Blank-133x176
A Dream of Spring

George R.R. Martin

A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire #7)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Originally titled "A Time For Wolves". The seventh and apparent final book of George R. R. Martin's acclaimed series, A Song of Ice and Fire.
Hardcover

Junkie for the Written Word
10/14/12 I'm just going to go ahead and assume that my daughter, who was negative 7 when A Game of Thrones came out, will be sexually active and possibly married with children by the time this book is released. Just call me Granny.

I promise you this Mr. George Arr Arr Martin, if you have the audacity to die before you finish this series, I will wait patiently until I die as well, all the while plotting my revenge, then I will suck your spirit down into an abyss filled with thousands and thousan...more
Méadhbh
Aug 29, 2012 Méadhbh marked it as to-read
I googled the average life expectancy of an American male. It seems that George r r martin will live just long enough to finish his series, with just two or three years of retirement left over.
MandyM
Aug 10, 2013 MandyM marked it as fantasy-to-read
Shelves: fantasy
I love this rant from a fellow reader's review: "I promise you this Mr. George Arr Arr Martin, if you have the audacity to die before you finish this series, I will wait patiently until I die as well, all the while plotting my revenge, then I will suck your spirit down into an abyss filled with thousands and thousand of clones of Kathy Bates with sledge hammers and Dr. Quinn Medicine Women. They will all stand in line, each waiting for their chance to break every bone in your body and then heal...more
Joey
Sep 16, 2012 Joey marked it as to-read
2020?! Why did I ever start this series
Sharyn
Jan 02, 2013 Sharyn marked it as to-read
How can it have 4 1/2 stars when it hasn't been WRITTEN yet?
Kevin Xu
Aug 01, 2011 Kevin Xu marked it as to-read
When this comes out, it will feel like a season has passed in the books.
Olivia
Sep 05, 2012 Olivia marked it as to-read
Oh my god. How devastated would I be if he died before he was finished with this. Like I would cry myself to sleep.
Scarlett
Jun 27, 2013 Scarlett marked it as to-read
Life goal: live longer than my favorite characters or at least until the series are finished.
Amanda
Dec 21, 2012 Amanda marked it as to-read
Good lord. I was 15 when the first book in this series was released and I will be almost 40 when the last one is released?? I was planning on reading Game of Thrones in January but do I really want to start this? I will definitely end up having to read them all over again!
Dragon Reborn
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east...
Dan Schwent
May 03, 2013 Dan Schwent marked it as will-preorder-when-i-can
Will I be teleporting to pick this one up or just getting it beamed directly into my head?
Victoria
Jun 12, 2013 Victoria marked it as to-read
Seven hells!!! Expected publication of 2019?!

Ok, so it's better than 2020... But at this rate the TV series will be finished before the books they're based off of
Nermin
I'm almost happy that the expected publication date is set for 2019. Somehow, I don't trust GRRM to finish two huge books in 6 years. I imagine myself, almost 30 then, god knows where and doing what, waiting for this book to come out. It would be really funny if it wasn't so sad:(
Emily
Dec 24, 2012 Emily marked it as to-read
2020..DAFUQ? I'll have graduated college by then and probably have a career...Actually, my main concern is that he might die before he finishes the series...
WhyYesIYA/Bebe
May 25, 2013 WhyYesIYA/Bebe marked it as to-read
Please release this book BEFORE you kick the bucket

P.S. Loved the old title
Lisa
Jun 24, 2013 Lisa marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
He might die before it comes out..
Neha
Jul 07, 2013 Neha marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, adult
At the rate Ser George is writing this I hope I am around while this actually sees the light of the day and hopefully not struck with a case of alzheimer's else all the years of my labor of reading the mammoth monstrosities that are the prequels to the final chapter of this series will have become a waste, since even if I manage to get my hands on this one I won't be able to make the head or tails of it.

Not to mention the fact, I hope Ser George at least lets a few of my favorite characters mak...more
Nicolette
Damn. I'll be in my mid-late 30s when this comes out. Wow. And to think I thought I had it easy by diving in at book #5. Will GoodReads even be around then? ha.
Jonathan
May 28, 2013 Jonathan marked it as to-read
Expected publication: 2019? Woah. I will be at a totally different point of my life when I finish this series....
Braiden
Mar 09, 2013 Braiden marked it as to-read
2020? Hah! Good luck, George Martin, good luck. What may happen in 7 years time? We'll just have to see.
Jack
Nov 21, 2012 Jack marked it as to-read
...I will be 24 when this book is released *sobs*
Laineyskye
Oct 20, 2013 Laineyskye marked it as to-read
I started this series 15 years ago, and have to wait another 6 to finish it. That is 21 years to read 7 books. Good pace.
They better start breaking each book into 2-3 seasons of the show, else what are they going to do after filming the 5th book?
Autumn Iris
Jul 23, 2014 Autumn Iris marked it as book-list
"The seventh and apparent final book of George R. R. Martin's acclaimed series, A Song of Ice and Fire." But there is a possible book 8 now listed....

Sarah Truelove
Mar 24, 2011 Sarah Truelove marked it as to-read
I'll just state that I'm not holding my breath on #6 so infer from that what you will...
Sabrina
Feb 01, 2012 Sabrina marked it as to-read
It says 'published' at the top?..
Sara Brown
Jul 07, 2012 Sara Brown marked it as to-read
hoping to get this book by my 40th birthday, for the record just celebrated my 32nd back in May. probably shouldnt hold my breath!
Zero vi Britannia
Karolina
Oct 08, 2012 Karolina marked it as wishlist
2020??? *dies*
Elic
The first half was okay, but I was completely blown away by the end! Totally unexpected - blew my mind. Can't wait for Book 8!!!

- Dan Ehrlich
how old will you be when the book comes out haha 4 17 13 hours, 44 min ago
Rating Before Publication 4 100 Feb 27, 2014 06:15AM
Ending theory? 2 46 Feb 27, 2014 06:13AM
Goodreads Librari...: Not yet published 4 67 Sep 03, 2012 12:26PM
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • The Ministry of Necessity (Gentleman Bastard, #5)
  • Night Study (Study, #5)
  • The Blood Mirror (Lightbringer, #4)
  • Untitled (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • The Core (Demon Cycle, #5)
  • Untitled (Talon, #5)
  • Heartless (Mirrorworld, #3)
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

Martin attended Mary Jane Donohoe School and Marist High School. He began writing very young, selling monster stories to other neighborhood children for pennies,...more
More about George R.R. Martin...
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)