Start by marking “Wanderlust (Beautiful Americans, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wanderlust (Beautiful Americans, #2)

Wanderlust (Beautiful Americans #2)

Angst and betrayal abound as teens search the French countryside for their missing classmate, in this exciting sequel to Beautiful Americans.
Published December 24th 2009 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Wanderlust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanderlust

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsLola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie PerkinsMeant to Be by Lauren MorrillThere You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
Study Abroad
58th out of 76 books — 66 voters
Private by Kate BrianPretty Little Liars by Sara ShepardWitch Born by Amber ArgyleCaptivate by Vanessa GardenWanderlust by Lucy Silag
Best TEEN Series
2nd out of 15 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Jan 15, 2010 stephanie rated it it was amazing
i have a lot to say about this book.

first, i have to admit that when i first started it, i was worried. it seemed too superficial, almost, especially knowing where we left off.

luckily, i shouldn't have worried a wit.

the plot revolves around penelope jane (PJ) who has run away from the lycee. (i think it's important to read the first book in this series before picking this one up. you'll spend too much time trying to figuring out the wrong things. there is a lot in this book that you don't kno
Mar 07, 2010 Kari rated it really liked it

This installment in the Beautiful Americans series was just as enchanting as the first, almost making me believe at times I was sitting in a French cafe. The imagery is well done but never overzealous and the characters slip into French at just the right time to remind the reader where the settting is. Even with the different stops made in this book, each city's unique aspects are shown at perfect moments. This series most definitely makes me want to travel through France.

The only real issue I t
Jan 04, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it
SPOILER ALERT: If you haven't read the first book in the trilogy this review may contain spoilers!
Wanderlust starts right where Beautiful Americans left off. It's winter break for the members of the Programme Americaine and that means new adventures for PJ, Alex, Olivia, and Zack. Where Beautiful Americans seemed like there wasn't enough going on, Wanderlust almost had too much going on.

PJ had run away to find her sister leaving nothing but a note behind. The note brings Jay, Alex, Olivia, and Z
Dec 23, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Wanderlust follows right after Beautiful Americans end - when PJ decides to leave in search of her sister, Annabel. So this is one of those books where you really need to read the first book before you'll understand the second.

The plot, as always, have a lot of "meat" in it and it's full of rich details and the writing is wonderful. I love how it flows and creates suspense between each of the character's point of view. Like the first book, I enjoyed reading the plot through Olivia, Alex, PJ and
Lenore Appelhans
Sep 04, 2009 Lenore Appelhans rated it really liked it
WANDERLUST picks up where BEAUTIFUL AMERICANS left off – at Christmas break. Our 4 narrators, spoiled rich girl Alex, ballerina Olivia, recently uncloseted Zack and troubled PJ all set off on adventures away from their exchange program and away from Paris.

Despite a 10 month reading gap between books, it was easy for me to slip back into the rhythms of the characters and their complicated relationships. The drama has been upped a notch thanks to the “PJ in trouble” storyline, yet somehow everyone
Ariana S.
Jul 26, 2012 Ariana S. rated it really liked it
Wanderlust takes place right where Beautiful Americans (the first book of this 3-part series) left the reader hanging. Again, the four teenages have gotten themselves into trouble, but this time, it's going to be much harder to get out if it.
I really liked Beautiful Americans, so I knew that I would love Wanderlust. The book was full of mystery, scandals, and romance-- all the things that pique my interest.
Also, what made the book much more interesting for me was that I read it right after my t
Aug 08, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
Second in the Beautiful Americans trilogy.

About the same as the first - rich kids, Paris, anguished love, daddy issues, and more.

I liked this one a little less than the first because of the unbelievable coincidences - really, in a town of thousands, you just happened on one person? Really?

However, I don't read these for the logic. I read them for the drama - and there was plenty in this one.

The ending was a good one, and I'll be reading the final book in the trilogy when it's released in October
Mar 05, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
Liked it! Fast, fun read - this is turning out to be a great YA series by Silag with sex and suspense.
Megan Otero
Nov 30, 2011 Megan Otero rated it really liked it
So I felt like this book was a lot better than the first. This one had more drama and showed the characters personalities a little better. By the time I was halfway through the book, I kept wanting to read and read. There wasn't any descriptive sex scenes, or intimate scenes for that matter, so the book was written in a clean manner but there is suggestive parts in the novel. I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't wait to get the next one.
Jan 26, 2010 hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
A completely implausible, preposterous adventure, the sequel to the sillypants book about American teenagers in Paris that was a more intelligent version of other teen chick lit. This was an excellent read as a travel story, but the characters are pretty average or cliche.

Review here:
Sep 21, 2014 Kim rated it it was ok
kon me niet boeien
Oct 08, 2012 Emilyjayne rated it it was ok
it was obvious that PJ wants to kill herself or something else big happens.i am not so happy with.this book but i hope the third one is a bit better.
Ashley Hackenmiller
Mar 12, 2010 Ashley Hackenmiller rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Review here:

LOVE comments <3
Dec 01, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult-teen
Read for professional review.
Jun 15, 2011 Abbey rated it liked it
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
Rebecca rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Ray marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
Hayley marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Raye (The Tree Reader)
Raye (The Tree Reader) marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
thepowerofbooks marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Adddd__ is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2016
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Dallas Achhammer
Dallas Achhammer marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Mel rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2016
Virna marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Savannah Avery
Savannah Avery marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Pinar marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Mandy marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Beautiful Americans 2 9 Jun 26, 2010 03:15AM
  • Castration Celebration
  • A Thirst for Home: A Story of Water across the World
  • So Many Boys (The Naughty List, #2)
  • Flash
  • Subway Girl
  • The Lost Sister (Sisters of Misery, #2)
  • Watch for Me by Moonlight (The Midnight Twins, #3)
  • Girl Stays in the Picture (Girl, #1)
  • DupliKate
  • Taken by Storm (Taken by Storm, #1)
  • The Comeback
  • Split
  • The Immortal: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #1)
  • Pure
  • Adam Canfield, Watch Your Back!
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
  • One Lonely Degree
  • The Tear Collector
Lucy Silag is the author of the Beautiful Americans novels for young adults (Razorbill/Penguin) and has written for many publications including Salon, Allure, New York magazine, Real Simple Travel, The Iowa Review, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Globe and Mail in Canada, and the Independent on Sunday magazine in the UK. She is a graduate of the Women’s Studies program at UC Santa Cruz and holds ...more
More about Lucy Silag...

Beautiful Americans (3 books)
  • Beautiful Americans (Beautiful Americans, #1)
  • Experienced (Beautiful Americans, #3)