Start by marking “(عودة الملك (سيد الخواتم, #3” as Want to Read:
(عودة الملك (سيد الخواتم, #3

(عودة الملك (سيد الخواتم, #3 (The Lord of the Rings #3)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  402,290 ratings  ·  4,947 reviews
Concluding the story begun in The Hobbit, this is the final part of Tolkien's epic masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings.

The armies of the Dark Lord are massing as his evil shadow spreads ever wider. Men, Dwarves, Elves and Ents unite forces to do battle agains the Dark. Meanwhile, Frodo and Sam struggle further into Mordor in their heroic quest to destroy the One Ring.

Imposs
Published January 2009 by نهضة مصر (first published 1954)

mark monday

a rousing climax to the most ravishing love story of the modern age. tempestuous, tormented Frodo at long last learns to accept the love of his lifemate - the loyal and submissive Samwise Gamgee, bottom-extraordinaire. this is truly a tale of love's labour hard-won, and at such a cost! but love conquers all in the end, and even bitter, militantly hetero villain Sauron cannot stand in the heart's path for too long. in this third book of the torrid trilogy, Frodo's love-hate relationship with
Stephen
***NEW LAWSUIT UPDATE BELOW (6-30-11)...Lone reviewer continues fight with corporate ASSCLOWNS powers in epic 1st Amendment battle royale.***

4.0 stars. FULL REVIEW (hopefully) to follow after resolution of the lawsuit* filed against this reviewer in the District Court of Narnia by, among others: 20th Century Fucks Fox, Lucasfilms, the Tolkien Estate and Robert Van Winkle (aka Vanilla AsshatIce) in order to prevent the release of an allegedly offensive but in reality just knee-slappingly funny PA
Jason Koivu
Ah, The Return of the King. The end of a sweeping epic, one which held me firmly in its grasp as a child and still holds a place in my heart as an adult.

Everything is in motion and actually coming to an end almost from the first page of this last book in the trilogy. Frodo is ever so close to completing his quest. Aragon, Gandalf and the others are nearly at the end of their rope. Indeed, the end is nigh!

But this is not a quick finish. Tolkien dragged things out. There is a mini-battle after th
K.D. Absolutely
Jun 15, 2012 K.D. Absolutely rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to K.D. by: 501 Must Read Books; 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (2006-2010); TFG100 Most Favorite Books; Time 100; Metalist 100 by Newsweek; Guardian's 100
What else can I say? I enjoyed all these three books included in
The Lord of the Rings

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien (5 STARS), The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) by J.R.R. Tolkien (5 STARS) and now
The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien(5 STARS).

It has the most tight interesting plot, memorable characters and universal unending theme: the triumph of good over evil. In fact, in the closing scene of the book, Frodo gives the book he wrote to Sam, the world's greatest gardener. The title of the book is The Downfall of the Lord of the Rings and the Return of the King. The "lord" refers to the evil king Sauron
Kane
A Review of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, by Sauron

[Oprah Winfrey voice-over]: We all remember him. Sauron, the displaced Lord of the Rings. Once feared by millions, Sauron has been living in relative squalor in what he prefers to remain an undisclosed location.

[Video shows unidentified heap of garbage behind a Wal-mart. In front stands a mailbox with the word "Nameless Enemy" printed on the front. The flag is down.]

[applause]

Oprah: Today, we'll be joined by someone that many of you kn
Liz
Is it even possible to review a legend? To write a review about a completely different and unique world?

It is not. It is just not possible.
Just imagine writing a review about our world, about all the countries and cities and cultures and all the wars. It would simply be too long and too difficult.

What I can say about this book is that the epic journey finally came to an end.
The Fellowship had to fight bloody, hopeless fights, it had to survive epic battles and it found friends where friends
J.G. Keely
Writers who inspire a genre are usually misunderstood. Tolkien's reasons for writing were completely unlike those of the authors he inspired. He didn't have an audience, a genre, and scores of contemporaries. There was a tradition of high adventure fairy tales, as represented by Eddison, Dunsany, Morris, MacDonald, Haggard, and Kipling, but this was only part of what inspired Tolkien.

His writing was chiefly influenced by his familiarity with the mythological traditions of the Norse and Welsh cul
Lyndz

Well, there really IS no greater compliment...
Laz
Jan 28, 2015 Laz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: epic/high fantasy lovers
“What do you fear, lady?", Aragorn asked.
"A cage,", Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”

Writing this review I have a wild hunger to re-read this series again just to get to feel that excitement and the rush of emotions that these books instill in me.

The epic conclussion to it all. The war. The great fight. The way it all ends. The sacrifice. The obsession. The act of overcoming the inredible.
Roly Chuter
I’m sure glad Stevie didn’t bother to read this one:
Sam and Frodo wake up in some swamp/heath/mountain pass
Frodo: We’re lost, oh its awful, I’m hungry, we only have 3 pieces of elfin bread left
Sam: Don’t worry Frodo I’m here for you, you have the bread
Sam and Frodo walk around a bit looking dirty and lost and miserable
Frodo: oh the ring, it’s so heavy, how will I cope?
Golem: Myyy presssciousss [and all that nonsense]
Sam: Don’t worry you have a nice sleep, things’ll look better in the morning you
Todd
To me, the whole point of reading the first two books of LOTR is to get to this one, because this is the truly masterful part of the story.

One thing I will say is that I really admire how the main heroes of the story, Frodo and Sam, are quite inconsequential in the classic tradition of heroes. They can't fight, they can't cast spells, they can't really do anything except persevere through extreme trial, all so that they can do what they promised to do, to do the right thing. Sam, in particular,
Denisse
Feb 18, 2015 Denisse rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any HIGH FANTASY fan. I mean REAL high fantasy fans
Recommended to Denisse by: the movie LOL
Everything that can be said about this has already been said. And yes, this book is by far one of the best things I’ve read, actually the trilogy in general is. A perfect conclusion, strong in its dialogues and confident in its story. Emotional, fast paced and intelligent.

photo tumblr_ngg4vgFWv21u5atmoo1_500_zps3e7mnsec.gif

¡un día de la espada, un día rojo, antes de que llegue el alba!

photo tumblr_neoxkaH62n1ru8yv8o3_500_zpsrtnh1wnk.gif

El trabajo de toda una vida concluye de manera perfecta. De verdad. El libro tiene una fluidez estupenda, a pesar de que cada personaje tiene su propósito part
Caris
How I Spent My Summer Vacation
by: Caris “The O’Malley” O’Malley

This summer was really good. I got to do a lot of neat things. The best part of the whole summer was that I got to spend it with my new best friend Johnny. Johnny is my friend because he’s smart and he tells good stories and his mustash tickles. The stories he tells are filled with creatures and adventures, so they’re really good.

Johnny is really serious about his stories. Sometimes he gets really detailed about little things and I h
Franco  Santos
Qué genialidad...

Excelente conclusión para la considerada por muchos la mejor saga de fantasía épica jamás escrita.

description

Me hace feliz que estés aquí conmigo. Aquí al final de todas las cosas, Sam.

Es mi favorito de la serie. Me resultó imposible soltar el libro.

No voy a decir mucho más, al igual que lo hice en la reseña de La Comunidad del Anillo. Ya saben lo que se habla y lo que se venera a El Señor de los Anillos. Sólo puedo decir que este tomo fue el mejor, a mi gusto. Triste, épico, con mucha a
Rob
Executive Summary: The final book offers a richer conclusion than the movie. Does that really surprise anyone?

Audio book: Robert Inglis once again does a great job with the audio. I particularly like his voices for Gandalf and Gollum. I will definitely revist this series in audio again.

Full Review
And once again I've finished the epic journey of Frodo and the ring. This is probably less of a review and more of a reflection and contrast with the movies. Needless to say I still enjoyed this book.
Tatiana
The more times I read The Lord of the Rings, the more I love it, and the more important it is for me. I first discovered it in college, starting with The Hobbit (which is my recommended starting point). I deeply love Tolkien, this world, this universe, the legends, the histories, the people, and the story. The Greeks said that everything was in Homer. If you studied Homer, all virtue and understanding, everything you needed to know was in there. I feel the same way about the Lord of the Rings.

Th
Lotz
In 1955, J.R.R. Tolkien wrote what was to become one of the defining texts of the political thriller genre. The Return of the King is a book so full to the brim with intrigue and machinations, that the reader is, more often than not, lost in a sea of lies. Tolkien creates an entire political world so realistic, that the reader often forgets that she is reading a work of fiction, and not a book of history about some faraway land in a long-ago time.

At first sight, Middle Earth seems to be a land o
أحمد
اليوم أنهيت رحلة عام كامل مع قراءة ثلاثية سيد الخواتم. الحكاية التي لن يكتب مثلها أبدا.
أنقل هنا فقط عبارتين على لسان جاندالف:

هناك شرور أخرى قد تأتي، لأن ساورون نفسه ليس سوى خادم أو جاسوس أو تابع. ولكن التحكم في كل التيارات في العالم وتوجيهها ليس دورنا، ولكن دورنا هو أن نفعل ما هو بوسعنا لإنقاذ تلك السنين التي وضعنا فيها، نقتلع الشر من الحقول التي نعرفها ونجتثها، حتى يمكن لأولئك الذين يعيشون بعدنا أن ينعموا بأرض نظيفة طيبة يحرثونها. أما الطقس الذي سيكون لديهم فهذا ليس في مقدورنا أن نتحكم فيه.
. .
Julie Davis
What becomes very noticeable to me at this point, listening as opposed to reading, is the juxtaposition of the two kings and their hobbit observers. One has been brought back to himself after being under the Dark Lord's sway and the other is prideful and arrogant. It is a striking contrast.

Another thing is how touched I was by the description of those coming to the defense of Gondor, early after Gandalf and Pippin got there. They were the few, those coming out of common need to defend themselves
Kim

I've just spent two months in Middle Earth, listening to audiobooks of The Hobbit and then each of the books in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, one after the other.

Last week, when I finished The Two Towers, I thought it would be my favourite novel of the trilogy. In any event, I knew that I liked it better than The Fellowship of the Ring, as it has more action and less talk about action. Now I think that this may be my favourite of the three books. I don't recall my attention flagging. Nor do I
midnightfaerie
The Return of the King was by far the best Lord of the Rings yet. It made me cry several times and had some key elements to it that really made it the best and rounded out the series perfectly. First of all, we have my favorite part, when the hobbits come back to the Shire. They've been through so much and are hoping to rest but are sorely mistaken when they find their beloved Shire in ruins. Trees cut down, water polluted, homes destroyed, and basically a gang of ruffians has taken over. These ...more
Jon
I've read and re-read The Lord of the Rings so many times. Why? Because it sings to my soul and sends it soaring.

This last volume, or last few books, of the epic tale of Middle Earth, has always been my favorite.

And it's the relationships and the struggles that appeal most - Frodo and Sam, Boromir and his father, Aragorn and Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli.

At the end of all things, even a perpetually optimistic Hobbit can be tempted, can fall, just like all of us fall short. Yet the sacrifice an
Mason
The multiple endings still irk me, but other than that I still love this book (and this series) so much! Absolutely one of my favorites!
Chris
Markus Molina
Wellllllll,

I really loved the second half. Once Frodo and Sam got going, I got into it. Their part of the tale has always been the main story and Frodo is the primary protagonist, so it only makes sense that his stuff is the best. I was very disappointed to find that Gollum hardly comes out, especially considering he's probably my favorite character in LOTR. But overall, I'd give most of the second half and the ending especially a 4/5

The first half was really, really boring for me and I struggle
Nikki
The Return of the King is perhaps my least favourite of the three volumes. Part of that is the slow hideous crawl to Mordor, of course, despite the bright valour of Aragorn and Eowyn and most of the people in Minas Tirith -- even the death of Denethor is good to read, though sad. Part of it is the fact that a huge chunk of it, over a hundred pages in my edition, is the winding up of the story. There are some beautiful bits, of course, but Tolkien's descriptions of joy and victory don't ring quit ...more
Nikki
There: I've finally finished my reread of The Lord of the Rings. I'm trying to remember when I last reread it. Probably three years ago, maybe four, because I went through a long period where I was sure it would have lost its magic, and I mostly just remembered the accusations of how slow it was, how boring, how long it took to get anything done. That was true, as far as it matters: Tolkien is wordy, but I like the way he writes. I wasn't wrong in remembering that it tasted nice to me, with the ...more
Celeste
:,) Y si lloré...
La verdad no se que más puedo decir para explicar la genialidad de Tolkien; Su prosa me transporta a lugares increíble que aunque sé que no estoy en ellos, mientras los leo, siento como si estuviera allí; allí con Merry y Darnehelm luchando contra los Nazgul, allí con Pippin tratando de salvar a Faramir, allí con Aragorn, Legolas y Gimli, reuniendo el ejército de los muertos, allí con Gandalf siempre ayudando y tratando de hacer la Tierra Media un lugar mejor para los que estab
Jefther E.
"Es muy peligroso, Frodo, cruzar la puerta," solía decirme. "Vas hacia el Camino, y si no cuidas tus pies no sabes hacia donde te arrastrarán." —Frodo, citando a Bilbo.

¡Así es que concluye un libro!

Realmente cualquier cosa que diga quedará corto para lo magnífico de este final, pero aun así siempre tengo cosas que decir.

Cada vez que terminaba uno de estos libros, veía la película y, aunque antes de leerlos me daban un sueño y no entendía ni un pedo de qué iba la cosa, este libro hizo que me enam
Nərmin
Jul 24, 2015 Nərmin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LOTR fans
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
Although I mostly skipped the pages and read only the parts I find interesting, I want to give this book 3,5 stars. Things I don't like about this book are:
1.Writing style- in the first part, it talks from Pippin's and Merry's viewpoint and then in the second part Frodo and Sam's journey through Mordor. I personally read second part with more interest than the first part, mainly because i care about Frodo and Sam and their journey to destroy the ring. I wish author occasionally changed viewpoint
  • The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4)
  • A Muralha de Gelo (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #2)
  • Wieża Jaskółki (Saga o Wiedźminie, #6)
  • Sign of the Unicorn
  • Elven Star (The Death Gate Cycle, #2)
  • Silver on the Tree (The Dark is Rising, #5)
  • A Corte dos Traidores (A Saga do Assassino #3)
  • The Scions of Shannara (Heritage of Shannara, #1)
  • Servant of the Empire (The Empire Trilogy, #2)
  • Taran Wanderer (The Chronicles of Prydain #4)
  • The Vanishing Tower (Elric, #4)
  • The Hollow Hills (Arthurian Saga, #2)
  • Tales from Earthsea (Earthsea Cycle, #5)
  • The Illearth War (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, #2)
  • The Lions of Al-Rassan
  • Thud! (Discworld, #34; City Watch #7)
  • Redwall (Redwall, #1)
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, CBE, was an English writer, poet, WWI veteran (a First Lieutenant in the Lancashire Fusiliers, British Army), philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the high fantasy classic works The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings .

Tolkien was Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford from 1925 to 1945, and Merton Professor of English lan
More about J.R.R. Tolkien...

The Lord of the Rings (3 books)
  • The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe) The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3) The Silmarillion (Middle-Earth Universe)

“I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.” 2140 likes
“What do you fear, lady?" [Aragorn] asked.
"A cage," [Éowyn] said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
1627 likes