyline. A fun read for fantasy readers of all ages.
Joy
Feb 01, 2016 Joy rated it liked it
I'm so glad I finally got to read this book on Scribd. I own the first six books in the series but never got around to seven and eight.

This book is mostly about Audun, an ice dragon who met Princess Millie in the last book. Apparently, it was love at first sight, which is not uncommon for dragons. He tracks Millie down to Greater Greensward where he finds out that she is actually human and that her parents are not thrilled about a dragon pursuing her. He returns to his home to seek help in wooi
Jennifer Lynn
Jan 20, 2015 Jennifer Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
You have a dragon in love with a princess, what is not to love? In this book, he decides he wants to learn to change into a human so he has to perform tasks for the king of the Dragon to gain the secret. This book was a delight to read and I enjoyed how the story flowed.
Aubrey-Shea Cianflone
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome! enough said lol. E.D Baker did a great job on this series.
As with all of her other books. A definite read for anyone! 21 and still love it!
Sophia W
May 07, 2015 Sophia W rated it it was amazing
So good! I really loved this book. The love and dedication between the main couple was incredible! I was never bored because there was always something going on! I recommend this series to anyone who likes fantasy, dragons, brave princesses, true love, or magic!
A.
Dec 13, 2010 A. rated it liked it
I think my experience with this book would have been a little different if I had known prior to reading it that it was #6 in a series! And it would have been really different had I read the previous books.

That being said, I still enjoyed it. I never felt like I had missed an essential part of the plot by not having read the previous books, and the story was complete on its own. It would have been nice however to read how Audun and Millie had met, and some of their first experiences.

This is a g
Debbie
Feb 21, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
Book six in the Dragon Princess series.

Audun, the ice dragon who fell for Millie (the human who can turn into a dragon)sets out in search of Millie so they can be together. However, their families aren't hapy with the relationship, and Emma wisks her daughter off to a secret location to try to talk some sense into her.

In order to win Millie's hand in marriage, good-hearted Audun goes on a quest to learn how to turn into a human. Each stage of his journey reveals another challenge as one complet
Britta
May 29, 2011 Britta rated it liked it
Keilah Granito
May 16, 2015 Keilah Granito rated it really liked it
Yes, I liked the book, but why did it have to follow him the whole book?
Marissa Cecil
Oct 30, 2014 Marissa Cecil rated it did not like it
I like that this one was more about the male character, Audun, rather than Millie or Emma, for something different.
Raven Roth
Mar 30, 2014 Raven Roth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-d-baker
Favorite book from the series... Glad it is about Emma''s daughter.
Carie
Jan 14, 2011 Carie rated it really liked it
As with the other books in this series, this is a fun read. I would have liked more with Audun and Millie together, but Audun's adventures were exciting and the characters were great--I especially liked Jim, Loolee, Frostybreath, and Audun's grandmother. I also liked the appearance of known characters, although where were Grassina and her family at the end of the book?! LOVE Emma and Eadric and their diplays of affection--adorable! And, I LOVE the wonderful names for the characters in these book ...more
Charlotte
Jul 24, 2016 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Loved it loved it loved it.dragons are so cool.
Anna Mari
May 11, 2012 Anna Mari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

We have been huge fans of this series for years. We had anticipated getting this copy from the library for quite awhile and it was nice to hear the continuation of the story, but it was a bit lackluster compared to the others. Perhaps it was because the story was told from the perspective of Adun instead of the royal family of Greater Greensward.
No matter though, we were happy to get the continuation of the story and look forward to another installment.

We were happy to have the same reader as
Klara Oh
Apr 13, 2015 Isabelle rated it it was amazing
YAY!!!
Mia
Jul 02, 2014 Mia rated it really liked it
Great addition to a great series. Wonderful! 5 stars.
dragon_cat:)
May 13, 2010 dragon_cat:) rated it it was amazing
If I had to read a book with romance in it I would definitely pick this one, no contest. It isn't all about romance though (one of the reasons I like it) it actually has a lot of adventure in it. Ranging from nasty old sea witches that try to kill animals for their own nefarious reasons, to Dirty little boys (I mean girls ;) that smell so bad no one wants to go near them. This book has lots of made up creatures and items that are both fun, nasty, and humorous to make this an awesome story!
Macy Snyder
Aug 16, 2012 Macy Snyder rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!! It was so cute and lovey dovey!!! If you like fantasy you will love this book!! This is my favorite book by E.D Baker! I read this book in like one day I loved it so much! Its about a dragon that kinds his true love thats half human half dragon and he loves her so he wants to be part human too. He has to do all different things because he made a deal with someone that can turn him half human. He eventually gets em done and you can read the rest to find out what happens ;)
Surfer Girl
Jan 27, 2014 Surfer Girl rated it it was amazing
I couldn't stop reading best book ever!!!
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2)
  • The Fairy's Return (The Princess Tales, #6)
  • The Runaway Princess (Runaway Princess, #1)
  • Twice Upon a Marigold (Upon a Marigold, #2)
  • The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna, #1)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
  • Rapunzel: The One with All the Hair (Twice Upon a Time, #1)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2)
  • The Princess and the Bear (The Hound Saga, #2)
  • Ivy's Ever After
  • Tales From the Hood (The Sisters Grimm, #6)
  • If the Shoe Fits (The Princess School, #1)
E.D. Baker (Elizabeth Dawson Baker) made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Princess and the Frog, is loosely based on this novel.

Elizabeth was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen yea
More about E.D. Baker...

The Tales of the Frog Princess (8 books)
  • The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
  • Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2)
  • Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3)
  • No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)
  • The Salamander Spell (Tales of the Frog Princess, #5)
  • The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #6)
  • A Prince Among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess, # 8)