Start by marking “Ghost In The Garden” as Want to Read:
Ghost In The Garden

Ghost In The Garden

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When Jennie's family moves to a house in the country, Jennie is lonely until she meets a mysterious girl dressed in strange old clothes. But is her new friend a ghost?
Published 1984 by Weekly Reader Books

To ask other readers questions about Ghost In The Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost In The Garden

Amanda
Aug 07, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-as-a-kid
This was one of my favorite stories when I was little and one of the first books I can remember reading. As an adult, I'm sure the story would seem much more simplistic if I read it now then when I was six. For this reason I am basing my rating on how I viewed the book as a child rather than re-reading it. The book is intended for children and I think young girls would really enjoy it and I would definitely recommend it!
Tammy
May 19, 2010 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
The first book I ever fell in love with and I spent many years trying to find. I finally found a copy a few summers ago. Great book for young girls.
Amanda
This book is about a girl named Jennie, she moves to a new house and is lonly. She meets a ghost girl, that leads her to a discovery. I belive that Jennie meets this girl one day when she is sitting in her garden. This girl Leads Jennie into cave that is full of old artifacts and paintings. This girl eventually goes away, and Jennie tells her parents about the cave.
Echo
Jan 02, 2010 Echo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This was my favorite book when I was young. I loved the story. And, oh how I cried when I read the end of the book.
Kel
Dec 06, 2011 Kel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This was my favorite book growing up! I read it probably 50 times when I was little.
Katniss
Sep 25, 2013 Katniss rated it it was amazing
I wanna read it all over again
Cathy Smith
Oct 01, 2015 Cathy Smith rated it really liked it
I received the book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. It was interesting and made for kids! Many have so-called invisible friends, but this book went to another level with that. She was real and no one saw her but Jennie. I wonder why Ben did not tell her anything? He was there to be asked. It was nice she met Beth and became friends, and to explain "the rest of the story". A very good read!
Jul 10, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
So, for a child, this is a wonderful book. I remember, as a child, loving it, and my children were really into it and begged for a chapter each night. As an adult, you can see issues with it of course. There is the problem of parents not bothering to go out to meet their child's friend for ages. Really there are numerous other "leap of faith" things as well that as adults we might shake our head at, but children don't seem to question. As this is geared for children though, it works. Or worked, ...more
Becky Hiatt
Feb 02, 2015 Becky Hiatt rated it it was amazing
I adored this book as a child unfortunately all my childhood books are missing so I really am so happy I found it again
Kitty Tomlinson
Aug 11, 2012 Kitty Tomlinson rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Story of Jennie Andrews, whose work-at-home artists parents have moved the family into a haunted house out in the country. Jennie is befriended by the ghost of a young girl who lived in their house.

Fun read.
JJ
Aug 02, 2009 JJ rated it it was ok
Read this children's book to see if Madison would like it. Not terribly interesting or anything. At least not scarey.
Sommer Davey
Oct 10, 2011 Sommer Davey rated it it was amazing
Loved this book in grade school!
Katherine
Jul 04, 2012 Katherine rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books as a kid.
Amanda Coppedge
Aug 28, 2010 Amanda Coppedge rated it really liked it
Shelves: mg
A favorite from childhood
Abishekhsah
Abishekhsah marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Chantal
Chantal rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Ella Soblirova
Ella Soblirova rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Angyankee Sherpa
Angyankee Sherpa marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Audrey Albright
Audrey Albright rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Klanette5
Klanette5 marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Courtney Barrett
Courtney Barrett rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Jessie Rose
Jessie Rose marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Elizabeth Akers
Elizabeth Akers marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Benjamin Alvarado
Benjamin Alvarado marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
208538
Carol H. Behrman is the author of 27 books (fiction and non-fiction) for children and young adults as well as seven writing activities texts that are used in schools throughot the U.S. and Canada. She has taught classes in writing at universities and community adult programs and at many writer's confereces. Her most recent book is FREEDOM PASSAGE, an historical novel set at the Jersey shore in 196 ...more
More about Carol H. Behrman...