Gingerbread Man Superhero!

Gingerbread Man Superhero!

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  9 reviews
"Not only do I highly recommend this delicious adventure, but I also recommend making sure you bring along a snack while reading. -Steve Young, award-winning author of 15 Minutes, the International Reading Association's Young Adult Fiction Choice for 2008 "The imaginative full page color illustrations of Gingerbread Man Superhero! leap off the page and right into the reade...more
Published September 8th 2009 by Pelican Publishing Company (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Gingerbread Man Superhero!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gingerbread Man Superhero!

Kristina Wojtaszek
What a cute and fun retelling of The Gingerbread Man! In comic strip style, this Gingerbread man is too busy fighting wicked macaroons to be swallowed up by any fox (you even see him fly over a bewildered little fox far below in the beginning of the tale). It is just right for little boys who love superheros, and even better for mom's who get the adultish humor so carefully baked into this super read.
Angie
"FLOUR POWER!" Love the story ... it's one of those that the kids will enjoy on their level and the adults can enjoy some of the hidden gems that go clear over the kids' heads.
My only complaint is that the print is quite small. Made it a little hard to read.
katsok
My son brought this home from his school library today. It is the classic story of the Gingerbread Man with a twist, the Gingerbread Man is a superhero. He loves the classic story, he is obsessed with superheroes, so this was a hit in his book.
This book was hilarious. Great play on words and names for the characters. The pictures are also bright and the words are told almost like a comic book form.
Anne
bought this for our gingerbread cookies in december theme at wcns
fun and irreverent
humor accessible to kids and adults
Wendy
Very creative re-interpretation of the classic. But, why the prune??? Funny for adults, but confusing for kids.
Loren
great humor and a new twist to a classic tale. Love the superhero cape and the prune. Great fun!
Kim
Add to teacher collection for gingerbread men
Heidi
preschool
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Brooke Patton
Brooke Patton marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Geeta Boppana
Geeta Boppana marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Elise Austin
Elise Austin marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Larisha
Larisha marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Jill Kelly
Jill Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
I'm the author of literally (get it) dozens of books for children.

Born in Killeen, Texas on a cold January day in 1954. My family moved around a lot, allowing me to, over the years, live on a farm, in an historic home and always near rivers or bayous. My playthings were hula-hoops, old typewriters and a wooden leg named Charlie. (Yep, you read that right.) If you want a true glimpse of my childhoo...more
More about Dotti Enderle...
The Library Gingerbread Man Man in the Moon Grandpa for Sale It Creeps! Crosswire