Start by marking “How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Imagine uncovering the truth of who you are and loving it fully " living moment-to-moment completely fulfilled" remaining calm and steady while facing challenging situations. You can learn to do all this and more with the wisdom and healing energy held in the Akashic Recordsan energetic archive of every soul's history and its future possibilities. Once accessible only to s ...more
Published April 28th 2009 by Sounds True (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about How to Read the Akashic Records, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Read the Akashic Records

Iona  Stewart
The Akashic Records are ”a dimension of consciousness that contains a vibrational record of every soul and its journey”. This body of knowledge contains everything that every soul has ever thought, said and done over the course of its existence.

In this book we are guided to easily access these records both for ourselves and others. We can ask questions and be healed/heal our clients, We use the Pathway Prayer Process, which is part of the “sacred prayer” tradition, to access the Records.

I have n
Monty
I rated this book with four stars with some reservations. Basically the book is well-organized and clearly written. The author outlines what the Akashic records are all about and how they can be used for oneself as well for others. She describes a well-integrated schema for healing. I think that the companion CD set (if you don't take the course from the author at http://www.akashicstudies.com/) would be a useful way to begin learning to access and use the Akasha. Ordinarily I would follow her d ...more
Lia
I don't even know where to begin. There was so much that was wrong with this book. This has nothing to do with Akashic Records, and is just fluffy, dressed up intuition play (despite its weak protestations) with sides of emotional manipulation (if you're reading this book, it's because the Lords of the Records called you, "collect, long distance" and you accepted the charge) and arbitrary rules ("It's also fun to... listen to music with your Records open. Just make sure that the music is somethi ...more
Sally
Well meaning, but I don't believe this connects people with a "divine" or "universal" level of consciousness or "akashic records," as claimed. It reminds me of a statement by St. John of the Cross:
. . . I am appalled at what happens in these days -- namely, when some soul with the very smallest experience of meditation, if it be conscious of certain locutions of this kind in some state of recollection, at once christens them all as coming from God, and assumes that this is the case, saying: "God
S. Harrell
As a hypnotherapist and shamanic teacher and student I had high hopes for the presentation of this material. In this New Age of techniques and energies coming into the planet, the myriad information about the Akashic Records can be confusing to novices and even veteran students. I went into this book excitedly seeking a different approach to the Records. While Howe clearly demonstrates her own experiences using the Records for herself and others, I remain unconvinced that this is a solid text fo ...more
Betsy
I haven't done the exercises yet, or said the prayer so I don't know if this works just from reading a book. I'll try though. The one thing I don't like is all the talk of Gd. If she used Source or Creator it would make it more palatable for me. I do appreciate the sharing of information.
Andy Grant
I took the corresponding live class to learn how to read the Records, but reading this book was a great benefit too. Linda is a fantastic teacher and her Pathway Prayer Process has always worked like a charm for me.
Verona J Winn
Akashic Records

I chose this rating because you asked for a review before, you would let me read the book. I decided to read because I read other reviews that intrigued me.
Michael Theroux
If you have an interest in the Akashic records this book is a great first step. Once you have read the book your feelings will guide you into knowing what to do next.
Debra
My first read on the subject. A good introductory primer perhaps but I have yet to make an emotional or spiritual connection. Need to investigate further.
Marcia Noren
The first book I've read on this specific topic; I followed the precise directions recommended by the author and her method did work for me. There are too many autobiographical anecdotes peppered throughout the text, but I plan to investigate the Records through other resources, and am glad that this book came to me as a gift from a good friend. Would recommend it as a "primer" for those with experience in the discipline of meditation.
Keisha
I loved it, full of information and hope. I can't wait to start my journey.
Jan
First off, the writing in this book is quite clear and easy to follow--that what it has going for it--so if you are interested in the Akasha then you might give it a try...from there you just need to figure out if you feel comfortable following Linda Howe's Pathway Prayer. That's what I have to figure out for myself at this junction.
Laurie
Going into the Akashic records is fascinating. It gives me a different perspective on what is happening in my life.

Listening to this audio book is a first step for me. I am listening to her second book about healing in the Akashic records. There is a whole world in there and I am excited to continue to learn more about it.
Rena Sherwood
"No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney." (Bloom County)

One of the books that made me realize that there are no gods, no goddesses, no life after death and no "magick." Now I'm an atheist. Seriously -- how can anyone with an ounce of common sense believe this stuff?
Natasha Argan
Not the most engaging or best written book I've read, but the information it shares is invaluable. A self- empowering book that accomplishes what it sets out to do.
Much appreciation to Linda Howe for sharing this information :)
Judith
Intriguing. Off the wall. Access to the Book of Life to help guide our choices? Why not? So many things are there only for the asking. My first try at it was VERY interesting!
Dean Miller
Interesting read. Straight forward in its explanations, instructions and simplicity. Will be going back through it again to capture more of the instructional phases of the book.
Mary
A sort of holistic healing technique for understanding oneself and others. A bit of fluff, I expected something more substantial,it was light but well written.
Maria (Ri)
Wow. I didn't really know what to expect when I checked this out of the library. I'm glad I found it - or it found me - right at the right time!
Sammy Sutton
Well written, an interesting account of the sometimes mysterious Akashic Records. Nice spiritual as well as research source.
Heidi
Jul 18, 2011 Heidi marked it as to-read
I will get back to this one during a more introspective time in my life. Too much on my plate at the moment!
Leslee
interesting, a little "out there" and a bit preachy
Jewelz
It's very interesting and I believe I found my calling...
Rachel
There are better books on this subject
Cherise Rayle
Cherise Rayle marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Jacqui Boardman
Jacqui Boardman marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Dave Zebian
Dave Zebian marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
  • Advanced Energy Anatomy
  • Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose: A Channeled Guide to Why You Are Here
  • Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)
  • They Walked with Jesus
  • Edgar Cayce on the Akashic Records
  • The Bookseller
  • After This: When Life Is Over, Where Do We Go?
  • Super Rich : A Guide to having it all
  • You 2: A High Velocity Formula for Multiplying Your Personal Effectiveness in Quantum Leaps
  • Innovation You: Four Steps to Becoming New and Improved
  • The Intuitive Way: A Guide to Living from Inner Wisdom
  • Awakening to the Spirit World: The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation
  • Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
  • Be the Monkey: A Conversation About the New World of Publishing Between Authors Barry Eisler and Joe Konrath
  • Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
  • How to Uncover Your Past Lives
  • It's Not About the Coffee: Leadership Principles from a Life at Starbucks
  • از دولت عشق
Healing Through the Akashic Records: Using the Power of Your Sacred Wounds to Discover Your Soul's Perfection Healing Through the Akashic Records: Using the Power of Your Sacred Wounds to Discover Your Soul's Perfection Healing Through the Akashic Records: Discovering Your Soul's Perfection Discover Your Soul’s Path Through the Akashic Records: Taking Your Life from Ordinary to ExtraOrdinary Discover Your Soul's Path Through the Akashic Records: Taking Your Life from Ordinary to ExtraOrdinary

“The idea of the human experience is to become in the physical the perfect self that already exists in the Akasha at the soul level.” 0 likes