Start by marking “Wedding Tiers” as Want to Read:
Wedding Tiers

Wedding Tiers

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,399 ratings  ·  54 reviews
The path of true love never runs smooth. But for some, it's one seriously bumpy ride! A heartwarming new romantic comedy from the bestselling author of A WINTER'S TALE. Growing up in the beautiful Lancashire village of Neatslake, Josie Gray and her childhood sweetheart, Ben Richards, always dreamt of living a life of rural bliss. And when Josie inherits her beloved Grandmo ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Avon Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Tiers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Tiers

Truly, Madly, Deeply by Faraaz KaziThe Boy Next Door by Meg CabotChasing Daisy by Paige ToonShiver by Maggie StiefvaterShadowland by Meg Cabot
romances with picture covers
107th out of 205 books — 71 voters
Uglies by Scott WesterfeldWorld War Z by Max BrooksWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëUnder the Dome by Stephen KingVampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Titles that start with U, V, or W
179th out of 442 books — 42 voters

More lists with this book...

Wedding Tiers is my first Trisha Ashley novel and tells the story of Josie, a cakemaker, who lives with her childhood sweetheart Ben. Back in the village is Libby, Josie’s best friend and together they start a wedding business. But as the business takes off, Ben & Josie’s relationship falls apart and Josie becomes loves number one cynic. Until Noah Sephton arrives on the scene…

I absolutely loved Wedding Tiers. Katie Fforde is quoted on the back cover saying “One of the best writers around!”
Rachel Cotterill
Josie, the heroine of Wedding Tiers has a talent with sugarcraft and is enjoying well-deserved success with her wedding cake business. At the start of the book she's also living comfortably with her childhood sweetheart, although it's obvious to everyone except her that there's something out of balance in their relationship.

Unfortunately, I found Josie's character and actions hard to believe in places. She goes from naively optimistic to (supposedly) hardened cynic, and back again, in the course
Paula Sealey
Josie and Ben live a mostly 'green' and idyllic life in rural Neatslake. Josie bakes, makes preserves, looks after Uncle Harry, the chickens and various other people. Ben is an 'on the up' artist, making frequent trips to London. His visits there lead to an event that changes both their lives.

An enjoyable read with interesting characters, although I did want to shake Josie sometimes ;-) I will definitely purchase more Trisha Ashley books based on this.

MB (What she read)
Last read 6/19/09:
All of Trisha Ashley's books have, more-or-less, the same standard plot. But it's the getting there and the crazy/fun characterization that makes them so enjoyable!
Nicola Clough
A really good light read I loved the characters and the plot was easy to get into Josie was living with her child hood lover Ben and they lived a green life and Josie started up a wedding cake business and it really took off. She is ipso in love with Ben that she is the only person who can see something is wrong he spends half his time in London and half with Josie. Josie's long term friend from school Libby comes to see Josie but ends up marrying someone in the village and she sets up her busin ...more
I've just discovered Trisha Ashley, and I'm 2/2 with her books. They are delightful reads. I enjoyed this book so much, not just for the romance, which was very sweet, but also for the depiction of English country life. Her descriptions about baking, making homemade wine (although I doubt I'd be in a hurry to try parsnip wine), growing vegetables in her backyard, just made me smile all the way through. This is truly a feel-good author who knows how to make a story hum. I'll be looking for her bo ...more
Josie Gray is a thirty-something woman living an idyllic life in the small Lancashire village of Neatslake. She lives in her grandmother’s old cottage with her childhood sweetheart, Ben, growing and trading for as much of their produce as possible, and supplementing their income with Josie’s weird wedding cakes, her column for the cult magazine Skint Old Northern Woman and Ben’s occasional artwork sales. When Josie’s oldest friend Libby returns to the village and decides to launch a wedding busi ...more
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
What a lovely written book. As you know, I adore books where I can transport myself into the pages and become a part of the story. Trisha Ashley is one of the few people who've been able to do that for me.
I fell in love with Josie as soon as I started. I just wanted to hug her constantly and be her friend.
The scenes are set perfectly in the quaint little village where she lives. It's like you want to move there yourself. Everyone's friendly and looking out for each other. The perfect place.
The d
Apr 08, 2012 TooManyBooks rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone very bored
Recommended to TooManyBooks by: Amazon Kindle store
I bought this in the Kindle sale after being attracted by the sample. I really wish I hadn't bothered.

Wedding Tiers introduces us to Josie, recently orphaned, who has moved to the idyllic village of Neatslake to live with her Grandmother, her only remaining relative. There she meets the brusque but oh-so-soft Libby; a girl from the wrong side of the tracks determined to marry well and better her situation. She also meets the handsome Ben, who instantly becomes her friend and later her lover.

We s
Having read and enjoyed Tricia Ashley's "Twelve Days of Christmas" I had high hopes for this book - but was sadly disappointed. The storyline itself was okay, a bit soppy but I didn't expect much more, and the characters were likeable enough, but the style of writing really annoyed me. To start with, conversation was used as a tool to bring characters' back stories into the novel, but it meant that much of the conversation was then very stilted and unnatural - I really don't think that friends s ...more
I love Trisha Ashley as you always know you are going to get a good read and you do with this book. Josie is the main character. When she was young her parents died and she was brought up by her grandmother. When her grandmother died she left Josie her house and that is where she lives with her boyfriend Ben (who she meet on her very first day at school). Josie makes wedding cakes and Ben is an artist. Josie's bestfriend Libby returns to the village is now a very rich widow and before long Josie ...more
Marie Godley
The scene with someone trying to get through their door whilst drunk had me laughing out loud. The chicken was adorable and the characters popping up from other books made you feel like you knew the new ones even though it was the first time you'd met them.
Trina Knittle
This was a fun read. It is written nicely. I love how the storyline just pulled me in and kept my interest to the very end. A dun and entertaining read. I can definitely see myself reading more from this author.
Romantic read for romantic souls. This book has a good feeling attached to it. Yes, the heroine might seems blind to the obvious but let's face it - who isn't? You can read narrative elsewhere, all I can say is that Trisha Ashley did a good job writing this book. Thank you for entertaining me again and well done on accomplishing something as amazing as writing a book. I'm not sure how many books were written by all those bad commentators.... ;)
Lindy Dale
I was unsure about this story as it took me quite a while to get into the style of writing. It's almost diary like and I found it a bit hard to read. That said I loved the characters of Noah and LIbby. I wanted to throttle Ben for being a fool and for his behaviour later in the story and I couldn't really understand why Josie forgave Olivia or why she was so clueless about Noah's feelings.
It's probably not a book that I would read again but I enjoyed it at the end and I would be tempted to look
This book is so horribly written. There is an exclamation point in literally every paragraph. The character sounds more desperate and less intelligent than she might be. She also sounds younger. This book couldn't have been edited; it must be why it's so cheap on Amazon. Also, a recently-introduced character had the same exact tragic circumstances as a character in another one of her books. Very odd. No editor, again.

Why am I reading it? The much more intelligent book I was reading was depressin
This was really cute though the ending kinda felt a bit rushed.
Characters were great, but the pacing was a bit off.
Predictable easy reading. I listened to the audio book version being re told parts not as annoying - listening on the go you can miss things
On the whole I quite liked it and will try more by the author
Sharleen Harlow
lovely, charming read.
Pat Stearman
Picked this up because I was going to hear the author talk, so thought I really ought to know what she wrote! It's good, escapist, undemanding stuff that I read in about 24 hours while coughing and sneezing with cold.
The book and the author talk were enough to make me pick up another of her books in the library yesterday and I'll try that when I want something light. (probably after The Casual Vacancy which I also collected yesterday!!) May become addicted!
I really like Trisha Ashley books in general and this was no exception. I loved the small village setting. The characters were well designed and I liked how the love triangle played out. I found the reactions of their friends to Josie and Ben’s breakup was very true to life. Charming book with a likable main character, Josie, a woman who built a life with her teen sweetheart and then had to rebuild it without him.
I really enjoyed Ashley's Christmas novel so thought I would enjoy this one just as much but I found this really tough going... A lot seemed to happen at either end if the story but the middle just seemed to drag by with frustrating lack of events. I wasn't a big fan of the main character but still found myself wanting to know what happened to her in the end. An ok story but not a page-turner for me.
I love Trisha Ashley books. They tell it how it is! They're very funny and weave a little magic in to a fantastic easy to read story. This one centered around a love triangle that was so well written you didn't really know who Josie would end up with right unto the last 2 chapters! Trishas Ashley crates a wonderful life for the locals in her fictional villages. We would all like to escape there!
Mar 03, 2012 Lavender rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All those that love a novel
Trisha Ashley's novels have a bit of everything in them if your into reading a good book I would start with "Wedding Tiers: as it has me hooked line and sinker.. I want to read all her books.... Her latest book is "The Magic Of Christmas" which I will read last but she also has many other books which I will be reading when I get my hands on them...
i have slight mixed feelings about this book. i loved the naive character of Josie and the handsome Noah and Libby. i liked how the story centered around weddings. However the story was let down by the bizarre characters in the village, i couldnt warm to them.
I loved the fact Josie was a strong female character. She didn't dilly dally and stuck fast to her decisions. I felt a little awkward reading the book because it alluded to events that had been mentioned in previous books. But not too much.
Abbey Liddle
I was so dissapointed with this book. i loved every other book of trisha ashley's but this was just terrible.. i just couldnt get in to the story and just didnt understand the characters. i just hope her new one is better. x
Another enjoyable chick lit. Got abit annoyed with Josie for being such an idiot with Ben. And with her not seeing who really loved her the whole time. Ben was a selfish twat. She was better off without him.
Linda Wallis
Having met Trisha Ashley at an author talk, I can hear her in this book.
Not my usual read but I really enjoyed it.
Love the characters and how descriptive she is.
May have to read another of her books now!!
  • Last Christmas
  • Heaven Sent
  • A Spring Affair
  • The Beach Cafe
  • Wedding Season
  • Walking Back to Happiness
  • Out of the Blue
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero
  • Lizzy Harrison Loses Control
  • Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
Trisha Ashley is now a full-time novelist, but she has been known to work for stained glass makers and/or plumbers. She likes to paint, eat, drink, and read literary biographies. Her previous hobbies included getting divorced and packing to move. She claims to have once actually eaten Bronte burgers at the Branwell café, but her publisher declines to verify this. She lives in North Wales.
More about Trisha Ashley...
Twelve Days of Christmas Chocolate Wishes Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues A Winter's Tale The Magic of Christmas