Start by marking “Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook

Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook (Cedar Cove)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  878 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Now, from Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook, you can relish in your own home the same superb meals found in Cedar Cove's households. Charlotte Rhodes, one of the series' most beloved characters, invites all fans of Cedar Cove, as well as anyone who enjoys classic home cooking, to join her in touring the town's kitchens as she shares more than 130 of her treasured famil ...more
Published August 25th 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook

Jackie Lane
What a great cookbook. There are tons of recipes I like and I loved that it told the story of Cedar Cove, there was a lot in it that I hadn't remembered from the series.
Susan
This cookbook is a companion to the Cedar Cove series set in a Pacific Northwest small town. Each chapter introduction is based on characters from the series. Chapters cover major recipe categories (appetizer, entree, dessert) as well as menus for holiday meals (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas). Recipes range from simple comfort foods we've loved since childhood (grilled cheese sandwich) to elegant dishes we expect in gourmet restaurants (Beef Wellington). The recipes are appealing, made 'from s ...more
Christy Farmer
Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook is the companion cookbook to her Cedar Cove series. Debbie Macomber writes the introduction to the cookbook then Charlotte Rhodes narrates readers through recipes along with a virtual tour of Cedar Cove.

What I look for in great cookbooks are ingredients that are widely available and simple to prepare. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook delivers on both. Personally, I cannot wait to try the recipe for Coconut Cream Pie.

Now if she only added exclusive reci
Jill
Summary:

This cookbook is a companion to the Cedar Cove Series. Charlotte Jefferson Rhodes, Olivia's mother, is the one leading the reader through the book. It is divided into ten sections by breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers, dessert, and then holidays. Each of those sections is hosted by a different character whose address has been one of the books in the series. Her introduction of the section introduces the characters at that home and says why that meal or holiday is special to them. Throu
Virginia Campbell
Debbie Macomber's wonderful Cedar Cove book series is a world unto itself. The "Cedar Cove Cookbook" is charming, wonderfully illustrated with colorful drawings and photographs, and it has a real "down home" feel from cover to cover. After the nostalgic and touching introduction from Debbie, one of her Cedar Cove characters, Charlotte Jefferson Rhodes, takes over as guide and offers insights into the residents of Cedar Cove as she introduces each chapter. The food varies from new ideas to famili ...more
Vicki
I love this cookbook! Lots of colorful photos and lots of great categories:

Breakfast at 16 Lighthouse Road with Olivia Griffin

Lunch at 204 Rosewood Lane with Grace Sherman Harding

Tea at 6 Rainer Drive and the Victorian Tea Room with Justine Gunderson Appetizers at 311 Pelican Court with Zach and Rosie Cox

Dinner at 44 Cranberry Point with Bob Peggy Beldon

Dessert at 50 Harbor Street with Roy and Corrie McAfee,

Easter at 15 Eagle Crest Avenue with Ben and Charlotte Rhodes

Fourth of July at 92 Pacific
Airynn
This is a book and a cookbook. At the beginning of each chapter a character from the Cedar Cove Series is featured for that section in the voice of Charlotte Rhodes. You get a few pages of story as well as wonderful recipes and mouthwatering photos. I don't always look at cookbooks from cover to back but this one had a different feel because of the short stories in between. A great range of recipes from comfort food to entertaining as well as a lot of seafood ideas. Considering Cedar Cove is off ...more
Sarah Myers
The only thing I didn't like about this book is the way it's bound. It's hard to make the recipes in it because you're having to constantly move whatever you're using to hold the book down. My favorite recipe is the apple bran muffins.
Susie Marino
I mainly read this book to keep up with the characters since this book was next in line in the series. I am not really in to cooking. So I am going to start the next one in the series.
Katie Q
It is great to see the recipes that are mentioned in the Cedar Cove series. Don't know how many I will ever cook but it is a lovely book and a nice companion to the series.
Cindy
This cookbook is a wonderful complement to the Cedar Cove series. The inside cover has a beautifully drawn map with all of the Cedar Cove streets and homes. The cookbook is organized by the type of meal and each meal contains recipes by the characters of a Cedar Cove home. The recipes are easy to follow with photos that go with about 1/3 of the recipes. Every recipe comes with a tip and some have a handwritten note about how the recipe was part of the series. No nutritional information, but that ...more
Sunay
YAZARIN ANLATIMI ÇOK GÜZEL OKURKEN İNANILMAZ KEYİF ALIYORUM
ÇOKĞUNU OKUDUM AMA DAHA OKUMADIKLARIM DA VAR
Yvonne Ramée DeBor
Love this cookbook...full of great classic recipes. Love the cute tie in to characters within her book.
Kristen
Wow. I really love this book and I can't wait to get cooking! No, not healthy in the least, but these recipes look SCRUMPTIOUS! It is a beautiful book, too with excerpts from Debbie's books, and beautiful typesetting. Most of all, I appreciate all the full color photos. Some of the most tantalizing recipes: Sugar Dusted Molasses Crinkles, Raspberry Peach Cobbler, Russian Tea Cakes, Roasted Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce, Panini Margherita, Fresh Herb Crab Cakes, and of COURSE, Chocolate Zucchini ...more
Judy
For anyone who is a fan of the Cedar Cove series and a lover of cookbooks, this would be a great addition to their library. The cookbook is very well done and told through the eyes of Charlotte Rhodes. She takes you to different houses in Cedar Cove and includes a collection of recipes from that house. The cookbook has beautiful illustrations and photographs and many helpful hints are included.
Deborah
this was a terrific addition to reading the cedar cove series, the recipes were written by the "residents" of each cedar cove (book) "address" and i thoroughly enjoyed copying several for myself to try, thank you so much DEBBIE MACOMBER for sharing your talents and your close-knit family values :)
Cyndi
I love the Cedar Cove series. And, as a cookbook collector, I'm wild about the Companion book -Cedar Cove Cookbook. The antidotes regarding The residents (as well as the recipes)can be enjoyed by everyone, even if you haven't been introduced to Cedar Cove and it's residents!
Leona
Great cookbook and if you are a fan of the Cedar Cove Series a must. I have tried several recipes in the book, and they were easy and my family loved them. I particularly like the peanut butter cookies. I took them to a church event and got rave reviews!
Tammy
I have not read the series of Cedar Cove. I found the mini stories that were included in the recipes entertaining. The recipes were great for me which means comfort foods and church potluck recipes. Well worth reading and cooking!
Jan
A great book for reading and cooking. Macomber tells you about the people and the households in which the recipes originate at the beginning of the chapter and you'll find them all familar if you've read any of the Cedar Cove books.
Katie
Love cookbooks - this one has easy, simple family fare recipes. I find reading cookbooks is relaxing and gives me ideas to change things up a bit. These recipes sound good and are not especially difficult to put together.
Sally Salyards
This is so good, especially if you have read the Cedar Cove series. All the recipes are easy to do, well it looks easy. I havent tried any yet but I know I will.
You will look at it over and over, never wanting to put it down.
Denise
I happened to see this book in the library. I picked it up and checked it out because I had read other books by the author many years ago, didn't know she had written a cookbook too.
Barb
If you like Debbie Macomber books you will love the cookbook. It has wonderful recipes in it, along with some stories about characters in her Cedar Cove series. Beautifully illustrated.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
There are quite a few good recipes in this cookbook. Most recipes are for foods that family cooks could make, without alot of hard to find ingredients or chef skills required.
Becky
As an avid cook, I love the recipes described in the Cedar Cove stories. I was so excited to get my hands on the cookbook when it was published! The recipes are amazing!
Michele
It was fun 'reading' this cookbook with all the info tying back to the series. There were only a handful of recipes in it that I would consider making though.
Kim Hampton
A lot of great recipes from your favorite characters from the Cedar Cove series. It's worth reading, even if you don't cook, just because of the commentary.
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2: More Amazing Clones of Famous Dishes from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains
  • Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Bake Until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook
  • The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever
  • In the Kitchen with Rosie: Oprah's Favorite Recipes
  • Vegetables Every Day: The Definitive Guide to Buying and Cooking Today's Produce, with Over 350 Recipes
  • The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook: 200 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, and Nourishing Meals That Are Easy on the Budget and a Snap to Prepare
  • Comfort Food: Rachael Ray's Top 30 30-Minutes Meals
  • Molto Gusto: Easy Italian Cooking
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours
  • The Healthy Kitchen: Recipes for a Better Body, Life, and Spirit
  • Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family
  • The I Hate to Cook Book
  • Ten Dollar Dinners: 140 Recipes and Tips for Delicious, Budget-Friendly Meals the Whole Family Can Enjoy
  • The Lady & Sons, Too!: A Whole New Batch of Recipes from Savannah

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Cedar Cove (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • 311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove, #3)
  • 44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)
  • 50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove, #5)
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove, #9)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)