Start by marking “Wedding Tiers” as Want to Read:
Wedding Tiers

Wedding Tiers

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  1,869 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
The path of true love never runs smooth. But for some, it's one seriously bumpy ride! A heartwarming new romantic comedy from the bestselling author of A WINTER'S TALE. Growing up in the beautiful Lancashire village of Neatslake, Josie Gray and her childhood sweetheart, Ben Richards, always dreamt of living a life of rural bliss. And when Josie inherits her beloved Grandmo ...more
Published April 6th 2009 by Avon, a Division of HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Tiers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Tiers

Leah
Aug 30, 2009 Leah rated it really liked it
Wedding Tiers is my first Trisha Ashley novel and tells the story of Josie, a cakemaker, who lives with her childhood sweetheart Ben. Back in the village is Libby, Josie’s best friend and together they start a wedding business. But as the business takes off, Ben & Josie’s relationship falls apart and Josie becomes loves number one cynic. Until Noah Sephton arrives on the scene…

I absolutely loved Wedding Tiers. Katie Fforde is quoted on the back cover saying “One of the best writers around!”
Rachel Cotterill
Apr 10, 2012 Rachel Cotterill rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012, romance
Josie, the heroine of Wedding Tiers has a talent with sugarcraft and is enjoying well-deserved success with her wedding cake business. At the start of the book she's also living comfortably with her childhood sweetheart, although it's obvious to everyone except her that there's something out of balance in their relationship.

Unfortunately, I found Josie's character and actions hard to believe in places. She goes from naively optimistic to (supposedly) hardened cynic, and back again, in the course
Paula Sealey
May 24, 2012 Paula Sealey rated it liked it
Josie and Ben live a mostly 'green' and idyllic life in rural Neatslake. Josie bakes, makes preserves, looks after Uncle Harry, the chickens and various other people. Ben is an 'on the up' artist, making frequent trips to London. His visits there lead to an event that changes both their lives.

An enjoyable read with interesting characters, although I did want to shake Josie sometimes ;-) I will definitely purchase more Trisha Ashley books based on this.

MB (What she read)
Last read 6/19/09:
All of Trisha Ashley's books have, more-or-less, the same standard plot. But it's the getting there and the crazy/fun characterization that makes them so enjoyable!
PrettyFlamingo
Mar 19, 2017 PrettyFlamingo rated it really liked it
I’ve read a few Trisha Ashley books and I like how many of them link together by referring to past characters and situations. They’re invariably set in villages in the North West that you’d like to live in yourself and in a community you’d like to be a part of. This follows on from A Winter’s Tale, which I enjoyed very much and again some of the same characters are mentioned so it feels like you are reading the latest instalment of a serial.

Josie lives in Neatslake with her partner Ben. They’ve
Lin
May 21, 2017 Lin rated it really liked it
Shelves: trish-ashley
Fabulous
Katie
Apr 16, 2011 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, 2000s
Josie Gray is a thirty-something woman living an idyllic life in the small Lancashire village of Neatslake. She lives in her grandmother’s old cottage with her childhood sweetheart, Ben, growing and trading for as much of their produce as possible, and supplementing their income with Josie’s weird wedding cakes, her column for the cult magazine Skint Old Northern Woman and Ben’s occasional artwork sales. When Josie’s oldest friend Libby returns to the village and decides to launch a wedding busi ...more
NicoleHasRead
Apr 01, 2012 NicoleHasRead rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone very bored
Recommended to NicoleHasRead by: Amazon Kindle store
I bought this in the Kindle sale after being attracted by the sample. I really wish I hadn't bothered.

Wedding Tiers introduces us to Josie, recently orphaned, who has moved to the idyllic village of Neatslake to live with her Grandmother, her only remaining relative. There she meets the brusque but oh-so-soft Libby; a girl from the wrong side of the tracks determined to marry well and better her situation. She also meets the handsome Ben, who instantly becomes her friend and later her lover.

We s
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Mar 29, 2013 Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl rated it it was amazing
What a lovely written book. As you know, I adore books where I can transport myself into the pages and become a part of the story. Trisha Ashley is one of the few people who've been able to do that for me.
I fell in love with Josie as soon as I started. I just wanted to hug her constantly and be her friend.
The scenes are set perfectly in the quaint little village where she lives. It's like you want to move there yourself. Everyone's friendly and looking out for each other. The perfect place.
The d
Jilly
Nov 11, 2015 Jilly rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I'm a big fan of romances but they tend to have the same whirl-wind romance feel to them and yet Ashley tends to lean away from that format. One of the things I like the most is her characters fascination with cooking which always seems intriguing.

In this book Josie is living the simple life in the country baking cakes for weddings and sharing vegetables with her co-op group. Her boyfriend artist is in his studio working while she writes simple living entries for a magazine.

Everything is perfect
Alison
Feb 18, 2012 Alison rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Having read and enjoyed Tricia Ashley's "Twelve Days of Christmas" I had high hopes for this book - but was sadly disappointed. The storyline itself was okay, a bit soppy but I didn't expect much more, and the characters were likeable enough, but the style of writing really annoyed me. To start with, conversation was used as a tool to bring characters' back stories into the novel, but it meant that much of the conversation was then very stilted and unnatural - I really don't think that friends s ...more
Terrible audio book!!! read by Judy Flynn:-
Some narrators can add a star to a review of a book by the way they capture the time, place or characters. But sadly this one removes several stars from an otherwise enjoyable romance. Was she the first one that they dragged in off the street, because they think that chick lit doesn't require a decent standard? Or did they actually tell her that she would be reading to a group of 2-year-olds? She speaks in the over-exaggerated, deafening style that some
Lindsey
Jun 04, 2016 Lindsey rated it did not like it
Shelves: chicklit, disliked
It's a mystery to me how this book ever got published.

The content isn't necessarily awful, but it is every predictable 'small town girl meets big city guy' plotline blended with two characters with no chemistry and a pinch of rubbish. The main character manages to be both whiny and self-sacrificing, her ~sassy best friend is neither sassy nor really her friend from what I read and while the portrayal of small town life is almost (but not quite) charming, the whole thing just reeks of overly sug
Nicola Clough
Sep 12, 2015 Nicola Clough rated it it was amazing
A really good light read I loved the characters and the plot was easy to get into Josie was living with her child hood lover Ben and they lived a green life and Josie started up a wedding cake business and it really took off. She is ipso in love with Ben that she is the only person who can see something is wrong he spends half his time in London and half with Josie. Josie's long term friend from school Libby comes to see Josie but ends up marrying someone in the village and she sets up her busin ...more
Diana
Sep 26, 2016 Diana rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and have taken the weekend off to read it, I fact I've even had my Monday morning coffee break early so I can finish off the last couple of chapters.
Set in the village of neatslake close to sticklepond some of the characters will be familiar to readers of Trisha's other books set in this area this one introduces josie gray who moved to live with her gran when she was orphaned. Making friends with Libby and meeting Ben on the first day her life grows into rural domestication and
Lindy Dale
May 20, 2012 Lindy Dale rated it liked it
I was unsure about this story as it took me quite a while to get into the style of writing. It's almost diary like and I found it a bit hard to read. That said I loved the characters of Noah and LIbby. I wanted to throttle Ben for being a fool and for his behaviour later in the story and I couldn't really understand why Josie forgave Olivia or why she was so clueless about Noah's feelings.
It's probably not a book that I would read again but I enjoyed it at the end and I would be tempted to look
Nicole
Sep 03, 2012 Nicole rated it did not like it
This book is so horribly written. There is an exclamation point in literally every paragraph. The character sounds more desperate and less intelligent than she might be. She also sounds younger. This book couldn't have been edited; it must be why it's so cheap on Amazon. Also, a recently-introduced character had the same exact tragic circumstances as a character in another one of her books. Very odd. No editor, again.

Why am I reading it? The much more intelligent book I was reading was depressin
Joanne
Aug 03, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it
I've just discovered Trisha Ashley, and I'm 2/2 with her books. They are delightful reads. I enjoyed this book so much, not just for the romance, which was very sweet, but also for the depiction of English country life. Her descriptions about baking, making homemade wine (although I doubt I'd be in a hurry to try parsnip wine), growing vegetables in her backyard, just made me smile all the way through. This is truly a feel-good author who knows how to make a story hum. I'll be looking for her bo ...more
Pat Stearman
Oct 24, 2012 Pat Stearman rated it really liked it
Picked this up because I was going to hear the author talk, so thought I really ought to know what she wrote! It's good, escapist, undemanding stuff that I read in about 24 hours while coughing and sneezing with cold.
The book and the author talk were enough to make me pick up another of her books in the library yesterday and I'll try that when I want something light. (probably after The Casual Vacancy which I also collected yesterday!!) May become addicted!
Fanficfan44
May 13, 2013 Fanficfan44 rated it really liked it
I really like Trisha Ashley books in general and this was no exception. I loved the small village setting. The characters were well designed and I liked how the love triangle played out. I found the reactions of their friends to Josie and Ben’s breakup was very true to life. Charming book with a likable main character, Josie, a woman who built a life with her teen sweetheart and then had to rebuild it without him.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Feb 19, 2012 Fabulous Book Fiend rated it liked it
I really enjoyed Ashley's Christmas novel so thought I would enjoy this one just as much but I found this really tough going... A lot seemed to happen at either end if the story but the middle just seemed to drag by with frustrating lack of events. I wasn't a big fan of the main character but still found myself wanting to know what happened to her in the end. An ok story but not a page-turner for me.
Marie
Jan 06, 2014 Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trisha-ashley
Romantic read for romantic souls. This book has a good feeling attached to it. Yes, the heroine might seems blind to the obvious but let's face it - who isn't? You can read narrative elsewhere, all I can say is that Trisha Ashley did a good job writing this book. Thank you for entertaining me again and well done on accomplishing something as amazing as writing a book. I'm not sure how many books were written by all those bad commentators.... ;)
Paris
Jul 04, 2016 Paris rated it did not like it
DNF page 78

I usually love Trisha Ashley books but I just couldn't get into this one. I also guessed where the storyline was heading very early on, and from then it was just too predictable. Yes, I admit it, I actually skipped through the book to see if I was right and I was. Unfortunately I had to give up on this book which I hate doing.
Cheryl
Jul 28, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I love Trisha Ashley books. They tell it how it is! They're very funny and weave a little magic in to a fantastic easy to read story. This one centered around a love triangle that was so well written you didn't really know who Josie would end up with right unto the last 2 chapters! Trishas Ashley crates a wonderful life for the locals in her fictional villages. We would all like to escape there!
Lavender
Mar 03, 2012 Lavender rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All those that love a novel
Trisha Ashley's novels have a bit of everything in them if your into reading a good book I would start with "Wedding Tiers: as it has me hooked line and sinker.. I want to read all her books.... Her latest book is "The Magic Of Christmas" which I will read last but she also has many other books which I will be reading when I get my hands on them...
Abbey
Jun 06, 2012 Abbey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was so dissapointed with this book. i loved every other book of trisha ashley's but this was just terrible.. i just couldnt get in to the story and just didnt understand the characters. i just hope her new one is better. x
Trina Knittle
Jan 22, 2015 Trina Knittle rated it liked it
This was a fun read. It is written nicely. I love how the storyline just pulled me in and kept my interest to the very end. A dun and entertaining read. I can definitely see myself reading more from this author.
Katie
Jan 03, 2012 Katie rated it liked it
i have slight mixed feelings about this book. i loved the naive character of Josie and the handsome Noah and Libby. i liked how the story centered around weddings. However the story was let down by the bizarre characters in the village, i couldnt warm to them.
Chanpreet
Apr 27, 2011 Chanpreet rated it liked it
I loved the fact Josie was a strong female character. She didn't dilly dally and stuck fast to her decisions. I felt a little awkward reading the book because it alluded to events that had been mentioned in previous books. But not too much.
June
May 14, 2014 June rated it really liked it
Predictable easy reading. I listened to the audio book version being re told parts not as annoying - listening on the go you can miss things
On the whole I quite liked it and will try more by the author
  • Heaven Sent
  • A Spring Affair
  • Last Christmas
  • The Rose Revived
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Walking Back to Happiness
  • Lizzy Harrison Loses Control
  • Out of the Blue
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • Molly's Millions
  • (Un)like a Virgin
  • Breakfast at Darcy's
Trisha Ashley is now a full-time novelist, but she has been known to work for stained glass makers and/or plumbers. She likes to paint, eat, drink, and read literary biographies. Her previous hobbies included getting divorced and packing to move. She claims to have once actually eaten Bronte burgers at the Branwell café, but her publisher declines to verify this. She lives in North Wales.
More about Trisha Ashley...

“at the WI Markets,’ I said regretfully.” 0 likes