Start by marking “Wolverine: Tales of Weapon X” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: Tales of Weapon X

Wolverine: Tales of Weapon X (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  110 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
This omnibus collects six action-packed tales from Wolverine's mysterious past! Join Charles Xavier as he journeys deep into Wolverine's mind on a quest for answers that will shed new light on one of the darkest periods of Logan's life - his days in the Weapon X program!
Published April 15th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

JB
Jul 19, 2014 JB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always jump to the opportunity to learn more about one of my favorite Marvel characters and his origin, I'm talking about the man, the mutant who is the best at what he does. He goes by many names, Weapon X, James Howlett, Logan, Wolverine to name a few.

The stories in this book are a nice addition to the existing origin stories about Wolverine. It touches upon Wolverine's earlier days at the Xavier School for the Gifted.

You get six stories including various X-men characters like Colossus, Gam
Steven Laverty
Dec 01, 2014 Steven Laverty rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
A throroghly enjoyable jaunt through Wolverine's troubled past in Weapon X and his current role as mentor to a young Kitty Pryde. The collection contains several interesting short tales and some vibrant, exciting art. Featuring guest appearances by Deadpool, Sabertooth and Gambit and suitable for readers of all ages; this graphic novel tones down on the violence but remains a fun affair. It's fairly simple stuff, and ultimately, it's likely forgettable but it's certainly very enjoyable while it ...more
Emily Green
Aug 11, 2011 Emily Green rated it liked it
Wolverine: Tales of Weapon X offers several different Wolverine stories from several different series and with varying success. The most compelling of the pieces is the first, “Weapon X: First Class,” which details the efforts of Wolverine and Professor Xavier to uncover some of Wolverine’s blocked memories.

Wolverine’s past, as everyone knows who is even tangentially familiar with X-Men, is a big mystery. For a long time, he does not know where he is from or how he got the adamantium skeleton t
Gaisce
May 05, 2012 Gaisce rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This collects "Weapon X: First Class" issues one through three, "Wolverine: First Class" issues one and two, and Power Pack #2. For a compilation graphic novel, the stories are better connected than most, although it retreads a lot of Wolverine's major characterization marks. Always a loner, "the best he is at what he does," and constant symbolic references to his inner turmoil of fighting the animal within. For people just getting into the character, this is a nice--if not sometimes redundant-- ...more
Max Ostrovsky
Okay, so I didn't even realize this was meant for all audiences until mid way through...and I didn't mind it at all. The artwork was great for the different stories, although there were some eyebrow raises. I understand that the Gambit story was of his youth, but his look was had too much sexually ambiguity. Did he have a sex change before he joined the X-Men? Seriously, he looked like a girl.
I did love the artwork throughout, but especially in the Xavier mind journey stories.
The Kitty Pryde s
Matej
Nov 18, 2014 Matej rated it liked it
This Wolverine collection for all ages collects three different Wolverine-centric titles.
The main title is Weapon X: First Class. The writing in this one is ok, even though Wolverine is a bit too naive. The story is good, even though most of the readers are familiar with it. The art is ok if you can ignore the fact that both Wolverine and Professor X look evil, and that Professor X changes the shape of his head in each panel. The backup stories of this title are what shines in this collection. T
ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak}
Wolverine comics with a bit of DP and wee Remy Lebeau make a girl happy :p
Randy
Apr 24, 2013 Randy rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2013
These stories give some details about Wolverine, my favourite X-Man. the more back story I get the more I want to read. Like Prof. X, going into Logan's mind to find his memories, the writers can have a good time creating the events that have lead to such a troubled man.

I picked this book up because Wolverine is on the cover.

I finished it because he has many good stories to tell.

I would recommend this to Thomas, though, I think he likely has read it already.
April Sidoti
Jan 28, 2014 April Sidoti rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!
Sean Camoni
Apr 02, 2014 Sean Camoni rated it really liked it
Not bad - aimed at a younger audience. Some good stuff, revisting stories you've mostly probably seen/read/heard before.
Benjamin
Jul 17, 2012 Benjamin rated it liked it
Relatively good story throughout, though I almost enjoyed the side-stories at the end more than the main story (Deadpool and Gambit). Art in the main story was... interesting. The characters seemed to be made of rubber bands, though at times it contributed to the portrayal of action in the frame, most of it just seemed out of place.
Gord
Aug 07, 2012 Gord rated it liked it
If this came out 25 years ago , I would give it full marks for being awesome. Sadly despite being an original Wolverine fan , I'm bored of him now , way too many takes about his origin and just simply way too much stuff on him. Its a good Wolverine read but I'm personally penalizing all X titles nowadays.
Amanda Borenstadt
Great read and safe for all ages.
If you enjoyed Origins, you'll like this- maybe even more. Dig down into Logan's past.
The Deadpool story in the middle of the book made me literally LOL.
But my fav. story in the book was the one where Logan is forced to team up with Kitty.
Tek
Apr 14, 2009 Tek rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
More of an introduction into the First Class titles than a complete arc in collected form. The Weapon X parts were the best. I liked the artwork and special appearances by Sabretooth, Deadpool and Gambit.
Frank Taranto
I really liked the first part with Professor Xavier helping Wolverine learn about his past by going into Wolverine's head. The story with Kitty Pryde was OK. The Power Pack story was a waste of paper.
Keith Bryan
May 16, 2011 Keith Bryan rated it really liked it
This was really good for a compilation of X-Men comics. I like Logan a lot so of course I wasn't bored. I would recommend to others who like super powered mutant societies.
Angela
Ok, another retelling of Wolverine finding out about Weapon X with the Professor. The small Deadpool strip was very funny though.
Jonathan Kistemann
Aug 26, 2012 Jonathan Kistemann rated it liked it
Definitely had a good story, didn't stray too much from Wolverines history. Last chapter was lame.
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Studybeast1701
Studybeast1701 rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Tony Grogan
Tony Grogan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
KLD
KLD rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Garrett
Garrett rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Jeramy Spicer
Jeramy Spicer rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Marvel Reader
Marvel Reader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Matthew Farmer
Matthew Farmer marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Tyler L.
Tyler L. rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Jenifer Scott
Jenifer Scott rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Wolverine Marvel Comics (1 - 10 of 196 books)
  • The Best of Wolverine, Vol. 1
  • Wolverine Omnibus
  • Wolverine: Origin
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Premiere Classic)
  • Wolverine