Start by marking “Love, Jamie (Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love, Jamie (Love, #1)

Love, Jamie (Love #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  337 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Will Jamie and Grant's new and exciting love for each other be able to withstand Donnie's violent acts of jealousy? Jamie Taylor meets Grant Stevens through his work as a tech at a physical rehabilitation facility. Sparks ensue and Grant comes out of the closet for Jamie. Things would be just great if it wasn't for the fact that Jamie has this stalker problem. The administ...more
Published March 23rd 2009 by Total E- Bound

To ask other readers questions about Love, Jamie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Jamie

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonFish & Chips by Abigail Roux
The Best of Gay Romance
241st out of 2,198 books — 2,242 voters
Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleTigers and Devils by Sean KennedyThe Dark Tide by Josh LanyonLove & Loyalty by Tere MichaelsI'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose
Best M/M Romance Published in 2009
113th out of 195 books — 400 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
This is either my second or third book I have read that was written by this author. It is my favorite one I have read by him (her?) so far. One thing I really like about this author writings, is the way the heroes are portrayed. They are always good people that are looking to whatever they can to help others. In some ways, Miles’ heroes are too good to be true, but I still like them immensely.

Jamie Taylor works hard to help others. As a tech for a local rehabilitation center, he is working his w...more
Jack
Jun 05, 2009 Jack rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jack by: Daisiemae, Erotic Horizon
Shelves: favorites, series
Jamie Taylor is a caretaker. Loved by all of the patients at the facility he works at, he gives himself willingly and unselfishly to those in his life and the patients he works with.

When Jamie is asked to help a new patient adjust to his current circumstances living at the rehabilitation center, Jamie naturally agrees. The minute he and the new patient Grant lay eyes on one another, they feel an immediate affinity for one another.

Grant easily learns to trust and rely on Jamie and Jamie becomes...more
Shayne
Jun 05, 2009 Shayne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shayne by: Daisiemae
Loved the obvious love and affection Jamie and Grant had for one another. Can't wait to read more by this author.
Erotic Horizon
Character

Jamie Taylor – The guy with the personality to match the lovely face he has. Works at what he loves and he loves everyone he works with – and they love him right back – some more than others.

Grant Stevens – Feeling low and dishearten by the turn his life has taken, he is alone and feeling it – when a miracle happen, he’s not even sure what was happening – he only knows he has to hold on and never let go.

The Plot

Jamie Taylor works as a tech in a rehabilitation facility and not only does...more
Nick
I enjoyed the way Jamie and Grant's relationship developed. This book was more sweet and romantic than I thought it was going to be. Jamie is an unusual hero because he is such a nice man.
He's someone I would be proud to take home to Mom.
Loved it.
Maggie
I love it when nice guys finish first. Jamie and Grant's relationship was amazing. Loved how they became friends, then lovers. The mutual respect and love for one another, made this book on of my all-time favorites.
Jenna Byrnes
Jamie Taylor is a hunky, handsome, all around nice guy who works at a physical rehab centre. He takes excellent care of his patients and minds his own business. When Grant Stevens checks into the facility, Jamie has dreams and fantasies, but would never compromise a patient or his position. But once Jamie finds out Grant wants him, too, watch out!

Love, Jamie was an enjoyable read with a great title (snicker) which called to me from the virtual bookshelf. AKM Miles has created vivid, likable char...more
Stacy
I think, out of 583 books I've rated, I have only given 15 or so "5 Star" ratings, so I don't do the "it was amazing" easily. I absolutely adored this book. I liked how Love Jamie didn't have all of the back and forth drama which seems to be the focus in so many other romances.

Now, I'm off to cruise the rest of AKM Miles books......

Lindsay
Apr 29, 2009 Lindsay rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lindsay by: Daisiemae
This was a very sweet and sexy book. I really loved it and look forward to reading more by this author.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I started reading this a few months ago so I just picked this back up. My memory is a little hazy on the beginning of the book but from what I do remember is was just about Jamie and Grant getting to know each other. I believe I put it down around the time that Donnie started to threaten Grant (view spoiler).

I liked the characters. Jamie and Grant were sweet to each other. They're very likable characters. Of course, who wouldn't li...more
Valentina Heart
I've read other books from this author, so I really wanted to rate it with at least three stars. But in all honesty, I didn't like this book. It took me a whole year to finish it, and I'm not that slow when it comes to reading. I must have picked it up 15 times and never could read more than a few pages.
The story started good, and up to a point where it became obvious Donnie is going to be a problem I was intrigued by the story. But once I realized exactly how it's going to go, I lost all intere...more
Nikki
I did not like this book at all. Jamie was like that cousin or aunt that everyone has who over-talks everything and will not shut the hell up. The issue with D,the stalker and what eventually happens is so unrealistic. Not recommended.
Gabbi
I adored Jamie and Grant's relationship. I thought the steady buildup they had from friends to lovers was perfectly paced and I loved every moment they had together.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Sweet , lovey-dovey, feel good story. But I think i could have done without the Donnie storyline completely and enjoyed it more.
Curtis
Jamie is a technician working in a rehab facility while studying to become a physical therapist. When a new patient, Grant, shows up and sparks Jamie's interest, he truly believes this could be the start of something - especially when Grant comes out and makes it know the attraction is mutual. But when jealous Donnie, the son of Jamie's boss, makes it clear he thinks Jamie belongs to him, will they be able to weather the storm?

While I could definitely see the sweetness intended in the relationsh...more
Tracy
May 16, 2011 Tracy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I liked it, but I'm not sure it's gonna be one of the go-to books when I'm in a certain mood and want to read a certain kind of book. I really liked Jamie and Grant, Jamie's dog Brit, and Miss Wilhelmina. Obviously didn't like Stalker-Boy Donnie. And I don't particularly have anything against Insta-Love, but somehow, the pace was a bit fast for me. This came in at 146 pages on my eReader, and I think it coul have been half again as long and worked much better for me. I think I would have liked t...more
True
When I started reading this book I wasn't in a very good mood, but not that far into it I found myself smiling. I enjoyed this book from start to finish. I am also a HUGE animal lover so I admit that my fave' parts were with Brit. I liked him enough to want to name my next dog that Lol. You will see what I mean once you read the book. I would recommend this book for someone who wants a good smile, some laughs, and some suspense (crazy stalker dude) thrown into the mix.
Oh and keep in mind that t...more
Candice
I struggled to finish this. I am sorry, I hate to say that, but it's true. I ended up skipping a lot of the sex and kind of just rushing to the end to find out what happens.

Would you like some wine to go with that cheese? Because , seriously, this was CHEESY! Syrupy. OH MY GOD, was it syrupy.

Almost from the minute Grant was introduced, I knew it was going to be a wordy declaration of love book. It made me laugh at times, because do people really talk like that...every other time they open thei...more
pbj
Not what I expected from AKM Miles whose work I normally really like.
Not a bad book, but weirdly boring and stilted. A lot of time seems to pass with nothing happening. The general 'everyday-ness' of the MC's lives is repeatedly interrupted by a stalker who is apparently a brain surgeon given his capacity to hide from law-enforcement for weeks at a time while striking at will.
In one of the stranger bits of 'lazy-author-itis', we get one paragraph from the stalker's POV - and that's it. Very odd....more
Dena
Apr 11, 2014 Dena rated it 3 of 5 stars
2.75*
FloJ
Oh dear oh dear where was the spell checker on page 58? 'Swave amd deboner" the latter had me worrying about their health, and then it twigged. - Suave and Debonair!!!!!!

And now that is the end of all the AKM Miles I know about. Sigh. I am not sure if I know ANYONE in real life who is as nice as her characters are, but I sure wish i did.
Gabriella
This is my first book by a AKM Miles, so after reading some of the great reviews and looking at the blurb I was expecting a good read. Boy was I wrong! While I liked Jamie and Grant, I couldn't get past the bad writing and trite dialogue. In the end, even though it's not a long novel, I had to force myself to finish it.
TF
Nov 16, 2012 TF marked it as dnf
I liked this book fine up until all the blah blah blah started. There where soooo many comments and phrases about love and other feelings that I wanted to throw up. Seriously I'm a girl and would never even think of haft the romantic twaddle these two men uttered, please.
Jordan Brewer
Love Jamie is sweet and warm. The characters are developed and revealed to the reader and to each other by facing a serious problem together. Miles gets the details right from Jamie's workplace and duties to details of law enforcement operation. I highly recommend it.
Jo
Another one I couldn't be bothered finishing by AKM Miles. Clearly this author has an audience- 8 books after all- but I'm not one of them. Dull. Mawkish and dull, and even the stalker didn't liven it up.
Mandy
Jun 26, 2014 Mandy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Heartwarming love story...Finding the right one for you
Tracy
this was a hard read for me, I just did not enjoy it as much as the preface made it sound as if I would, I have the next one Love Grant, hoping it will be better
Merry
No. That's all I can say.
  • Second Sight
  • Beyond the Norm
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Letting In the Light
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Alternative Treatment
  • Precious Ache
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • A Man for Michael
Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1) Something for Santa For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3) Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2) Dare To