Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)

Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess #7)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  2,803 ratings  ·  101 reviews
Audun is a teenage ice dragon in love...with a human princess. Can he become human and win Millie's heart?
Audun is on a quest to find Princess Millie, and to become human in order to win her heart. But The Dragon King has set out a number of tasks Audun must perform before he is permitted to even try to woo Millie...and each one is filled with E. D. Baker's signature a
Published September 1st 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Kiss

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanFallen by Lauren Kate
2010 Best Books for Young Adults (Nominations)
298th out of 611 books — 1,953 voters
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineTattered Heart by Annie JacksonFairest by Gail Carson LevinePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgeThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best clean fairy tales
32nd out of 146 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

Biblia Fyle
Kathryn  Cooper
This is a fun young teen series. I really loved the first book The Frog Princess. I'll have to feature it in my Flashback Friday post tomorrow.

Audun is a teenage boy dragon in love with a human princess who can turn into a dragon at will. Princess Millie's story is told in book 5 now this is Audun's adventure. Audun has to go on many quests and accomplish what the Dragon King and Court ask of him so the court will grant him his wish. He wants to learn how to turn human for Millie. Audun is hones...more
Ellie K
The theme of this book is to persist for love, and not be afraid to like someone different. I thought that the plot was amazing in this book. However, it's hard to like a book if you don't really enjoy the characters. I thought Audun seemed a little childish and naive. The same went for Millie, too. I guess that the author made them this way to appeal to kids, but I didn't really like it. Still, the storyline was great and there was always a new challenge up ahead.
Mark Dewey
I skipped book five in this series, for the moment, seeing as it hasn't come out an audio yet, and the sixth one, or this one, has (oddly enough). There were a few points where it might have been helpful to have read the previous book first, but it worked, and I wasn't totally alienated.

The story and the things that happened in it were reasonably good. I was a little surprised that Emma and Eadric are still very much themselves, even though they have a marriageable daughter. Their views on marri...more
Aubrey-Shea Cianflone
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome! enough said lol. E.D Baker did a great job on this series.
As with all of her other books. A definite read for anyone! 21 and still love it!
Kerstin Marie
I have liked E.D. Baker's other books. This was the weakest of all the ones I read. I wasn't a huge fan. I loved The Frog Princess series #1-4.
Amy
I think my experience with this book would have been a little different if I had known prior to reading it that it was #6 in a series! And it would have been really different had I read the previous books.

That being said, I still enjoyed it. I never felt like I had missed an essential part of the plot by not having read the previous books, and the story was complete on its own. It would have been nice however to read how Audun and Millie had met, and some of their first experiences.

This is a g...more
Debbie
Book six in the Dragon Princess series.

Audun, the ice dragon who fell for Millie (the human who can turn into a dragon)sets out in search of Millie so they can be together. However, their families aren't hapy with the relationship, and Emma wisks her daughter off to a secret location to try to talk some sense into her.

In order to win Millie's hand in marriage, good-hearted Audun goes on a quest to learn how to turn into a human. Each stage of his journey reveals another challenge as one complet...more
Britta
Raven Roth
Favorite book from the series... Glad it is about Emma''s daughter.
Carie
As with the other books in this series, this is a fun read. I would have liked more with Audun and Millie together, but Audun's adventures were exciting and the characters were great--I especially liked Jim, Loolee, Frostybreath, and Audun's grandmother. I also liked the appearance of known characters, although where were Grassina and her family at the end of the book?! LOVE Emma and Eadric and their diplays of affection--adorable! And, I LOVE the wonderful names for the characters in these book...more
Meadow
Jul 07, 2014 Meadow added it
Love is in the air for E.D Baker
Anna Mari

We have been huge fans of this series for years. We had anticipated getting this copy from the library for quite awhile and it was nice to hear the continuation of the story, but it was a bit lackluster compared to the others. Perhaps it was because the story was told from the perspective of Adun instead of the royal family of Greater Greensward.
No matter though, we were happy to get the continuation of the story and look forward to another installment.

We were happy to have the same reader as...more
Kelley Shim
It was really good!
Mia
Great addition to a great series. Wonderful! 5 stars.
dragon_cat:)
If I had to read a book with romance in it I would definitely pick this one, no contest. It isn't all about romance though (one of the reasons I like it) it actually has a lot of adventure in it. Ranging from nasty old sea witches that try to kill animals for their own nefarious reasons, to Dirty little boys (I mean girls ;) that smell so bad no one wants to go near them. This book has lots of made up creatures and items that are both fun, nasty, and humorous to make this an awesome story!
Macy Snyder
I loved this book!!!!! It was so cute and lovey dovey!!! If you like fantasy you will love this book!! This is my favorite book by E.D Baker! I read this book in like one day I loved it so much! Its about a dragon that kinds his true love thats half human half dragon and he loves her so he wants to be part human too. He has to do all different things because he made a deal with someone that can turn him half human. He eventually gets em done and you can read the rest to find out what happens ;)
Surfer Girl
I couldn't stop reading best book ever!!!
Lacey
This book is about Audun, the dragon that Millie has fallen in love with and his journey in becoming a human as well as a dragon. It was good as well as the other books, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the others. I suppose I missed the other characters I have been reading the other 6 books. They are in the book, but barely. I am off to read the last and final book in the series now. I'm hoping for a great ending to a fun and entertaining series!
Genesis Puckett

I loved this book! I am a big fan of the Frog Princess series. I didn't know there was more until I looked at E.D Baker's website. I saw the next books and just HAD to read it. The way I looked at Eadric and Emma has changed. For me, it was hard to think of them as parents. It was still a REALLY good book. I want anyone who reads this to at least read 100 pages of this book. If not, you have NO idea what you're missing!
Cheryl in CC NV
3.5 stars rounded up because it's a great series, and because the MC in this is male, which is cool. But Baker is so creative - her females are girls, but also brave, strong, and smart... and her males are boys, but also romantic, tender, and patient. This entry in the series was mostly an exciting multi-stage quest, but there was still humor and family & political drama. Lots of fun for 9-12 girls and boys.
Charlotte
There is a limited selection of books available from my library to listen to immediately on macs. This happened to be one of them. It's a children's fantasy adventure and romance. The story is fluffy and whimsical. The plot is a twist on classic fairy tales that is still mostly predictable. I enjoyed it but have retained very little of it in the days since listening to it.
Miss Clark
Oct 07, 2009 Miss Clark rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those looking for more of The Frog Princess' story
This was a 2.5 to be entirely accurate.

Ultimately, I liked the story, but it had a slow start. The Quest, filled with giants and riddles, sea witches and dealing with prejudice and rejected suitors, etc. It wasn't until the action moved back to Emma and Eadric (and Millie of course)that I really enjoyed it. They were always my favorites anyhow. Very nice ending.
Tntexas
Had a blast reading this with my kids. We all laughed so much, I had a hard time continuing the story times. Loved the way the author worked a bit of mystery throughout the story and tied up most of the plotlines at the end. Some of the motivations could have been explained a little better, but that could just be me being picky. All in all, a thoroughly delightful book.
Marcie
Fantasy is a good escape from what you _should_ be doing - especially with the (slim) excuse of keeping track of what your child is reading.
They may be a bit predictable to a mature reader, but they are fun nonetheless! With good, solid values - importance of families, honesty and moral strength, loyalty, and the value of hard work (well laces with magical help and fun).
Tiffiny
We listened to this story in the car. My 10-yr-old son says, "I wouldn't recommend this for boys because of the romance and the kissing. But Audun is fairly nice and really brave." In spite of his review, he still gives it 5 stars... I really liked it and give it 4 stars. Sweet story about how far Audun will go to be with his true love. Aaah... : )
Maia
This book was a great continuation of the last book, and a funny & unique tale that made me laugh at parts but was suspenseful at others. I love the others way of writing and she creates quirky, funny, and realistic characters who you get to know. This book was interesting because it was written from Audan, the dragon's point of view. Great read.
Jess
This whole series was a fun, clean, little escape. They are quick fairytail-esque reads and I just really liked the whole world she created and the characters. I checked out the ebooks from the library, but I enjoyed them so much, I'm gonna buy them in hardcopy form. Defintely suitable for kids as long as you are OK with very Disney-like magical elements.
Angelena
This book was ok if you like Fairy tales and fantasy
Shenek
I listened to all the books in a random order. Excellent books for 8-12 year old girls and entertaining enough to keep me occupied while I clean.

I haven't picked up one of these for a while so when I started this one I remembered that they are all a bit too perfect and over-the-top. But as a young reader I doubt this would even be noticed.
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • The Fairy's Return and Other Princess Tales
  • The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna, #1)
  • The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2)
  • The Runaway Princess
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
  • Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4)
  • Twice Upon a Marigold (Upon a Marigold, #2)
  • Of Giants and Ice
  • Beauty and the Beast: The Only One Who Didn't Run Away (Twice Upon a Time, #3)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • If the Shoe Fits (The Princess School, #1)
  • The Sisters Grimm: A Very Grimm Guide
  • Palace of Mirrors (The Palace Chronicles, #2)
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
E.D. Baker (Elizabeth Dawson Baker) made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Princess and the Frog, is loosely based on this novel.

Elizabeth was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen yea...more
More about E.D. Baker...
The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1) Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3) Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2) The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1) No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)