Start by marking “Corsair” as Want to Read:
Corsair

Corsair

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The once-popular pirate-adventure genre has experienced something of a downturn since the heyday of Rafael Sabatini and Errol Flynn. Chris Bunch ends the slump with the swashbuckling fantasy Corsair, a coming-of-age novel about Gareth Radnor, an honorable young man who goes to sea after Linyati slavers kill his parents. When Gareth finds himself serving aboard a Sarosian s ...more
Published (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Corsair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corsair

♥Xeni♥
Okay, so this book actually wasn't that bad. I read it pretty quickly (four days, and I really had no time). The action moves forward really fast... at times I was wishing for more filler: more details or descriptions etc.

Otherwise, the characters were pretty interesting. Kind of flat, but that was due to the author trying to pack so much action into the book. (If the book was written with more details, I'm sure it would have surpassed 1000 pages).

The plot was really really really good. Like r
Brian Turner
After their families had been killed or captured by Slavers, three friends find themselves a-pirating on the high seas.

A decent fantasy novel with some interesting twists, and good characters you find yourself rooting for as they go on their adventures.

Debbie
I didn't much care for Bunch's writing style. I also had some issues with the plot and it's clicheness at times. The pirate's life was definitely glorified and Gareth seemed to have too many modern sensibilities in a world based off of medieval times. It was a fast read, though. The ending was not satisfying at all since the Linyati slavers were still around and on the brink of war with Gareth's people, and there is no sequel out as of yet, planned as near as I can tell.
Darth Fierce
description

Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5.

A page-turner of enjoyable characters, sea voyages, pirates, magic, and good vs. evil.

description
Pmhagerty
Ok, so I gave up on this one. Took too damn long to get to the point. If I'm close to 100 pages into a 300pg book and it hasn't gotten to the main plot yet, too damn slow. Buh-bye.
Adam
This is one of my favorite books. The action is constant, the conflict develops nicely, and the characters are enjoyable
Barry

Cliched swashbuckling nautical fantasy. Some exciting parts, some slow parts. Ok read
Jill
Quick read. Mostly entertaining. Ending was completely awful - no closure whatsoever.
Caroline
Semi-decent swashbuckler fantasy about a man who becomes a pirate for revenge.
Antonio
A GREAT FANTASY NOVEL.
Karl
Solid heroic fantasy.
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
G-E
G-E marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Adele
Adele added it
Aug 29, 2014
Todd Neblett
Todd Neblett marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Aerina
Aerina marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Eyes of Silver
  • The Cursed Land (Magic: The Gathering)
  • Child of Saturn (The Green Lion Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Patriots
  • The Bastard King (Scepter of Mercy #1)
  • Wisdom of the Fox (Gerin the Fox, #2-3)
  • 1635: Cannon Law (Assiti Shards, #7)
  • And All Between (Green Sky, #2)
  • In the Rift (Glenraven, Book 2)
  • Whispering Woods (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #1)
  • Luck of the Wheels (Windsingers, #4)
  • The Steerswoman (The Steerswoman, #1)
  • Silver Wolf, Black Falcon
  • A Multitude Of Monsters (The Ebenezum Trilogy, #2)
  • Dolphin Island
  • Fast Ships, Black Sails
  • The Isle of Glass (The Hound and the Falcon, #1)
  • Arena (Magic: The Gathering)
Christopher R. "Chris" Bunch was an American science fiction, fantasy and television writer, who wrote and co-wrote about thirty novels.

Born in Fresno, California, he collaborated with Allan Cole on a series of books involving a hero named Sten in a galactic empire. (Cole married Bunch's sister, Kathryn.) He served in Vietnam as a patrol commander. He also wrote for Rolling Stone and was a corresp
More about Chris Bunch...
Sten (Sten, #1) The Wolf Worlds (Sten, #2) The Court of a Thousand Suns (Sten, #3) Empire's End (Sten, #8) Fleet of the Damned (Sten, #4)