Start by marking “Crown of Earth (The Shield, Sword, and Crown, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Earth (The Shield, Sword, and Crown, #3)

Crown of Earth (The Shield, Sword, and Crown #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  388 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The moment Prince Edoran hears these words from Weasel's trusted friend Justice Holis, Edoran knows he has to fi nd a way to rescue Weasel, who has been kidnapped in Edoran's place.

Edoran's task is far from easy. Life-threatening challenges greet him at every step as he searches for Weasel, forced to hide his true identity from all he meets along the way. The journey is
Published October 20th 2009 by Aladdin (first published October 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Earth

The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel FrederickThe Candymakers by Wendy MassA Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy MassHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingGlory Be by Augusta Scattergood
MUST READS!!!:)
88th out of 96 books — 8 voters
Knight of Flame by Scott EderHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingWatership Down by Richard AdamsGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Earth, Wind and Fire
387th out of 568 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Ryan
This was a good final book for this series. I found that all three dealt with rather weighty issues - religious tolerance, terrorists vs. patriots - and did not end all perfect and glorious. I enjoyed the tarot theme throughout - very nicely done.
Beth
"If this is treason," said Weasel, "should you be writing it down?"

So begins Hilari Bell's Shield, Sword, and Crown trilogy. It's the story of a kingdom in transition, one with a boy prince, a power-hungry regent, and the beginnings of a revolution. Familiar elements, to be sure, but this adventure series is set apart by meticulous plotting, worldbuilding, and character growth.

Shield of Stars is Weasel's book, wherein the pickpocket-turned-clerk tries to save his arrested master and discovers th
Karen Keyte
For young friends Weasel, Arisa and Prince Edoran, things are somehow worse than ever. Having already assisted in overthrowing the reign of a murderous Regent and recovered the lost ancient symbols of the King's right to rule, the Shield of Stars and the Sword of Waters, the three teens should have been relatively safe. But, as everything seems to do in Deorthas these days, things have gone horribly wrong. Arisa's mother, the Falcon, has turned traitor and made a bid to take over the rule of the ...more
May
Aug 28, 2010 May rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
Finally I had the chance to finish this trilogy! I hadn't read the second one too recently, so since Crown of Earth starts up immediately- and I mean immediately- where the Sword of Waters ends, I was confused for a few pages. But I quickly got caught up, and the story from there flowed well and was so fast-paced I didn't want to put it down.

Edoran took the stage for this book, which at first was annoying and disappointing. He's whiny and pathetic, but after awhile it was interesting to see him
Maxine
Crown of Earth, by Hilari Bell is the final book in the YA series, The Shield, Sword, and Crown trilogy. This time the story is told from the perspective of Prince Edoran and diverges, somewhat, from the previous two. The prince sets out alone to save Weasel. Along the way, he is forced to learn the value of hard work and the true nature of the people he will eventually rule.

This book is shorter than the first two but I liked it the best. I especially liked the way that Bell wrapped up the story
Andrea
Trish
I was skeptical that this would be a good ending for the story with such a small book, but apparently, Hilari Bell does not pad her books with useless words. It was an excellent ending -- I did not predict it or even suspect that it would end this way. Friendship is a powerful influence for good when you meet the ones you would die for.
Steph
Finished it in a few hours. I had read the first two in the series over a year ago and my local library didn't have this one. I finally got it through Ohiolink provided by my college OU.

I got right back into the story, remembering what had just happened. This one was pretty quick paced and followed Edoran around.
Carrie
This was a terrific ending to a super series. I'm impressed and will look for more from her. It was neat that each book focused on one of the 3 main characters, even though I missed the others at times. Thanks for the reccomendation, Sheila! :)
Erin
Fun, delightful even, romp through medieval times with amazing protagonists and downright (in the Falcon's case) scary antagonists. Rated 13+ for language, issues with parents (Abandonment), and slight politics.
Ami
This is the best of the series. I have shared this series by word of mouth already. I will continue to recommend it to people as a great read. I will purchase the whole series for my library hopefully soon.
Sara
Excellent conclusion to the trilogy. Much better paced than the second book, this book reclaims the excitement and magic of book one. Great character development and a satisfying conclusion.
Alyssa
THIS WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Becca
This was awesome. I wasn't quite expecting the focus to shift so much from Arisa to the prince, but I guess it was his turn.
Patricia
Enjoyed this series. I know I gave each book five stars. I'm rounding up from f and 1/2 on each book.
Beth O'Connell
I want more! The twist at the end was so satisfying, and the stage is now set for further adventures.
Rachel
I really liked this trilogy. Each book is from the perspective of a different main character.
Catharine
I enjoyed this book and all the characters in this series. I'd love to hear more about them!
SarahStrange
Nice ending to a not bad series. Not as funny as the knight and the rogue series though.
Angie Lisle
Fantastic! One of the better fantasy series that I've read in recent years!
kyliemm
Fantastic conclusion. Love the religion stuff going on here. Great series.
Peggy
An exciting and satisfying wrap up to this fun trilogy!
Kami
Final book in the trilogy. Good for young readers.
Shereen Vedam
Excellent ending to the series.
Brian
A good final novel to the series!
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Chatoyant
Chatoyant marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Lizzie
Lizzie added it
Dec 02, 2014
Zach Bellows
Zach Bellows marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
  • Raider's Promise (Viking Quest, #5)
  • Lady Margaret's Ghost: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries (Quality))
  • So Over It (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #3)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • Millie's Remarkable Journey (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #3)
  • The Return of Meteor Boy? (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #2)
  • Wild Honey (Phantom Stallion, #22)
  • Very Funny, Elizabeth (American Girls: Felicity)
  • Mira's Diary: Lost in Paris (Mira's Diary, #1)
  • Mothstorm (Larklight, #3)
  • Good Luck, Ivy (American Girls: Julie)
  • The Valley of Secrets
  • The Silver Guitar: A Julie Mystery
  • The Gorgon's Gaze (The Companions Quartet, #2)
As far as writing is concerned, I call myself the poster child for persistence. Songs of Power, the first novel I sold, was the 5th novel I'd written. When it sold I was working on novel #13. The next to sell, Navohar, was #12, and the next, A Matter of Profit, was #9. The Goblin Wood was #6, and the first Sorahb book, Flame (later renamed Farsala: Fall of a Kingdom), will be #15. You get the pict ...more
More about Hilari Bell...
Fall of a Kingdom (The Farsala Trilogy, #1) Rise of a Hero (The Farsala Trilogy, #2) The Goblin Wood (Goblin Wood, #1) Forging the Sword (The Farsala Trilogy, #3) The Last Knight (Knight and Rogue, #1)

“In his opinion, working was vastly overrated. Particularly as a way to build character, for everyone who engaged in it was far too snappish and fussy, and seemed to have no manners at all.” 24 likes
“I do give them to you," he announced. "Of my free will. Because this is my sword." He laid a hand on Arisa's shoulder. "And Weasle is my shield. What you hold are only pieces of iron.” 6 likes