Start by marking “Love Is In The Mix: Making Meals Into Memories” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Love Is In The Mix: Ma...

Kate Gosselin

Love Is In The Mix: Making Meals Into Memories

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
If you enjoyed Multiple Blessings and Eight Little Faces, you won't want to miss this inside look at one of America's most famous close-knit families. Kate Gosselin shares recipes, traditions, photos, and more that will inspire you to make your family time more memorable and meaningful.
Published November 1st 2009 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Love Is In The Mix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Is In The Mix

Susan
Oct 17, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I planned to review "Love is in the Mix," as Kate’s publicist at her publisher had told me she would send me a copy. That never happened, and when I emailed the publicist again, she never responded. Sigh. I try not to be jaded when it comes to Kate Gosselin, but it’s hard. It really is.

I put the book on hold at the library and soon had my hands on a brand-new copy. It’s a nice looking book, full of big, colorful photos. It’s hardcover, and would be nicer if it had spiral binding (it will not lie
Maya Smart
Sometimes a book just beckons you. It calls you to pluck it from the shelves, even when what lies between the covers isn’t your slice of Brie. Months ago at Barnes & Noble, I glimpsed a pile of Kate Gosselin’s “Kate Gosselin's Love Is in the Mix: Making Meals into Memories with Family-Friendly Recipes, Tips and Traditions.” The glossy hard cover–designed to endure cooking splatters and grubby kids’ hands, I presume–reeled me in. I had to have it.

Seeing the reality TV starlet surrounded by he
Nicole
Mar 22, 2014 Nicole rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kate was such an evil witch in Jon & Kate + 8 that her tone throughout the book seems totally fake and phony. And I cringed at her suggestion of buying disposable takeout containers in bulk to use for her kids' lunches--not very environmental!

Two of her recipes were titled Mommy Applesauce and Jamie Broccoli--that seems very strange. Shouldn't it have been Mommy's Applesauce and Jamie's Broccoli??

The pictures were nice (the kids have grown so much!) and the recipes looked good and easy. Howe
Ivy
Mar 09, 2014 Ivy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was mostly hoping to get some good family friendly recipies out of this cookbook. There are some, but some are just silly...really maccaroni & cheese with tuna and frozen peas? This book just seems like another promotional opportunity for Kate. My biggest issue with the cookbook is that the photos don't match the recipies. If you are going to write a cookbook use photos of the recipies you wrote, not something close that presents better. I will try a recipie or two and probably throw a bra ...more
Marie
Jan 14, 2014 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfic, cookbook
My reaction to this cookbook was "meh." But I'm afraid I might be letting preconceptions mess with my final feelings. :/ I try not to let that happen, but let's be honest: it can happen to the best of us. My preconception was that the meals in this cookbook would be super easy, and/or have lots of dishes that could be prepped the night before. The woman has EIGHT KIDS. You know she can't be spending tons of time in the kitchen! But apparently she does. I tried one of her "family favorites" and w ...more
Janieh Hermann
Sep 24, 2013 Janieh Hermann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not actually buy this book, or even check it out of the library, but I did spend about 45 minutes during my dinner break at B&N looking through it and that was enough for me to figure out that this is not really a cookbook but simply a vehicle for Kate to put her and the kids out in the public eye once again. It is more like a family photo album with some bad recipes thrown in ... the writing is atrocious. I do think most 6th graders could write better (and I think I saw somewhere that ...more
Kary
Jul 07, 2014 Kary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of really great recipes that I would love to try. Loved all the photos of the cute kids, and I loved the tips and stories in the last chapter.
Tricia
Oct 12, 2014 Tricia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-my-kids
Eh, it's ok. Nothing new.
Renee
Apr 11, 2014 Renee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Recipes were fairly standard but enjoyed the family parts. I like that she's a hands on mom with 8.
Julia via Stylish in the Stacks
Recipes look easy and healthy and of course family-friendly. Her writing before each recipe, however, got a little repetitive. And for part of the "Traditions" section I kept thinking "who cares?" So to me the recipes were the best part.
Heidi Smith
Mar 07, 2014 Heidi Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook was very nicely done. Most of the recipes are familiar to me and are popular in my own home. I did enjoy seeing the pictures of the precious Gosselin children.
Kelly
Oct 16, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went to the store thinking I only wanted to look at this book, but now I think I want to own it! On my Amazon Wishlist, it goes! Hoping Santa will bring it for me.
Debbie
3.5 stars, I enjoyed this book n the pictures. The majority of the recipes must be adapted for
smaller families.
Kelsey Knox
Sep 24, 2013 Kelsey Knox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great recipes and suggestions for family traditions!
Mya
Mya marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Johanna
Johanna rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Ciera
Ciera rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2016
Kimberly G acosta
Kimberly G acosta marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Roz
Roz marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Shirley
Shirley rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Dalton Hall
Dalton Hall marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
heather poe
heather poe marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Cassidy
Cassidy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Alyssa Hall
Alyssa Hall rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Presenting...Tallulah
  • Animal E.R.
  • Hungry: What Eighty Ravenous Guys Taught Me about Life, Love, and the Power of Good Food
  • Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Just Desserts: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
  • Rodale's Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening: The Indispensable Green Resource for Every Gardener
  • Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: The Funky Finds in Flavortown: America's Classic Joints and Killer Comfort Food
  • We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook: A Mom and Daughter Dish about the Food That Delights Them and the Love That Binds Them
  • Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook
  • Birthday Girl
  • The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue
  • Week in a Day
  • Weelicious Lunches: Think Outside the Lunch Box with More Than 160 Happier Meals
  • Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children
  • Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet
  • Musings on Minutiae
  • Confessions of Super Mom
  • Steal the Menu: A Memoir of Forty Years in Food
  • Gluten-Free Girl Every Day
Katie "Kate" Irene Gosselin, née Kreider is an American television personality and author. She is best known for the reality show Jon & Kate Plus 8, which profiles her and her then-husband Jon Gosselin as they raise their atypical family consisting of sextuplets and twins.
More about Kate Gosselin...