Start by marking “His Forever Love” as Want to Read:
His Forever Love

His Forever Love (The Forever Tree #1)

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
In Magnolia, Georgia, local legend says that a couple who holds hands around the "forever" tree will have an unending love. Even so, Bill Wellington held Lindsay Jones's hands around that tree years ago...and then left her behind. He chose the big city, and now he wants to bring his grandmother there. But to his amazement, he finds that Granny has a boyfriend--and a vibran ...more
Published June 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill (first published May 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about His Forever Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Forever Love

Sheila
Jul 23, 2009 Sheila rated it really liked it
This book has a lovely, dreamy, summery cover. I had no idea that Georgia could be so pretty—of course I’ve never been there. And the story has a lovely summery feel, so I’m really grateful to the Novel Journey blog for sending me a free copy and giving me the chance to read it.

The story starts with a local legend, that couples who hold hands round the Forever Tree will forever love each other. It sounded sweet, though I at once began to think of a science experiment I supervised when my kids we
Gabrielle
Jun 10, 2014 Gabrielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Such a cute story about the forever tree. Supposedly, if you hold hands around it you will be together forever. Not in the case of Bill and Lindsay anyway. Fate just might bring them together after all, or is it the tree. A funny lighthearted romance sure to win anyone over with its charm.
Deanne
Mar 07, 2016 Deanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
What an adorable story and I loved the ending. Looking forward to reading more by this author!
Melissa
Jul 14, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story about Bill and Lindsay. They have been good friends since grade school, where they did a project together about some trees in a local park.
One of the trees is called "The Forever Tree", there is a local legend about this tree. Bill and Lindsay are aware of the legend, but dont think that it applies to them...
I also enjoyed Bill's grandmother in this story, she is so sweet!

This is really a sweet love story!
Jessica
Apr 07, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it
It was a pretty cute story. I was happy about the ending! Although I wish there was a little bit more to the ending. Overall it was a really cute book though.
Cynthia Bower
Jan 23, 2016 Cynthia Bower rated it it was ok
I liked the book ok. The Christian viewpoint was refreshing to me. The topic was nice and I liked the inclusion of senior citizens and the concerns from all sides. I guess I'm just not into the way romance books drag things out and repeat quotes and thoughts as in Twilight. I feel like I am intelligient enough to not need to be told something over and over again. Sorry about my way of saying that but I guess there is a reason that I don't usually read romance.
Katieailene
Apr 25, 2011 Katieailene rated it did not like it
This was a book lent to my by my grandmother. I often share some of the not-so-graphic mystery books with her, and she insisted that I would like it. While I claimed that I thought it was a good book, it was not something I particularly enjoyed. This is a story about an old story that says if you hold hands around this tree with somebody, then you will have a happily ever after with that person. The story is of two people who once held hands around the tree and then had a falling out when he lef ...more
Joy Gerbode
Mar 19, 2014 Joy Gerbode rated it really liked it
Simple, quick read ... a fun romance with spiritual truths. Completely enjoyable.
Mariann James
Sep 14, 2014 Mariann James rated it it was amazing
It was amazing
SweetSue
Apr 21, 2016 SweetSue rated it did not like it
Oh ugh, I have to stop reading books I don't like. Lindsay is annoying and pushy. Amazing that as a so-called Christian she thought she had any right to interfere between grandmother and grandson and then be so sneaky and backhanded about it. And that she expected a boy she'd been friends with in high school could possibly "desert" her when he went away to college and she was engaged to someone else. And then nurse a grudge about it for 15 years!
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 Phyllis Swain rated it really liked it
Lindsay must choose between Magnolia, GA or Boston.
Ann
Dec 14, 2009 Ann rated it really liked it
Missy Tippens is always great! I really like the Love Inspired series by various authors...always learn something from how the characters resolve problems and love the happy endings, of course...easy reading.
JoAnne
Nov 04, 2012 JoAnne rated it liked it
Cute story - inspirational romance - not too heavy on the religious quotes until towards the end. Nice closure, several happily ever afters.
Amber
Jan 11, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
I read this after reading The Wedding Garden, which is by a different author, but they kindof had the same theme. I liked it anyway.
Lindi Peterson
Jul 10, 2011 Lindi Peterson rated it it was amazing
Bill and Lindsay are meant to be together. Formerly geeky Bill and cautious Lindsey have a past-and a future. Great story!!
Veronica
Sep 22, 2011 Veronica rated it did not like it
This book was really disappointing. It was good until the last few chapters and then it got too sappy.
Edwina Cowgill
Jun 23, 2010 Edwina Cowgill rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read; sweet love story with believable characters the reader can't help but like!
Olean Public Library
Aug 20, 2010 Olean Public Library rated it really liked it
-This is a very inspirational romance and is enjoyable to read.
Maristyl Villacampa
it's the best ever!
I really love it
Nina
Apr 09, 2011 Nina rated it liked it
good, but drawn out,
Angie
Feb 20, 2013 Angie added it
I enjoyed this nice story!
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Victoria Willis
Victoria Willis marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Paula-O
Paula-O marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Sharon Richmond  Bryant
Sharon Richmond Bryant marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Deon
Deon marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Daughter for Christmas
  • Butterfly Summer
  • Rainbow's End
  • Klondike Hero (Alaskan Bride Rush, #1)
  • Marrying Minister Right
  • Restless Hearts (The Flanagans, #6)
  • Child of Mine (Rosewood, Texas, #2)
  • Prodigal Daughter
  • Finding Her Way Home (Redemption River, #1)
  • Healing the Boss's Heart
  • A Soldier's Reunion
  • And Baby Makes Five (Mule Hollow, #2)
  • At Home in Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #9)
  • Any Man of Mine
  • Homecoming at Hickory Ridge (Hickory Ridge, #5)
I live in Georgia with my wonderful, supportive, pastor husband (my very own real life hero even though he's not too handy around the house). We have three perfect children. Well, maybe not perfect, but they're loving and fun and are God's greatest blessings. To add chaos to the household, we have two dogs and a cat.

I was a stay-at-home mom for 16 years, writing for about 10 of those years. I own
More about Missy Tippens...

The Forever Tree (2 books)
  • A Forever Christmas