Start by marking “The Last Street Novel” as Want to Read:
The Last Street Novel

The Last Street Novel

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Last Street Novel tells the tale of Shareef Crawford, successful African American author of steamy romances, and his journey home to Harlem, where a search for literary inspiration leaves him in the crossfire of a world of thugs and their deadly turf battles.
Besieged with more material than he could have imagined, Crawford must fight for his life before he can even be
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published July 17th 2007 by Tantor Media (first published June 13th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Street Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Street Novel

Adrienna
Listening to this on audio (ipod) from the library.

It started out real slow, but when I got to the part of the book where he is talking to one of the women he slept with after a book signing in Harlem...she was trying to convince Shareef Crawford to write a novel about a hood thug in jail. I like how he uses the contrast of hip hop music (only people can handle the club songs and not the revoluntary, historical stuff) and as a novelist (only focus on what is entertaining and sales, not the surre
Monique
So had this book for a while, even checked out for a friend of mine but never got around to reading it..To be honest the first chapter really didnt grab me as it starts off in a warehouse with some thugs torturing and killing a man..You find out later who, what and why but it wasnt the best intro..I would have preferred Omar Tyree just start the book by introducing one of the most interesting male characters in a hood novel ever--the main character of the book, best-selling romance author Sharee ...more
Kiexiza
Nov 25, 2008 Kiexiza rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Recommended to Kiexiza by: AAMBC
THIS BOOK TOOK ME BY SURPRISE> THE FIRST CHAPTER I HAD TO PUT IT DOWN> I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ANOTHER GANGSTA STREET VIOLENCE NOVEL> and when i received the same book a few months later as a gift from my book club, i decided maybe i should read it a little further.
Im glad i did!
Drama, intensity, on the edge of my seat, yelling at a book good.
So much about this story had me going. From why he would go to jail to meet with someone about a future book with so much little back ground was ama
Sonia Brewster
I had purchased this book quite some time ago and had not read it because it seemed that Omar had changed up the entire demeanor of his books. Whereas I like the 'real deal' urban books.....it just seems that his has taken a turn away from where he began. Either way, overall the book was good once you got past the slow start and could begin to relate to the characters.
David
I ended up liking this book a lot more than I thought I would. I almost gave up on it on more than one occasion. Nevertheless, it turned out to be more insightful and engrossing as I read on.
Iasia
i immensely enjoyed reading this book the way it started out seems like a plot from a movie and it grabbed me from there on out
Angel
Omar Tyree needs to work on his craft his books have no plots, twist his stories borning I am longer gonna read his books
Darren
this was a good good book and this would be one of my books that i would like to read again.
Sheryl Boyce
This book took me a minute to finish reading it. It didn't really flow like his other books.
Christine
Suprisingly good. Omar took a different lane with his writing & I wasn't disappointed.
Seekina Mcmillan
I absolutely loved this book!!! It kept me turning pages because of suspense!!!!
Kiki H
OK Novel. A little too street for me but it held it's story line.
Carly
Another book I did not want to put down! So good!
Aszhura Evans
this book was so good i wasn't able to put it down
Mary Thomas
Dec 28, 2007 Mary Thomas added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no
Boring
Courtney Williams
Courtney Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Lurline Freemantle
Lurline Freemantle marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Ronieshea Miller
Ronieshea Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Shirlie Baines
Shirlie Baines marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Detra Thompson
Detra Thompson marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Kimber
Kimber marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Tyrone Davis
Tyrone Davis marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
  • Pipe Dream (Strivers Row)
  • Dying for Revenge
  • Deadly Reigns II (Deadly Reigns #2)
  • Low Down and Dirty: A Novel
  • Never Say Never
  • The Naked Truth
  • A Woman's Worth
  • She Had It Coming
Omar Tyree, a New York Times best-selling author, a 2001 NAACP Image Award recipient for Outstanding Literature in Fiction, and a 2006 Phillis Wheatley Literary Award winner for Body of Work in Urban Fiction, has published 16 books and has sold nearly 2 million copies worldwide that has generated more than $30 million.
With a degree in Print Journalism from Howard University in 1991, Tyree has bee
More about Omar Tyree...
Flyy Girl For the Love of Money A Do Right Man Leslie Just Say No!