Start by marking “The Unlacing of Miss Leigh” as Want to Read:
The Unlacing of Miss Leigh

The Unlacing of Miss Leigh

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Disfigured in battle against Napoleon's forces, Captain Graham Veall has become a recluse, spending months alone on his estate and appearing masked in public. Yet Graham is determined not to forgo life's pleasures forever...especially the delight of a woman's touch.

He hardly expects virginal Miss Margaret Leigh to respond to his advertisement for female company, thinking h
Published April 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Unlacing of Miss Leigh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unlacing of Miss Leigh

Erika
4 stars for what can been achieved in this length novella

This was a sweet and sexy 45 minute read. You can find it on scribd in an anthology called Pleasurably Undone!
Sonya
Short be very sweet
Soyanut
Very satisfying. Everything you can hope to find in a love story. Thanks Diane. This is fourth book from Diane Gaston that I read and all are instant favorites of mine. She delivers characters that you can relate to and storyline that is believable. I am going to read all her books!
Melindacee
Featuring my favourite trope of a disfigured, reclusive hero, this was a lovely story that desperately needed to be a little bit longer to further develop the two leads...a nice read that felt a little too rushed!
Fiona Marsden
This is a lovely little story of a romance between a scarred veteran of the Napoleonic wars and a Vicars virginal daughter. A cross between the Phantom of the Opera and Beauty and the Beast, it tells the story of Margaret and Graham, who met once as children.

I really enjoyed this short, not overly steamy read. I loved the hero and the heroine was charming. Very enjoyable with a sweet ending.
Jacquelyn Smith
Captain Gaston was disfigured in Napoleon's forces, so he kept to his self, unless it was to find the pleasure of a woman.

He advertisted for female company Margaret resposded to his request. Why?

But Margaret has her own secret.

Will the two be able reach an agreement?

This was a good read with a good story line, but it was too short.
Dawn-Desiree
It seemed like a draft for a story vs a actually story. There was not enough building of characters or plot line. There was a great deal more that could have been done to build on the idea of this story, rather disappointed that it was a short story,
Ellie
This reminded me of a warped version of fantom of the opera. I say "warped" because other than the mask thing, it's nothing like phantom of the opera ... yet the songs were playing in my head as a soundtrack to this read.
Joanne
I loved this touching story. It was a well written quick read, beauty and the beast type tale. The heroine sees the beauty beyond the ugliness.
vra
too short of a story i'd say. read this if u want to preoccupy yourself on a 1 or 2-hour journey.
Portia Costa
A lovely, touching story. I adore it when wounded heroes find true love.
Amber
Pretty good romance. I loved that the heroine was "in-charge," yet likeable.
Jen
I loved this romance combined two of my favourite genres historical and erotic
Karen Darling
I love the fact that he is scarred but she has loved him for most of her life.
❆ Crystal ❆
5 stars. I very much loved this book. I would recommend this book.
Ruth
What a lovely little story! Well-written and succinct. Loved it.
Lauren
This was a really sweet quick read. Enjoy it!
Elaine
A surprisingly good read.
Ann
Ann added it
Jul 18, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
May 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • The Short and Fascinating Tale of Angelina Whitcombe
  • Tapestry
  • Love Me Forever (Scottish Duo, #2)
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • The Admiral's Penniless Bride
  • Someone to Love
  • Healing Luke
  • Lilies in Moonlight
  • Taming The Beast (Wife Inc., #3)
  • Touched by Fire
  • A Scoundrel by Moonlight (Sons of Sin, #4)
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • The Sergeant's Lady (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #2)
  • Capturing the Silken Thief
  • In the Heart of the Highlander (Ladies Unlaced, #2)
  • Knight of Pleasure
  • The Dressmaker's Duke
Diane Gaston’s dream job had always been to write romance novels. One day she decided to pursue that dream and has never looked back; she is now writing full-time. Her books have won Romance’s highest honour—the RITA Award, the National Readers Choice Award and the Golden Heart. She lives in Virginia with her husband and three very ordinary house cats. Diane loves to hear from readers and friends.
More about Diane Gaston...
The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor: Justine and the Noble Viscount \ Annalise and the Scandalous Rake \ Charlotte and the Wicked Lord (Harlequin Historical) The Mysterious Miss M A Reputable Rake Born to Scandal Scandalizing The Ton