Start by marking “Intimate Conversations: Devotions to Nurture a Woman's Soul” as Want to Read:
Intimate Conversations: Devotions to Nurture a Woman's Soul

Intimate Conversations: Devotions to Nurture a Woman's Soul

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  22 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
All women need strong relationships to sustain them. But the one relationship that often gets forgotten in the craziness of everyday life is the most important one of all - the one they have with God. This title features 52 devotions that address real life issues that women deal with.
Published September 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Intimate Conversations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimate Conversations

Jane Maritz
Oct 04, 2009 Jane Maritz rated it really liked it
You know how sometimes it seems a topic keeps jumping out at you in everything you read? For a while, it was "balance." Now, it's "fear." This book isn't specifically about fear, but there is plenty in it that deals with the subject... So maybe I need to do a little in-depth thinking on it!

Overview

Intimate Conversations: Devotions to Nurture a Woman's Soul is a book of 52 devotions especially for women. Each devotion has an inspirational reading, an applicable Bible text, and a set of questions
Kaylea
Jun 02, 2010 Kaylea rated it liked it
Are you tired? Thirsty? Do you desire something warm and toasty - like a cup of hot chocolate for your soul?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may want to pick up Alicia Britt Chole's newest book, "Intimate Conversations: Devotions to Nurture A Woman's Soul."

Through 52 devotions, Chole tackles a variety of subjects, all with one theme - things that stop us from fulfilling our desire for a deeper, richer relationship with Jesus Christ.

Chole sums up her thoughts surrounding thi
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Oct 01, 2009 Holly (2 Kids and Tired) rated it really liked it
I thought this was a delightful little book. It shares 52 devotions, with themes that cover, among others: time, faith, trials, disappointment, family, love, and truth. Each devotion is short and includes vignettes, scriptures and thoughts to ponder.

It easily fits into a purse and these devotions are short enough to read while waiting in a car for your children, or long enough to ponder while sitting at home with a cup of cocoa. I found it thought-provoking and relevant to my life as a busy mom
Stephanie Birgel
Dec 30, 2009 Stephanie Birgel rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this little book. The main themes of time, faith, trials, disappointment, family, love, and truth seem to hit at the right time and place every time I picked it up to read. It was an easy read as each devotion was short and sweet. The additional vignettes and scriptures were enriching and kept me thinking well after I'd finished reading. Definitly will recommend to all my friends!

Samantha Cutler
Sep 18, 2012 Samantha Cutler rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Samantha by: First Reads
Shelves: first-reads
This is not only a fantastic devotional, but also an incredible book. It shows another side to spending time with God that most people are not aware of. This book uses everday occurances and situations to inspire readers to reflect on the power and amazing love of God and also to draw closer to him in a more intimate relationship.
I received my copy of this novel from Goodreads First Reads.
Jamie
Nov 05, 2009 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This devotional was so refreshing and beautifully written. I love the application questions at the end of each chapter. I found myself longing to pick up this book and read more every day. It's one I'll revisit often, I think.
Michele Minor
Oct 11, 2009 Michele Minor rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a good devotional book that can appeal to all women not just to mothers. I as a single young woman was able to get something from the book even though her primary audience is mothers of young children.
Stephanie Yoder
Stephanie Yoder marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Melissa Darsey
Melissa Darsey marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Gini
Gini marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Rebecca Johnston
Rebecca Johnston marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Shaina
Shaina marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Kj
Kj rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
CLA
CLA marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Jen Mickelson
Jen Mickelson rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Fyona
Fyona is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2014
vickie myers
vickie myers rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Trenace N. Richardson
Trenace N. Richardson marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Lauren Jackson
Lauren Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Lesa Day
Lesa Day marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Cynthia Miranda
Cynthia Miranda marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Sammy Danso
Sammy Danso marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Whether in person or in print, Alicia's voice carries an invitation to walk with God anew. A former atheist, her love for God and His Word overflows to bring ancient truth to life.

Often described as a captivating communicator, Alicia speaks, writes, mentors, and serves as the founding director of Leadership Investment Intensives, Inc, a non-profit devoted to providing personal soul-care to leaders
More about Alicia Britt Chole...