Start by marking “The Last Street Novel” as Want to Read:
The Last Street Novel

The Last Street Novel

The Last Street Novel tells the tale of Shareef Crawford, successful African American author of steamy romances, and his journey home to Harlem, where a search for literary inspiration leaves him in the crossfire of a world of thugs and their deadly turf battles.
Besieged with more material than he could have imagined, Crawford must fight for his life before he can even be
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published July 17th 2007 by Tantor Media (first published June 13th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Street Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Street Novel

Monique
So had this book for a while, even checked out for a friend of mine but never got around to reading it..To be honest the first chapter really didnt grab me as it starts off in a warehouse with some thugs torturing and killing a man..You find out later who, what and why but it wasnt the best intro..I would have preferred Omar Tyree just start the book by introducing one of the most interesting male characters in a hood novel ever--the main character of the book, best-selling romance author Sharee ...more
Adrienna
Jan 06, 2009 Adrienna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Listening to this on audio (ipod) from the library.

It started out real slow, but when I got to the part of the book where he is talking to one of the women he slept with after a book signing in Harlem...she was trying to convince Shareef Crawford to write a novel about a hood thug in jail. I like how he uses the contrast of hip hop music (only people can handle the club songs and not the revoluntary, historical stuff) and as a novelist (only focus on what is entertaining and sales, not the surre
Kiexiza
Nov 25, 2008 Kiexiza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Recommended to Kiexiza by: AAMBC
THIS BOOK TOOK ME BY SURPRISE> THE FIRST CHAPTER I HAD TO PUT IT DOWN> I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ANOTHER GANGSTA STREET VIOLENCE NOVEL> and when i received the same book a few months later as a gift from my book club, i decided maybe i should read it a little further.
Im glad i did!
Drama, intensity, on the edge of my seat, yelling at a book good.
So much about this story had me going. From why he would go to jail to meet with someone about a future book with so much little back ground was ama
Sonia Brewster
Aug 15, 2013 Sonia Brewster rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had purchased this book quite some time ago and had not read it because it seemed that Omar had changed up the entire demeanor of his books. Whereas I like the 'real deal' urban books.....it just seems that his has taken a turn away from where he began. Either way, overall the book was good once you got past the slow start and could begin to relate to the characters.
Maya Hollinshead
When I read this book last year, I didn't like it. I got a chance to meet Omar Tyree and he talked about how his life has changed since Flyy Girl and that he wants to change his writing style (to be more mainstream). I understand the book more now that he has said that, but it's still not one of my favorites from him.
Dacia
Feb 17, 2016 Dacia rated it really liked it
Ok. It kept my interest so it was pretty good, I guess. I don't know if I would have liked it as much if I was reading it and not listening to the audio version. The narrator was really good. I used to really like Omar Tyree, but I think I have outgrown him.
Christine
Jul 30, 2008 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suprisingly good. Omar took a different lane with his writing & I wasn't disappointed.
Iasia
Apr 20, 2012 Iasia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i immensely enjoyed reading this book the way it started out seems like a plot from a movie and it grabbed me from there on out
Angel
Aug 12, 2012 Angel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omar Tyree needs to work on his craft his books have no plots, twist his stories borning I am longer gonna read his books
David
Jan 09, 2009 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ended up liking this book a lot more than I thought I would. I almost gave up on it on more than one occasion. Nevertheless, it turned out to be more insightful and engrossing as I read on.
Seekina Mcmillan
I absolutely loved this book!!! It kept me turning pages because of suspense!!!!
Vacirca Vaughn
Vacirca Vaughn rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Megan Nelson
Megan Nelson rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2010
Kami
Kami rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2009
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Keesha
Keesha rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2009
Sarynna
Sarynna rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Latisha
Latisha rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2011
Bobbiedee
Bobbiedee rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2011
Anthony
Anthony rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
Eden
Eden rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2011
Jo Lee
Jo Lee rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2011
Eyona Mitchell
Eyona Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2013
Ms. Independent
Ms. Independent rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2008
Muttix
Muttix rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2008
KaTreshia Cooksey
KaTreshia Cooksey rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2017
Gabbie G
Gabbie G rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2011
Punkin
Punkin rated it liked it
May 09, 2012
  • Pipe Dream (Strivers Row)
  • Waking with Enemies (Gideon Series #2)
  • Still Dirty (Dirty Red #2)
  • Deadly Reigns II (Deadly Reigns #2)
  • Wicked Ways
  • Never Say Never
  • Acting Out
  • Loose Ends
  • Dice
Omar Tyree, a New York Times best-selling author, a 2001 NAACP Image Award recipient for Outstanding Literature in Fiction, and a 2006 Phillis Wheatley Literary Award winner for Body of Work in Urban Fiction, has published 16 books and has sold nearly 2 million copies worldwide that has generated more than $30 million.
With a degree in Print Journalism from Howard University in 1991, Tyree has bee
More about Omar Tyree...

“read somewhere that victory goes to the man who is most prepared to win. Well, I’m prepared to win. But I can’t speak for these other guys. You know what I mean? Let each man speak for himself.” 1 likes