Start by marking “Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)

Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess #7)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  4,179 Ratings  ·  130 Reviews
Audun is a teenage ice dragon in love...with a human princess. Can he become human and win Millie's heart?
Audun is on a quest to find Princess Millie, and to become human in order to win her heart. But The Dragon King has set out a number of tasks Audun must perform before he is permitted to even try to woo Millie...and each one is filled with E. D. Baker's signature a
Published September 1st 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Kiss

Biblia Fyle
Nov 14, 2010 Biblia Fyle rated it liked it
Kerstin Marie
Jun 20, 2014 Kerstin Marie rated it it was ok
I have liked E.D. Baker's other books. This was the weakest of all the ones I read. I wasn't a huge fan. I loved The Frog Princess series #1-4.
Cassidy April
Oct 06, 2016 Cassidy April rated it did not like it
DNF. The premise veered too close to bestiality for my taste (although I doubt that's what the author intends!). Although I liked the side characters (whom, if I recall, are named Francis and Zoe), and I liked Millie as a protagonist...her love interest didn't grow on me, and I couldn't buy their romance. It was too...red string of fate-forced-this; there was so much focus on imprinting, or whatever, that the author really failed to bother developing Millie's relationship with the boy dragon. Hi ...more
Lynne Stringer
Kerri
Dec 24, 2014 Kerri rated it it was ok
This book irritated me more than the others. The writing seemed more simplistic than the others, occurrences seemed more forced. Things were more trite. But it is geared towards children, and Baker avoids killing anyone as much as possible (has anyone died in any of these books?) even though it would be the most logical course of action for certain characters to simply be eaten and done with. Millie really annoyed me, extremely so, even though she was only there for about 10 pages. I wanted to s ...more
Willow Sommers
Dec 15, 2016 Willow Sommers rated it liked it
Shelves: read-for-class
(Fantasy) Of the Frog Princess books, this was not my favorite. It seemed very familiar and I couldn't tell if it was maybe because I had read it before but forgot, or because it was just like most of the other books in the series.
Karrie Owens
Nov 16, 2016 Karrie Owens rated it really liked it
I love the Frog Princess series but this book kind of dragged on for me. It was still a cute story though. Not as charming as the original series though.
Deb
Nov 18, 2016 Deb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the BEST book in the series. I do wish this was the LAST book in the series but there is one more.
Kate
Sep 27, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
I think this has been one of my favorites in the series so far. I really enjoyed Auden's voice. I liked him as a character and his willingness to change change for the sake of his relationship. It was a small bit, but I liked Millie's reaction to Auden's return.
Kathryn Cooper
Nov 10, 2011 Kathryn Cooper rated it liked it
This is a fun young teen series. I really loved the first book The Frog Princess. I'll have to feature it in my Flashback Friday post tomorrow.

Audun is a teenage boy dragon in love with a human princess who can turn into a dragon at will. Princess Millie's story is told in book 5 now this is Audun's adventure. Audun has to go on many quests and accomplish what the Dragon King and Court ask of him so the court will grant him his wish. He wants to learn how to turn human for Millie. Audun is hones
Mark Dewey
Jun 19, 2010 Mark Dewey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, juvenile, audio
I skipped book five in this series, for the moment, seeing as it hasn't come out an audio yet, and the sixth one, or this one, has (oddly enough). There were a few points where it might have been helpful to have read the previous book first, but it worked, and I wasn't totally alienated.

The story and the things that happened in it were reasonably good. I was a little surprised that Emma and Eadric are still very much themselves, even though they have a marriageable daughter. Their views on marri
Joy
Feb 01, 2016 Joy rated it liked it
I'm so glad I finally got to read this book on Scribd. I own the first six books in the series but never got around to seven and eight.

This book is mostly about Audun, an ice dragon who met Princess Millie in the last book. Apparently, it was love at first sight, which is not uncommon for dragons. He tracks Millie down to Greater Greensward where he finds out that she is actually human and that her parents are not thrilled about a dragon pursuing her. He returns to his home to seek help in wooi
A.
Dec 13, 2010 A. rated it liked it
I think my experience with this book would have been a little different if I had known prior to reading it that it was #6 in a series! And it would have been really different had I read the previous books.

That being said, I still enjoyed it. I never felt like I had missed an essential part of the plot by not having read the previous books, and the story was complete on its own. It would have been nice however to read how Audun and Millie had met, and some of their first experiences.

This is a g
Debbie
Feb 21, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
Book six in the Dragon Princess series.

Audun, the ice dragon who fell for Millie (the human who can turn into a dragon)sets out in search of Millie so they can be together. However, their families aren't hapy with the relationship, and Emma wisks her daughter off to a secret location to try to talk some sense into her.

In order to win Millie's hand in marriage, good-hearted Audun goes on a quest to learn how to turn into a human. Each stage of his journey reveals another challenge as one complet
Britta
May 29, 2011 Britta rated it liked it
Carie
Jan 14, 2011 Carie rated it really liked it
As with the other books in this series, this is a fun read. I would have liked more with Audun and Millie together, but Audun's adventures were exciting and the characters were great--I especially liked Jim, Loolee, Frostybreath, and Audun's grandmother. I also liked the appearance of known characters, although where were Grassina and her family at the end of the book?! LOVE Emma and Eadric and their diplays of affection--adorable! And, I LOVE the wonderful names for the characters in these book ...more
Meg McGregor
Jul 03, 2016 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
This book, unlike the others in The Frog Princess series, has its main character, the Ice Dragon Audon, who goes on a quest to find out how to be able to transform into a human being. He has fallen in love with Princess Milly, daughter of Eadric and Emma, and wishes to be with her.

The book is well thought out and flows seamlessly from one adventure to another. I liked it very much and felt the book did a great job of showing Audon's motivation and he is an interesting character to get to know.
Anna Mari
May 11, 2012 Anna Mari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

We have been huge fans of this series for years. We had anticipated getting this copy from the library for quite awhile and it was nice to hear the continuation of the story, but it was a bit lackluster compared to the others. Perhaps it was because the story was told from the perspective of Adun instead of the royal family of Greater Greensward.
No matter though, we were happy to get the continuation of the story and look forward to another installment.

We were happy to have the same reader as
Macy Snyder
Aug 16, 2012 Macy Snyder rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!! It was so cute and lovey dovey!!! If you like fantasy you will love this book!! This is my favorite book by E.D Baker! I read this book in like one day I loved it so much! Its about a dragon that kinds his true love thats half human half dragon and he loves her so he wants to be part human too. He has to do all different things because he made a deal with someone that can turn him half human. He eventually gets em done and you can read the rest to find out what happens ;)
Ellie K
Apr 27, 2014 Ellie K rated it it was ok
The theme of this book is to persist for love, and not be afraid to like someone different. I thought that the plot was amazing in this book. However, it's hard to like a book if you don't really enjoy the characters. I thought Audun seemed a little childish and naive. The same went for Millie, too. I guess that the author made them this way to appeal to kids, but I didn't really like it. Still, the storyline was great and there was always a new challenge up ahead.
dragon_cat:)
May 13, 2010 dragon_cat:) rated it it was amazing
If I had to read a book with romance in it I would definitely pick this one, no contest. It isn't all about romance though (one of the reasons I like it) it actually has a lot of adventure in it. Ranging from nasty old sea witches that try to kill animals for their own nefarious reasons, to Dirty little boys (I mean girls ;) that smell so bad no one wants to go near them. This book has lots of made up creatures and items that are both fun, nasty, and humorous to make this an awesome story!
Lacey
Sep 17, 2012 Lacey rated it liked it
This book is about Audun, the dragon that Millie has fallen in love with and his journey in becoming a human as well as a dragon. It was good as well as the other books, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the others. I suppose I missed the other characters I have been reading the other 6 books. They are in the book, but barely. I am off to read the last and final book in the series now. I'm hoping for a great ending to a fun and entertaining series!
Rachel
Jul 12, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
Another hit for my kids in this fun magical series. I've appreciated that the author has moved on to tell new stories about new characters in this world, allowing some characters' stories to come to a happy ending, instead of going on book after book after book about the same characters who never quite attain their goals or dreams. It's been fun to have a male protagonist. My kids love these books.
Genesis Puckett
Jan 21, 2012 Genesis Puckett rated it really liked it

I loved this book! I am a big fan of the Frog Princess series. I didn't know there was more until I looked at E.D Baker's website. I saw the next books and just HAD to read it. The way I looked at Eadric and Emma has changed. For me, it was hard to think of them as parents. It was still a REALLY good book. I want anyone who reads this to at least read 100 pages of this book. If not, you have NO idea what you're missing!
Shae
Sep 29, 2015 Shae rated it really liked it
This book is told from the perspective of the ice dragon and the other known characters aren't really in the book until the end. I really liked the change of primary character and really enjoyed getting to know one of the dragons better. These books are cute and I'm still enjoying the series, which after seven books isn't always the case.
Jess
Jul 16, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
This whole series was a fun, clean, little escape. They are quick fairytail-esque reads and I just really liked the whole world she created and the characters. I checked out the ebooks from the library, but I enjoyed them so much, I'm gonna buy them in hardcopy form. Defintely suitable for kids as long as you are OK with very Disney-like magical elements.
Marcie
Mar 08, 2011 Marcie rated it really liked it
Fantasy is a good escape from what you _should_ be doing - especially with the (slim) excuse of keeping track of what your child is reading.
They may be a bit predictable to a mature reader, but they are fun nonetheless! With good, solid values - importance of families, honesty and moral strength, loyalty, and the value of hard work (well laces with magical help and fun).
Tiffiny
We listened to this story in the car. My 10-yr-old son says, "I wouldn't recommend this for boys because of the romance and the kissing. But Audun is fairly nice and really brave." In spite of his review, he still gives it 5 stars... I really liked it and give it 4 stars. Sweet story about how far Audun will go to be with his true love. Aaah... : )
Jul 10, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, juvenile
I liked this well enough as a continuation of the series but not as much as the previous books. I liked the change of pace with narration and the plot, but the characters were not really as strong for me and I don't remember laughing as much as I had before. As much as this is an adorable series, I hope this was the last.
Maia
Mar 31, 2012 Maia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
This book was a great continuation of the last book, and a funny & unique tale that made me laugh at parts but was suspenseful at others. I love the others way of writing and she creates quirky, funny, and realistic characters who you get to know. This book was interesting because it was written from Audan, the dragon's point of view. Great read.
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2)
  • The Fairy's Return (The Princess Tales, #6)
  • The Runaway Princess (Runaway Princess, #1)
  • Twice Upon a Marigold (Upon a Marigold, #2)
  • The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna, #1)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
  • Rapunzel: The One with All the Hair (Twice Upon a Time, #1)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2)
  • The Princess and the Bear (The Hound Saga, #2)
  • Ivy's Ever After
  • Tales From the Hood (The Sisters Grimm, #6)
  • If the Shoe Fits (The Princess School, #1)
E.D. Baker (Elizabeth Dawson Baker) made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Princess and the Frog, is loosely based on this novel.

Elizabeth was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen yea
More about E.D. Baker...

The Tales of the Frog Princess (9 books)
  • The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
  • Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2)
  • Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3)
  • No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)
  • The Salamander Spell (Tales of the Frog Princess, #5)
  • The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #6)
  • A Prince Among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess, # 8)
  • The Frog Princess Returns (The Tales of the Frog Princess #9)