Start by marking “A Prince Among Killers (Oathbreaker, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Prince Among Killers (Oathbreaker, #2)

A Prince Among Killers (Oathbreaker #2)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  372 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The second half of the Oathbreaker story opens at the assassins' stronghold, Triune, as Aron and his sworn comrades try to find peace in a world on the brink of war. Dari and Stormbreaker grow closer as they search for Dari's missing twin; Nic and his captors find it harder to conceal their secrets; and Aron must decide whether the bond he keeps to his family will prove st ...more
Published November 24th 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about A Prince Among Killers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prince Among Killers

Graceling by Kristin CashoreThrone of Glass by Sarah J. MaasPoison Study by Maria V. SnyderThe Way of Shadows by Brent WeeksGrave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Books With Heroes/Heroines Who Are Assassins
336th out of 679 books — 2,964 voters
Graceling by Kristin CashoreFire by Kristin CashoreEragon by Christopher PaoliniAlanna by Tamora PierceThrone of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
YA Second World Fantasy
300th out of 402 books — 538 voters

More lists with this book...

Gail
This is the second and last part of this two part series.

In this book, the focus is taken off Aron and Nic becomes the main character. Also the change in the titles is also an indicaton. There is also a more romance aspect in this book then adventure and the characters are less emotional at least the feelings you would get when you read about their emtotions. A Prince Among Killers starts right where Assassin's ended. Throughout the story, the focus is one Nic and Dari's budding relationship an
Devan Marie
Liam Postlethwaite
Better then the first in this series, mainly because I had a better idea of what was going on.
Mahfuz
The worst ending EVER to a series as promising as any! I'm a guy and I love a bit of romance in books. But Vaught went FREAKING NUTS with four way romance!
And here's a tip... if you get dumped by the girl you chased after for YEARS (who also 'wanted to see' your TEACHER at the same time, and who falls in love with the guy she's known for f****g months cause they are 'soulmates') DON'T fall for her loony sister!!! And DON'T kill her husband for NO good reason and then run off with her cousin!!!
Juliet
Ithlilian
I loved the first book in this series, and was expecting another amazing installment in the series with A Prince Among Killers. Unfortunately, like the jacket says, this book has a large amount of romance and introspection. If the romance was believable, or even interesting, I wouldn't have minded it. Instead, it feels forced and unrealistic. Two people fall in love with no real reason. They meet, then a few pages later they are getting married. We get to hear from both parties in the relationsh ...more
Cory
Kamelia
My GOD!!! This book is amazing!! Stormbreaker!!!!!!!(*tears running down my cheeks*)I just finished this book and I feel torn and hurt and broken. I wish the book would never end. I want to read about Aron's future, Dari's son, and STORMBREAKER!! I want to watch them grow old and watch their children grow up. Why must the series end? This is really an amazing book. The language used by the authors capture me and makes the characters feel like they are alive. The plot is nicely done, some would s ...more
Brenna H.
2.5 stars, alas.

Much like the first book, this one wasn't quite what I expected it to be. Unlike the first book, though, this one was more of a disappointment to me. I'll try to put into words why, but I can't promise clarity of thought and articulation.

Mostly, I did not like the "romance". I'm a romantic and I like romance in stories, but I would've preferred this book to have zero romance instead of what was in it. It just didn't work for me. Part of it was, I couldn't ever see the all-encomp
Jen
I enjoyed the first Oathbreaker book, though I wondered as to the title of "Oathbreaker" when Aron, tempted as he was, didn't break any oaths. A Prince Among Killers (Oathbreaker #2) answered that puzzle for me.

This is the continuation of the tale of Aron Weylyn nee Brawling and the entire kingdom of Eyrie, populated by Fae (not that you can tell for they might as well have simply been magical humans). Times are a'changing and it appears that only the Stone guild where Aron lives will hold to it
Kelsey
Nov 18, 2011 Kelsey rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Butcher's Codex Alera series
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

After being harvested by the Stone and taken to the guild's stronghold (Triune), Aron Brailing has been training as an assassin's apprentice.

The second half of the OATHBREAKER story starts out where the first left off; Aron has to face the horrors of the ruined keep and hope to make it back alive. In the midst of his training, war is breaking out among the dynasty lords and threatening to come right to the Stone Guild stronghold.

The threat becomes r
Debby
As a sequel of "Oathbreakers, Assassin's Apprentice", this is an epic conclusion to the story. This set of books is one that you must read in order, so if you have not read the first one, do not even begin reading this one until you have finished book one.

In the first book, we met many different characters. Some of them we liked, some of them we didn't like so much. In this sequel, we find out so much more about each character. Their backgrounds and histories are revealed slowly but surely, tho
Michelle
Aron, Nic, and Dari must figure out their place in the destiny to save their world for civil war. For Aron, that means continuing to learn about his Graal. For Nic, it means deciding whether or not to come out of hiding, and for Dari it means figuring out her place in Fae society. [return][return]This story picks up right where Assassin’s Apprentice left off. Don’t try reading this one without having read the first. I felt like it lost a little momentum and was a little slow to get moving again. ...more
S. Smith
just as good as the first but I would love to have a third book in the set but I doubt it considering all the years that I have been waiting for it
Lissibith
A little better than the first, though in aspects, much worse. The climax of the story was some of the strongest writing in the books, but leading up to it was piles of unbelievable romance (in that I didn't believe any of it) more sort of empty characterization and a continuation of deus ex magic.

This entry did at least do away with a lot of the predictability of the first, and it definitely made better use of some of its more unique concepts. A few moments drew genuine emotion. If this two-vol
Marion Castaldini
Emily Ann
Just to warn you there are spoilers.

Ok so I have to say I didn't even finish the book. There are just too many good book out there to be wasting my time reading this one.

Aron was ok and I liked him but he got annoying A lot. And Dari....just oh I hated her.

The rest of the characters I didn't' much like ether and I wanted to like Nic but I didn't really.

The love life was HORRIBLE I mean gah wast of time just reading about it. Dari was horrible to Aron I wanted to slap her hard when she married
Olivia
Interesting twist on the cliche assassins apprentice story line.
Claire
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Assassin's Apprentice.
This is certainly a worthy sequel. The story continues exactly where it left on in book one. This is a grand fantasy adventure that incorporates all the themes we hope for in fantasy, talent, bravery, love, faithfulness, hope and perhaps above all- sacrifice. To me, the Oathbreaker books also resonate with echoes of the author..abilities of leaving one's body to perform marvelous feats; transformations into powerful flying cre
Kyle

The second half of the Oathbreaker series, A Prince Among Killers, starts where the first book ended. This is one of those books that are nearly impossible to put down. You finish one chapter and just can’t find it in yourself to set it aside. I just had to start the next chapter to see what was was going to happen next.

The pair of books are both creative and unique. I just can’t recommend them highly enough. It’s a great story for both young and old. My only disappointment is that there aren’t

Eric
I'm not completely confident in giving this book four stars. I felt like the author was attempting to hurry towards the finish. It left me wanting a bit more to the story. I felt like this was meant to be a middle book instead of a conclusion and I feel like the author might have ended up with a more complete story by doing so. With that being said, I did enjoy this story very much. The concept of the magical system was simple but effective. I definetely do not regret reading this book.
Burningfeather
I had at first liked Dari, but as this book dragged on I couldn't really stand her. Same thing with Stormbreaker. He was a cool character until he became "uncool." Kinda was disappointed, but I can't really say anything because I didn't really finish the first book!

Spoiler:

Totally saw that Kate + Aron thing. Personally, I didn't like it because I saw it coming.
Ashley
Jun 24, 2011 Ashley rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
I really enjoyed the two books in the Oathbreaker series. The story was exciting and had lots of magic. I love books where people have supernatural powers and have to struggle to learn to use them. My only negative is that things got a little rushed at the end. I feel like there needs to be more to the story and I hope there are future books to come.
Sally
Loved this set of books. I picked up the first one at ALA and liked it, but my husband finally hunted down the second book...and it took me 2 years to pick it up. Very good. Great characters and interesting powers. And the bandit! of course! Very interesting, and I really liked it. I recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy!
Ariel
I loved it! I thought it was great how it began exactly where the first left off, and it answered all of my questions. Great depiction of the war scene and I was thrilled when everyone didn't live happily ever-after. Great story, very worthy sequel. In fact, the second was better than the first.
Jasmine Embers
For me, this book really touched my heart and that type of book is extremely hard to find. The only complaint I have is that there is only two books in the series. So many questions are unanswered. Anyway, great book!
Magda
The further I get from having finished, the more I change my "breath-takingly complex" to "cute." Not sure whether this says more about the books or my memory. I definitely enjoyed the read.
Jenna
Conclusion to the Oathbreaker duo. Again, assassin fans may be disappointed, but fantasy fans will not be. It's an elegant ending, though somewhat predictable. I was satisfied.
Naomi Scott
I enjoyed reading about this world and all the interesting powers. It was incredible what some of the people could do! I thought it was a pretty good story too.
  • The Shadow of Malabron (Perilous Realm, #1)
  • The Alchemists of Barbal
  • The Paradise Trap
  • Eat the Sky, Drink the Ocean
  • Secrets Of Deltora
  • Minor Arcana
  • The Locus Awards: Thirty Years of the Best in Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Beautiful City of the Dead
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • ツバサ-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- 24
  • Song of the Slums
  • カーニヴァル [Kānivaru] 9 (Karneval, #9)
  • The Revenge of Lord Oda (Blood Ninja, #2)
  • Lord of the Two Lands (Alexander the Great, #0)
  • Moonlight and Ashes
  • Shadow's Edge. Part 1 of 2 (Night Angel, #2.1)
  • Darkhenge
S.R. Vaught also writes as Susan Vaught.
More about S.R. Vaught...

Oathbreaker (2 books)
  • Assassin's Apprentice (Oathbreaker, #1)
Assassin's Apprentice (Oathbreaker, #1) Oathbreaker 2: A Prince Among Killers Oathbreaker 1: Assassin's Apprentice L.O.S.T. (L.O.S.T., #1) Shadowqueen (L.O.S.T., #2)