Start by marking “Color Of Trouble” as Want to Read:
Color Of Trouble

Color Of Trouble

For seven years Kari Anderson has lived a lie. Because she's black, she assumes she can't be prejudiced. She ignores her heart's reminder that she left Jonathan because he was white. She also ignores the warning bells that tell her she's with her finance, Doctor Steven Anderson, because her parents approve of the color of his skin. With him, she can have the babies her par ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Genesis Press (first published August 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Color Of Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Color Of Trouble

Mimi Tremont
Imagine if at the age of eighteen you met your soulmate. No seriously....take the next few moments and think about it. I'll wait.

Now, being young and subject to idealism you decide to take on the world rather than deny the fact that this is your soulmate and there will NEVER be another for you. EVER. After all when the two of you are in the same room you can achieve the highest sexual pleasure without ever touching or saying a word. A mere look is more than enough.

Now let's complicate matter
Karen Scott
Words can't describe how utterly rubbish this book was. A ridiculous heroine, an equally ridiculous hero, a crap plot, a cookie cutter 'other woman' who said things like "Did you really think Jon was going to be satisfied with dark chocolate when he could have me?" Seriously, who the f*ck says sh*t like that??? And angst, oh so much effing angst. Enough already! Aaaaarrrggghh!

Two hours of my effing life that I won't be getting back any time soon. Annoying!
Will2pear95
I hated this book. I'd give it zero stars if I could. Kari was a weak stupid bigot and Jon was a weak stupid man. Flat and cartoonish main and secondary characters and a ridiculous plot does not a good story make.
Tarry
The book was so good but the Heroine was terrible, almost made me dislike the book she was a terrible person.
D.lee
Jun 20, 2012 D.lee rated it it was amazing
I will be honest, I had seen this book several times, but was reluctant to buy it because I wasn't sure I was ready for it. I am so happy I finally bought and read it. It is excellent, but difficult to take at the same time. It deals with a real issue that we want to pretend does not still exist, RACISM!!! The thing that makes this story so difficult is it will make you reflect on bigotry from all angles.

Jon and Kari are from a small town in Alabama, where they did the unthinkable. They fell in
Vivian
Oct 06, 2010 Vivian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads
I really liked this book but i felt like the story was kind of dragged on and longer than it had to be. Plus the ending was kind of mushy, well at least it was for me and i felt weird reading it. so i wanted the ending to finish quickly. But i liked it how the story already started from the beginning. it wasn't like an intro to what happened and stuff and i wished there were more books like this. i didnt really have any problems with any of the characters in this book other than the female lead ...more
Staci
May 24, 2012 Staci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good bw/wm interracial romance novel. It delves pretty deep into the issues that interracial couples can face in society, even from their own families. Kari is a little too focused on having babies; it makes her seem less than fully developed as a heroine but the novel's love story and tensions make up for it pretty well.
Pygmy
Jan 14, 2011 Pygmy rated it did not like it
Started reading this, but the poor writing quality prevented me from getting past the first chapter. There was no rhythm to the back-and-forth between the heroine and her white lover boy, and the circumstances that caused the breakup and the subsequent argument was so woodenly and repetitively presented that I could not buy into it at all. Will not finish.
A-W
Jul 22, 2011 A-W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful story.The author did a wonderful job of showing that racism isn't about the color of the person who carries it inside of them.
Blue.Raven
Mar 28, 2012 Blue.Raven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. It was so real and passionate. Highly recommended to interracial romance readers and really any reader who enjoys romance!
Flip
Jul 09, 2014 Flip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bw-wm
I loved this book a little slow in the first couple of chapters and I did want to choke Kari. But I still enjoyed it.
Shayna
Mar 31, 2009 Shayna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite Dyanne Davis book. Hands down. The love between Jonathan and Carrie was very strong and I felt for them.
Justine L2r
Justine L2r rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2009
Fashionista
Fashionista rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2012
Cocoa
Cocoa rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Stephanie Tadlock
Stephanie Tadlock rated it it was ok
May 15, 2016
Kelley
Kelley rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2011
Leola
Leola rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Channasl
Channasl rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2009
Keke
Keke rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2012
Indy
Indy rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2014
LadyReedAlot
LadyReedAlot rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2010
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2011
A
A rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2013
Cassandra Tatum
Cassandra Tatum rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2010
Bert
Bert rated it really liked it
May 29, 2011
Kelley
Kelley rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Tarra
Tarra rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2009
  • Georgie's Beau
  • A Whisper to a Scream
  • Love's Redemption
  • I'll Be Your Shelter
  • Greeley's Spyce (The Megalodon Team, #4)
  • Better Late Than Never (The Smith Sister's Trilogy #1)
  • Caught Up In The Rapture
  • Being Plumville
  • His One and Only: 50 Loving States, Alabama
  • Crush
  • Warped (Dueling Devils, #4)
  • Open Wounds (Damaged Souls, #2)
  • Word of Honor (From Race to Redemption Book 2)
  • What White Boyz Want