Start by marking “The Lost Key: A Mystery with Whole Numbers” as Want to Read:
The Lost Key: A Mystery with Whole Numbers

The Lost Key: A Mystery with Whole Numbers

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  8 reviews
At Sifu Faizas Kung Fu School, kids learn to be strong and fast. They also learn to be smart, cool-headed, and honest. So Joy, Adam, Sam, and Amy are surprised when the key to the school is stolenas well as all their kung fu gear. Now theyll have to use all kinds of calculationsaddition, subtraction, multiplication, and divisionto figure out the clues, follow the thieves, ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Graphic Universe

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Key

Alyssa Lehner
This was very short and simple, illustrating basic whole number mathematics. It's probably most appropriate for elementary students, although I will be keeping it in my classroom for those middle schoolers who still struggle with adding and subtracting whole numbers. For those who simply need a more entertaining text to capture their math interest, I will be checking out the rest of this series.
Picture Books
Jan 26, 2010 Picture Books marked it as to-read
Recommended to Picture Books by: Report from ALA conference
I chose this book for my Picture Books as Sequential Art class because as I was reading a post from the Good Comics for Kids blog (ALA: A random walk through the exhibit floor) I was putting different books on hold at the library to take a look at and I skipped over the mention of this series, quickly dismissing it. I thought something along the lines of "Oh, it's non-fiction and I don't like math or Manga, so it doesn't count." Doesn't count? Bias alert. Screech! Put on the brakes! I'm glad I r ...more
Amanda
I read this book because in class we had to read a graphic novel. At first I thought I would hate graphic novels because they are a book genre. I also thought it wouldn't be an interesting read, however I was wrong. This book was interesting and made you think because it was a mystery. I suggest this book to all ages because it is a very easy read.
Hillary
I really enjoyed this graphic novel math adventure. When students from a nearby soccer team break into the Kung Fu school, it is up to the students to use their problem solving skills to find their gear and make sure they have all of it.
Brian
Jul 14, 2014 Brian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Middle School
Shelves: oblock
I teach reading and math and so I loved being able to do some reading in my math classes and was further encouraged that (being a graphic novel) the kids were just as enthusiastic about it - most of them at least.
Mrs.
Another graphic novel about bullies. The graphics are good and the story follows along well. Interwoven are math concepts of whole numbers. This book would be suitable for elementary students.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
It is about two kids that steal a key, and kids who try to get it back. J.S.
Snow
read for NoveList recommended reading lists
Basem.android
Basem.android marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Bani Telaumbanua
Bani Telaumbanua marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
George
George added it
Apr 24, 2014
Jimbob
Jimbob marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Oct 21, 2013
Nayan
Nayan marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Brigid
Brigid marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2011
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2011
The Kung Fu Puzzle: A Mystery with Time and Temperature The Hundred-Dollar Robber: A Mystery with Money The Secret Ghost: A Mystery with Distance and Measurement 6 the Fishy Fountain: A Mystery with Multiplication and Division The Ancient Formula: A Mystery with Fractions