Start by marking “The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #2)

The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2 (Dark-Hunter Manga #2)

4.33  ·  Rating Details ·  1,500 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
In the war against vampires, mankind has only one hope: The Dark-Hunters. Ancient warriors who died of brutal betrayal, the Dark-Hunters have sworn themselves into the service of the goddess Artemis to protect us.

It's a pact with pretty good perks. Immortality, power, psychic abilities, wealth and a cool wardrobe. But it comes with a few drawbacks: fatal sun poisoning and
Published March 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2

Ivy
I would have to say that I like the manga versions of the Dark Hunter novels. They're sort of hard to read though. Like finding were to go next to read. It was nice to wait all the characters looked like.
Bry
Dec 04, 2011 Bry rated it liked it
This was an interesting volume in the series. It wraps up the plot line for Kyrian and Amanda and Desiderius. This review wasn't as good as the first though. There were a lot more errors, mainly grammar ones and instances here the dialogue was in the wrong bubbles so Kyrian would ask himself a question. LOL!

The plot got a bit confusing to me - I still don't really understand the climax of the book and how it was solved but oh well. It was still entertaining I guess. I am going to read the rest
J'aime
Aug 08, 2011 J'aime rated it it was amazing
The manga adaptation of Kenyon's Dark-Hunter paranormal romance series is very well done. It looks as though two manga will equate to each novel. This is very reasonable. The stories are necessarily edited to accommodate the different medium, but are not short-changed in the process. I do wish that the titles conveyed which books were being adapted rather than just doing numbered volumes. D-H volumes 1 and 2 are adapted from "Night Pleasures." Highly recommended.
Jennette
Oct 13, 2015 Jennette rated it it was amazing
Loved it amazing story can't wait to read more!!!
Christine
May 19, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
I've been reading graphic novels for a couple of years now, but reading these Dark-Hunter graphic novels was my first time reading manga. It's very similar to reading 'regular' graphic novels, except that manga is read from the 'back' of the book to the 'front' and from right to left across the page. This took a little getting used to, but really wasn't that big of a deal. Don't let it dissuade you from picking up this series.. it's a super fun way to revisit an all time favorite paranormal ...more
Jessica
May 05, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is going to mirror the review I left for volume one, since I read both in one sitting, and it is a cohesive story arc:

I was a slacker fan and didn’t pick up the first volume, which came out last year, until I saw volume two, which released this March, on the shelf. Fortunate me! I got the whole of this story arc in one sitting. The first two manga books cover the story of Kyrian of Thrace, whose story Sherrilyn initially told in Night Pleasures. Now I’m going to share why this series is a g
Ashley
Mar 10, 2010 Ashley rated it liked it
The second volume of The Dark-Hunters, a manga adaptation of Sherrilyn Kenyon's immensely popular Dark-Hunter series, picks up right where the second volume left off, with Kyrian's powers in peril and Desidirus (sp?) still up to his evil shenanigans. In this volume, we also see more of Talon, and Acheron the Dark-Hunteriest himself makes his debut.

Because I read the book this adaptation is based on (Night Pleasures) in the down-time between the first volume and this one, I read this second volum
Tanya
Apr 25, 2010 Tanya rated it liked it
This volume of the Dark-Hunter manga, while vastly improved over the first, could still use improvement. The artwork has improved (the depiction of Artemis is quite good). The characters are more expressive. The backgrounds are less sparse and more detailed (though still overly simplistic many times). However, overall, while it is improving ... the artwork is still very novice. Hopefully, though, the upward trend will continue with future volumes.

The story, while sticking quite faithfully to the
Kristi
Nov 11, 2012 Kristi rated it liked it
This is the second volume in the Dark-Hunter manga... obviously since it has "volume 2" on the cover!

These manga's are based on the paranormal romance series of the same name and by the same author. I don't have much to say about it, except that is was fun. I'll probably continue to read the series, they aren't all that bad. Kinda neat. A lot different from my normal reads.

I'm not exactly all that sure how to feel about a manga in general. This is the only series I've ever read, so I'm not even
Jess
Aug 09, 2012 Jess rated it liked it
Mini-Manga-Review Pt. 2:

True facts, Nick's character get's a complete redesign from the first volume in the series. In the original books, he's a streetwise, French Cajun, little punk. In the first manga he looks something like this...
where's my sax intro music?

It's very 90s, but at least his character looks somewhat similar to the original description. By the end of this book though, someone must have said to the artist that in later volumes Nick SPOILERS SPOILING SPOLIERPOO (view spoiler)
Louise
Nov 29, 2015 Louise rated it liked it
An enjoyable conclusion to the story begun in volume one, however unlike the first volume I definitely felt I was missing a lot of the story in this format with the second volume. The first part sped along enjoyably, but with this one I had to go back and forth a few times and re-read parts to try and find where I had missed an action or change of setting (aside also from a few speech bubbles that connected to the wrong speaker), which interrupted the flow of the story. I also would have had no ...more
Chelsea Johnson
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Commenting on the cover: WTF?!

What's wrong you might ask? Let me offer you a list:
--Ash's hair is supposed to be GREEN; it's specifically mentioned IN THE STORY!!!
--Why is Simi on the cover? She hasn't even been introduced in the series yet.
--There's discrepancies between the Nick on the cover and the Nick in the story; the Nick on this cover matches the Nick in The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1. Why wasn't there consistency?
--Could we maybe have put Amanda on the cover instead
Jilly
Dec 30, 2011 Jilly rated it really liked it
This really is a continuing story and it is pretty much covering everything we read in the book form but it if just really enjoyable to read and see. I love the artwork and I adore the writing as I did in the books. I have seriously enjoyed this one and the first and am wondering if Kenyon plans to go through the entire series (which is quite long) or if she's just going to snatches of it. I wouldn't mind this story continuing through several Dark-Hunters (as I remember it doing) and then maybe ...more
LastBreath
Mar 02, 2015 LastBreath rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, vampire, 5-stars
Why 5-stars?

Because Acheron made an appearance.

Because the great Gods & Goddessees fight their eternal battles thru mere humans.

Because Talon, the awesome Celtic Warrior, is just one reason why I'd be a Gator"shifter.

Because I'm now on the hunt for this graphic novel in written form.

Because I let my Starbucks latte get cold.

Because Tabitha kicks ass.

Because Amanda crossed over.

Because I know what I like.

The End
Jada Machen
Jan 10, 2012 Jada Machen rated it it was amazing
i love this because of thee action and and the way the writer really gives the character there own voice and it was so funny and also she show the goods and goddess and the vampire story and some how blended it together and made it in to a very good story this is one of my favorite book well because i like vampires all in all this was a excellent book.
Catherine
Jan 29, 2015 Catherine rated it really liked it
I never expected these books to covert so well to the manga format. But they work, impressively so.
These characters despite being not human are relateable. As I find all of Sherrilyn Kenyon's to be. Mandy is certainly not a damsel in distress and Kyrian is not your average immortal. Even his baggage is inventive.
Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton
This is the continuation of book 1. People always ask me why I read the books after reading a graphic novel. I always say its because if I like the graphic novel than I am sure I will love the book.
Stacy
Dec 23, 2015 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, menyon
The last half of Night Pleasures and a lot of fun to read after you've read the novel. For some reason they drastically changes how Nick looks between the first volume and this one, even though both volumes make up the same book.
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Mar 13, 2015 Unapologetic_Bookaholic rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dark Hunter series
Volume 2 in The Dark Hunters manga series finishes Kyrian's story. I enjoyed being able to read both volumes at once. I may or may not wait to buy Volumes 3 and 4 [to come out together, so I won't have to wait:].
Srisurang
Jun 26, 2010 Srisurang rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I'm a fan of DH series. This two comics are based on Night Pleasure (Dark Hunter #2). I love the story which was adapted very well. The sharp witty dialogue is still there. But the art work is just OK.
Beccy
The first volume was good but volume two was even better im sad that Kyrain and Amanda rant in volume three it looks like I wanted to read more about them :( after reading the graphic novels it's made me want to read the actual books! :P
Paraphrodite
Jan 02, 2016 Paraphrodite rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Volume 2 is the conclusion of Night Pleasures featuring Kyrian and Amanda. Manga is an interesting concept but I think it's hard to convey all the subtleties of the actual book. But still, a short and entertaining way to get into the Dark Hunter world.
Duxcaelo
Sep 19, 2012 Duxcaelo rated it liked it
Ashley
Jun 08, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
It just gets better! The first one was good, and this one is amazing! I couldn't stop squealing when Ash appeared. Man, I love this manga, seriously.
Remmy
Nov 23, 2014 Remmy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I'm very entertained by these, fun characters and story. The art is fun as well as nicely done! Looking forward to reading more.
Erin Newton
Dec 30, 2015 Erin Newton rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable installment. Too many typos in this. Wish they could be in color but the drawing is still fantastic in black and white.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This was okay, good but okay. Then it got weird in some moments. Still, the art is good, okay but good. I do like the covers for these. Reminds me of Tokyo Pop for some reason.
Elizabethrose
Mar 20, 2016 Elizabethrose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I just love these books and their illustrations. I plan on rereading the entire series and the first two volumes make me want to start right now
Kim
Sep 09, 2010 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not as accessible as the first volume, which I read a while ago. It seemed like there were errors in the text, and the action was a bit jumpier.
Fangirl Musings
Nov 30, 2014 Fangirl Musings rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Recommended to Fangirl by: Favorite Author/Series
Again, another awesome edition! The DH world and characters were so well done, and I'm TERRIBLY psyched about reading Volume 3!!!
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Trinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars, Volume 3: Empress of the Night
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 15 (Vampire Game, #15)
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Hags, Sirens, and Other Bad Girls of Fantasy
  • Demon Blood (The Guardians, #6)
  • The Dragon Society (Obsidian Chronicles, #2)
  • Sensual Phrase, Vol. 14
  • The Darkest Night 1 (Lords of the Underworld #1.1)
  • Sword and Sorceress XX
  • Hero Heel, Volume 02
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Box Set
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunter Manga (4 books)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 3 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #3)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 4 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #4)