Start by marking “Deadly Viper Character Assassins” as Want to Read:
Deadly Viper Character Assassins

Deadly Viper Character Assassins

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In your home, in your church, in your life, nothing is more important than your integrity—and nothing is more prone to ambushes. Through their simple, creative, and hard-hitting book and small group DVD, Mike Foster and Jud Wilhite help everyday leaders guard their character—and recover if they have taken a hit—to achieve lifestyles of radical integrity and grace.
Published October 1st 2009 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Viper Character Assassins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Viper Character Assassins

'cause we all need a little self-help from time to time, yeah?

pithy, practical. irreverent, yet deadly serious. a good reminder that right action is birthed from right thought, and that who you are on the inside is eventually what will be seen on the outside.
Clever writings on building character and integrity and leadership. The book starts out with a quote from Master Po from Kung Fu, "He who conquers himself is the greatest warrior. These are the seven assassins that will undermine living a good life:

1. The assassin of character creep (small actions done daily that undermine your personal character or integrity
2. The assassin of Zi Qi Qi Ren (Chinese word that means self deception while deceiving others
3. The assassin of amped emotions "Become the

I grabbed Deadly Viper Character Assassins from the New Books shelf at my public library. A well designed book with funky graphics, I checked it out. The book is about maintaining an upright character. The authors list six character assassins that you must beware:

The Assassin of Character Creep: Do not cut corners when it comes to your character. That is how most people begin their fall.
The Assassin of Zi Qi Qi Ren: Zi Qi Qi Ren is the Chinese term for deceiving yourself while deceiving other
This book is about different "character assassins" that will destroy your integrity if you are not aware of them or if you are not setting yourself up to overcome them.

One of the things that I love about Christianity or any conversation regarding any issue when Christianity plays a part is the fact that God is the Alpha and Omega. What I mean by that is most conversations regarding God will start with God (the Alpha).

A basic conversation starts out with a basic theology of who God is, his charac
Attractively packaged little book (about the size of a double CD case) about the very important topics of integrity, accountability & grace. Mike & Jud (the authors) used the ninja/kung fu theme to highlight possible ways in which our integrity can be compromised and/or destroyed... and set up some possible ways to prevent that from happening.

One problem with the book is tone: sometimes, they're striving for a "beat your chest/Man Cave" vibe. Other times, they tell important personal st
Warren Christianson
The message and illistrations are great. If you have seen the TV program of Kung Fu then the story will make more sense to you. The infor,mation and stories about staying out of trouble by watching out for the charactor assassins is very helpful. Hope they will rewrite the book to stay out of trouble with the critism of it.
Angela Blount
An easy read that keeps your attention by breaking up sections with various artwork and quotes. An interesting spin on some fairly universal concepts. I highly recommend for men, as there is a raw candor and definite masculinity that I believe most would find refreshing, if not appealing.
Aaron Carlberg
This is not the best written book you will ever read, but it does have valuable insights. Too bad someone got offended by the Asian themes in the book and caused Zondervan to pull it from distribution.
Cool book. A fun way to look at the simple things that bring us down day in and day out. The assassin of character creep really stuck with me.
Oct 04, 2008 Ladewitt rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all who wish to live with integrity.
What a great little book. It made me think about how I lived my life. It was just a comic book like writing, but it made me think about my integrity.
Dave Mevis
Jan 02, 2010 Dave Mevis rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dave by: Graham Brenna
Shelves: again
Quick read. Interesting thoughts on the importance of living with integrity, some common downfalls, and strategies for avoiding pitfalls.
Edgar Cabello
Excellent look at uncensored grace on the Vegas Strip from Jud WIlhite. Challenging stories of journey and transformation from SIn City.
Billy Phipps
Apr 25, 2008 Billy Phipps rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Men
Recommended to Billy by: Mike Foster
This was co-authored by a friend of mine Mike Foster. It's a fun read puts your ego on blast without emasculating you.
an easy read & a good reminder about the importance of integrity & character in work & life.
I learned how to maintain integrity even when it is attacked.
Bryan Talbott
not bad for an Amarillo boy. . .
vickie deblock
vickie deblock marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Dave marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Gracenomics: Unleash the Power of Second Chance Living The Right to Bear Arms: After the Riots Begin Freeway Gracenomics Participant Guide: Unleash The Power Of Second Chance Living Strange Genius: The Life of Ferdinand VanDeVeer Hayden