Start by marking “The Law And Miss Mary (Love Inspired Historical)” as Want to Read:
The Law And Miss Mary (Love Inspired Historical)

The Law And Miss Mary (Randolph Family #4)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  70 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
It's disgraceful how St. Louis's orphans are treated. And Mary Randolph plans to do something about it. She's lost her faith, but she still has compassion and a drive to help innocents in need. If she has to battle with by-the-book police captain Samuel Benton to protect them...well, she'll give him a challenge he'll never forget.

A poverty-stricken childhood left Sam hungr
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Law And Miss Mary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law And Miss Mary

Rivals in the Tudor Court by D.L. BogdanThe Turncoat by Donna ThorlandThe Falcons Of Montabard by Elizabeth ChadwickSnow by Tracy LynnA Surrendered Heart by Tracie Peterson
Why we don't dress like that? (Part 3)
60th out of 90 books — 8 voters
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettFever by Mary Beth KeaneRemarkable Creatures by Tracy ChevalierThe Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa GregoryThe Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh by Stephanie Laurens
"Mary"
30th out of 108 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle
Jun 27, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
The Randolph Family
Book 4

I'm not sure which book I liked more - the first book in this series (featuring Mary's parents), or this book...

Mary comes from a rich family in Philadelphia. But she doesn't have beauty that so many people hold dear, and she is hurt deeply when she learns her fiance was marrying her for her money - not her. So she gets permission from her father to go with her brother, James, to St. Louis where he will manage his father's newly purchased ships.

But Mary soon learns that
Amanda
Sep 25, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
Award-winning author Dorothy Clark delivers another winner with The Law and Miss Mary. Her vivid descriptions make you feel as if you’re actually in St. Louis 1840 as she tells the story of Mary Randolph, who’s determined to save the town’s orphans, even if it means butting heads with police captain Samuel Benton. A charming story of healing, both physical and spiritual, The Law and Miss Mary will linger in your memory long after you’ve turned the last page.
Carol
Jul 06, 2010 Carol rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. Set in St. Louis on the edge of the new wilderness of the early 1800's, I envisioned what St.Louis must have been like at the time. I liked the main idea of the story in that others see us differently than we sometimes see ourselves. The attitude of the heart is what truly affects our outward appearance.
Karen
Jan 22, 2013 Karen rated it it was ok
Set in St. Louis, 1840, Mary Randolph strives to find a place for all the orphans. Police captain Samuel Benton must enforce the new law that jails these children. Together they face the mayor and his beautiful daughter to provide for these poor children.
Janis Kay
Nov 07, 2012 Janis Kay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, christian-fic
Loved the characters and the story was amazing! To think Mary wishes that she was short and blond is crazy, but thank Sam he got her to see reason! Lol this is truly a unique and fascinating story and I am now wondering what else I can find from this author:)
Sep 09, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The plot is all about Mary's quest to help the orphans; a quest I loved because orphans are near and dear to my heart. Along the way, Mary learns to love and trust again. A sweet romance is a nice back plot to the orphans and their journey home.
Fay Risner
Sep 28, 2014 Fay Risner rated it it was amazing
This was a good christian, historical romance. Mary might have over thought her problem with her attractiveness throughout the book, but I enjoyed the book.
L A
Jun 15, 2015 L A rated it really liked it
I enjoy this book. I still can't believe how those so called influential people would treat those poor orphans so poorly.
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2010
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
May 20, 2010
Xondra Day
Xondra Day rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2011
Patty P Castillo
Patty P Castillo rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2013
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2013
Sabiha Younus
Sabiha Younus rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2016
Linda Clark
Linda Clark rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2010
Ally
Ally rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2013
aspasiacat
aspasiacat rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Penny
Penny rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2011
Gaby
Gaby rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2010
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Nayla
Nayla rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2013
Flora
Flora rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 10:37AM
Married to her own personal hero for over fifty-eight years, mother of three, grandmother of four, and great-grandmother to a beautiful baby girl, Dorothy calls on her life’s experiences—including designing and helping her husband build their home, complete with beams they hewed by hand and a real, old-fashioned walk-in kitchen fireplace she occasionally cooks in, to add color and depth to her ...more
More about Dorothy Clark...

Randolph Family (6 books)
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Joy for Mourning (Exchange Series, #2)
  • Family of the Heart