Start by marking “Pistonhead” as Want to Read:
Pistonhead

Pistonhead

Charlie Sinclair plays guitar in a rock band. He works on an assembly line. His best friend is a drug addict. PISTONHEAD is the story of one week in Charlie Sinclair's life - a week that changed him forever.
Published February 1st 2009 by Booklocker.com

To ask other readers questions about Pistonhead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pistonhead

Kari Anderson
Jun 27, 2010 Kari Anderson rated it really liked it
Charlie Sinclair runs a line at a plant by day, but by night, he is a rocker in one of Chicago’s up and coming bands. It’s not all glitz and glam for Charlie though, like you imagine for a rocker. He lives in his apartment with mice, his girlfriend cheated on him with another rocker, one of his band mates and best friends dies and he is losing his job in two weeks. There may be a glimmer of hope on the verizon, but with everything else on Charlie’s plate, that glimmer made fade out like a wet fi ...more
Katrina
Sep 10, 2009 Katrina rated it liked it
When I first came across this book I was hesitant to read it. A rock n' roll book, with a male main character, just did not appeal to me. By the time I read the guest post Mr. Hauck wrote for my blog, I knew I had read the book. The original synopsis does not do this book justice.

Charlie is in a rock band. They have had some semblance of local success. But this book is so much more than playing gigs, doing drugs and banging groupies. It is about life, humanity and how one measures success. Do yo
Beth
Jul 21, 2009 Beth rated it liked it
I immediately liked the main character, Charlie. I'm certainly not a music type person, so that all went over my head, but I bonded with Charlie's assembly line since I did lovely temp jobs like that during summers in college. Assembly works sucks - especially when it involves paper!

This was very well written, with a nice, easy to follow story. I especially enjoyed that this was a very real story, with real characters. Everyone was, while not entirely likable, someone you could really meet in re
Kathleen Hamilton
Oct 03, 2009 Kathleen Hamilton rated it it was amazing
An unexpected treasure! You don't have to know (or care) anything about rock music to enjoy this new American classic. It reveals a personal journey and packs a powerful emotional punch. Charlie Sinclair is a modern Pilgrim who wants to make the best of his life but doesn't quite know how. This well-written and concise novel examines how each one of us defines success, and challenges our preconceptions. The characters are vivid and the settings (around the Boston area) are evocative. Once you pi ...more
Frank Gardner
Oct 03, 2009 Frank Gardner rated it it was amazing
What I learned from this book? A few things. Manufacturing is dying in the U.S. Rock bands work much harder than I thought. Having sex with a groupie is not always as thrilling as you might imagine. The music business is full of sharks (no surprise there). People who are in the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Hospital can work regular jobs. You are capable of much more than you ever imagined. This book will stay with you long after you have read it.
Morninglight Mama
Jan 16, 2016 Morninglight Mama rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
Maybe because I couldn't relate to the plot or the main character all that much, but this short novel did not really appeal to me. I thought the writing was pretty rudimentary, and in my opinion, the characters were slightly one-dimensional. It may appeal to others who are more into the small circuit rock scene, but it was not my thing.
Harvee
Oct 09, 2009 Harvee rated it liked it
Although Charlie Sinclair works in the days on an assembly line, his goal is to be famous as a rock guitarist. This book follows Charlie for one week and tells how he finds success.
Marci -  Serendipitous Readings
Marci - Serendipitous Readings rated it did not like it
Dec 03, 2009
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2009
Mark Bethoney
Mark Bethoney rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Matt ONeil
Matt ONeil rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2017
Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2009
Veronika
Veronika marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2009
Lydi
Lydi marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Gianna
Gianna added it
Jun 22, 2015
Steven Pofcher
Steven Pofcher marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016