Start by marking “A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Dream of Spring

George R.R. Martin

A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire #7)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  510 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Originally titled "A Time For Wolves". The seventh and apparent final book of George R. R. Martin's acclaimed series, A Song of Ice and Fire.
Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about A Dream of Spring, please sign up.

Linus I'm sorry, but he does not NEED to do anything. He is not obligated to finish this series just because thousands of loud fans scream for him to write…moreI'm sorry, but he does not NEED to do anything. He is not obligated to finish this series just because thousands of loud fans scream for him to write faster. Reminding him of his age and health is quite rude. His books should not be a product of our greed. I wouldn't want anyone else to write his books for him, and I would wait however long it takes. (less)
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. MartinThe Soul by Stephenie Meyer
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
4th out of 571 books — 6,723 voters
Untitled by Sarah J. MaasChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareUntitled by Sarah J. MaasUntitled by Cassandra ClareThe Seeker by Stephenie Meyer
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE COVER!!!
10th out of 244 books — 1,128 voters

More lists with this book...

Junkie for the Written Word
10/14/12 I'm just going to go ahead and assume that my daughter, who was negative 7 when A Game of Thrones came out, will be sexually active and possibly married with children by the time this book is released. Just call me Granny.

Mandapanda
Aug 10, 2013 Mandapanda marked it as fantasy-to-read
Shelves: fantasy
I love this rant from a fellow reader's review: "I promise you this Mr. George Arr Arr Martin, if you have the audacity to die before you finish this series, I will wait patiently until I die as well, all the while plotting my revenge, then I will suck your spirit down into an abyss filled with thousands and thousand of clones of Kathy Bates with sledge hammers and Dr. Quinn Medicine Women. They will all stand in line, each waiting for their chance to break every bone in your body and then heal ...more
Mohammed Arabey
Mar 22, 2015 Mohammed Arabey marked it as for-consideration

Dear George R.R. Martin, King of the Seven Kingdoms & beyond.
For the Seven Gods sake make it Se7en & no more please. We wish to read an ending in our current life..just This One..

It's Better saying "Why he ended the series in Seven" than "Why he kept the series going that far"

And you can kill Every remaining character in the next 2 ,you're doing that already ,we know

I've just started book one and it's awesome, fast thrilling and in perfect pace so far, and I know that what's next is bi
Dan Schwent
May 03, 2013 Dan Schwent marked it as will-preorder-when-i-can
Will I be teleporting to pick this one up or just getting it beamed directly into my head?
Sharyn
Jan 02, 2013 Sharyn marked it as to-read
How can it have 4 1/2 stars when it hasn't been WRITTEN yet?
Dragon Reborn
Mar 16, 2014 Dragon Reborn rated it it was amazing
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east...
Joey
Sep 16, 2012 Joey marked it as to-read
2020?! Why did I ever start this series
Scarlett
Jun 27, 2013 Scarlett marked it as to-read
Life goal: live longer than my favorite characters or at least until the series are finished.
Jenn
Mar 23, 2016 Jenn marked it as to-read
Why the heck does this have ratings already?
description

He probably hasn't even written the book yet.
Kevin Xu
Aug 01, 2011 Kevin Xu marked it as to-read
When this comes out, it will feel like a season has passed in the books.
Olivia
Sep 05, 2012 Olivia marked it as to-read
Oh my god. How devastated would I be if he died before he was finished with this. Like I would cry myself to sleep.
Amanda
Dec 21, 2012 Amanda marked it as to-read
Good lord. I was 15 when the first book in this series was released and I will be almost 40 when the last one is released?? I was planning on reading Game of Thrones in January but do I really want to start this? I will definitely end up having to read them all over again!
Victoria
Jun 12, 2013 Victoria marked it as to-read
Seven hells!!! Expected publication of 2019?!

Ok, so it's better than 2020... But at this rate the TV series will be finished before the books they're based off of
Nermin
I'm almost happy that the expected publication date is set for 2019. Somehow, I don't trust GRRM to finish two huge books in 6 years. I imagine myself, almost 30 then, god knows where and doing what, waiting for this book to come out. It would be really funny if it wasn't so sad:(
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Apr 04, 2016 Belinda (TheBookBuddies) marked it as to-read
HOW DOES THIS HAVE A COVER WHEN WINDS OF WINTER ISN'T EVEN OUT YET????
WhyYesIYA/Bebe
May 25, 2013 WhyYesIYA/Bebe marked it as to-read
Please release this book BEFORE you kick the bucket

P.S. Loved the old title
Ahmad Sharabiani
Oct 31, 2015 Ahmad Sharabiani marked it as to-read
Shelves: 21th-century
A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire #7), George R.R. Martin
Sifra (brilliant bookshelf)
Feb 14, 2015 Sifra (brilliant bookshelf) marked it as to-read
Shelves: want-to-own
The original title a Time for Wolves makes me so hopeful that a Stark will end up on the throne! Please please please George R.R. Martin live until the last book is published. I don't think I'll survive if the series has no conclusion/ending :O
Lisa (lisareadsall)
Jun 24, 2013 Lisa (lisareadsall) marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
He might die before it comes out..
Emily Cheng
Dec 24, 2012 Emily Cheng marked it as to-read
2020..DAFUQ? I'll have graduated college by then and probably have a career...Actually, my main concern is that he might die before he finishes the series...
Sheryl
Mar 25, 2016 Sheryl added it
George RR Martin...Love the rant below. I'm over the books. I'll finish with the HBO series. He's not getting another nickel from me.
-Bookish Gal-
Jul 07, 2013 -Bookish Gal- marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, adult
At the rate Ser George is writing this I hope I am around while this actually sees the light of the day and hopefully not struck with a case of alzheimer's else all the years of my labor of reading the mammoth monstrosities that are the prequels to the final chapter of this series will have become a waste, since even if I manage to get my hands on this one I won't be able to make the head or tails of it.

Not to mention the fact, I hope Ser George at least lets a few of my favorite characters mak
Lubna
Apr 02, 2015 Lubna marked it as to-read
Shall the day ever come for this book to be published, I shall add it to my TBR just in case
Nicolette
Damn. I'll be in my mid-late 30s when this comes out. Wow. And to think I thought I had it easy by diving in at book #5. Will GoodReads even be around then? ha.
Jonathan
May 28, 2013 Jonathan marked it as to-read
Expected publication: 2019? Woah. I will be at a totally different point of my life when I finish this series....
Braiden
Mar 09, 2013 Braiden marked it as to-read
2020? Hah! Good luck, George Martin, good luck. What may happen in 7 years time? We'll just have to see.
Jack
Nov 21, 2012 Jack marked it as to-read
...I will be 24 when this book is released *sobs*
Mikaela
Jun 23, 2015 Mikaela marked it as to-read
"Apparently final". C'mon. Who are we kidding. We'll be lucky if this series stretches through 11 books, let alone 7.

Then again, maybe by the end of this book he'll have killed off so many characters that there aren't enough people left to talk about in the next one.
Aurora
Apr 11, 2015 Aurora marked it as to-read
I have no idea when this book will be out—safe to say, I might be 35 by the time it actually does—but I will read it nonetheless.
how old will you be when the book comes out haha 5 51 Feb 25, 2016 09:08AM
I guess it won't be a very long winter! 1 23 Jan 07, 2015 10:22AM
Rating Before Publication 4 119 Feb 27, 2014 06:15AM
Ending theory? 2 69 Feb 27, 2014 06:13AM
Goodreads Librari...: Not yet published 4 67 Sep 03, 2012 12:26PM
  • Inherit the Night (Gentleman Bastard, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • The Core (Demon Cycle, #5)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3)
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
  • Untitled (Kate Daniels, #10)
  • Untitled (Untitled, #2)
  • Untitled (Spirit and Thieves #3)
  • The Song Rising (The Bone Season, #3)
  • Untitled (Fever, #10)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Successor’s Son (Millennium’s Rule, #3)
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

More about George R.R. Martin...

A Song of Ice and Fire (7 books)
  • A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
  • A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)