Pluto, 03 (Pluto, #3)

Pluto, 03 (Pluto #3)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,210 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Pada masa robot dan manusia hidup berdampingan, terjadi pembunuhan sadis terhadap sejumlah manusia dan robot berkemampuan tinggi.

Siapakah pembunuhnya, manusia atau robot?

Detektif Gesicht -robot Europol- berusaha menyelidiki kasus ini.
Published March 2009 by M&C (first published March 24th 2006)

Anthony Chavez
This volume is more of a commentary on 'how human are humans' when interacting with robots. The series has started exploring the nature of the dividing line between robots and humans, and the impact of high functioning AIs (like Gesicht) on human society, and the introduction of a group not unlike the Ku Klux Klan that's sole purpose is to destroy and eradicate robots' existense.

Vol. 03, unlike the first two volumes focuses on character development, and of the newly introduced sister of Atom, U...more
Alan
Recommended (and owned by) Vic. Good choice!

I'm only on volume 3 of 8, so some way to go yet, but the characterisation, plot and drawing is great so far. I won't comment on the art, that's not really my thing, other than to say that if is not a difficult manga visually; the layout is clear and strong, and most characters are differentiated well visually.

The plot is an interesting take on a common SF theme: the place of human-like robots within human society, developing many of the themes started...more
Hengtee
The story of Uran and the homeless person is the real highlight of this third book. Though the book gets bogged down a little in the middle, with the further mystery of Gesicht, his past, and then the back story for the man out to kill him, it finishes on just the right note. The introduction of a new character in Epsilon opens the way for some more interesting story, and the last two or three chapters shed a little light on some things, but reveal just as much shadow underneath what's now been...more
Gilwen
Moins centré sur Gesicht, ce troisième tome laisse le devant la scène à certains de ses compagnons, au nombre desquels Astro et sa charmante petite sœur Uran, ainsi que la mystérieuse Epsilon. Ces figures secondaires se développent avec finesse et permettent à l'intrigue de progresser. Grâce à cela, Pluto se révèle enfin, tout comme celui qui en tire les ficelles. Le lecteur n'est pas plus avancé pour autant, car ces révélations amènent toujours plus de questions. Cela n'empêche pas de se plonge...more
Philippe Lhoste
Une excellente surprise.
Je connaissais le dessinateur, Naoki Urusawa, pour son Yawara! (j'ai quelques tomes en japonais) et son 20th Century Boys (premiers tomes trouvés à la bibliothèque). Je connais et apprécie aussi Osamu Tezuka, bien sûr, depuis l'univers futuriste d'Astro Boy (quelques tomes japonais, la série TV diffusée en France) jusqu'à Princesse Saphir (Ribbon no Kishi), Black Jack, l'hilarant Don Dracula, les super-oiseaux, et plein d'autres encore.

Le mélange ici est détonnant. Urusaw...more
Charles
Jeff Lanter
I appreciate how the cast is expanding ever further and many of the new characters are very intriguing. The KR and especially, Adolf, feel like they could exist if robots were more prominent today. I'm bumping the score up to five stars because I feel like Pluto has finally hit the emotional impact I always hope for in a great story.
Sasy Gould
De los 3 tomos que llevo leídos me ha resultado el más interesante y el que más ha avanzado en la trama. A ver qué pasa ahora.
Tyler
Each one has been better than the last. This is an absolute treat to read. Can't wait to start 004.
Sean
I have to say that I love this series. This volume picks up the action with a bang. As I have stated before, it is amazing to find so much emotional weight with "robots". As direct parallels to race issues, this is like mix of film noir and civil rights issues all in one book. The art is fantastic and the story is truly gripping. This is a series that I will eventually own. If you have never read a manga before, please pick up Pluto.
Mikael Kuoppala
The third volume of "Pluto" shifts the focus from characters and plot to politics and allegories. All of these elements have been strongly present from the beginning of the story- and none are forgotten this time either- but these chapters are slightly more broad and analytical in tone than the ones that have come before. Still completely titillating stuff.
Lissibith
This volume put the mystery in a bit of a backseat and gave the politics of the world the main spotlight. How do humans view robots? How do robots see their relationship to humans, both in the concrete sense and in the metaphorical sense? What makes a robot "human" and what makes a human human? Great character development.
Charliesabers
A great series. Read the whole book, in a couple of days. It is a reworking of the core concepts of Astro Boy, but with darker, grittier and more philosophical. It questions what it means to be human, and what it means for robots to be "perfect". The pacing is great, the characters likeable, and the art amazing. A great read.
sweet pea
i liked this volume a little less, but still love the series. love Uran. perfect bratty little sister robot. i find the introduction of the secret society KR and of the enlightened Epsilon tiresome. but i have faith they will play out in interesting ways as the series continues.
Raúl
Tomo un poco más tranquilo (un poco, tampoco demasiado) en el que nos presentan a Uran y a Épsilon y nos revelan detalles inquietantes sobre Pluto y la organización en contra de los robots.
A cada tomo que pasa me va pareciendo más redondo este manga. Creo que no podría ser más perfecto.
Brittany
4.5 Really really enjoyed this volume loved the character added named Epsilon. Though his looks are so uncannily like Johan from Monster that when he first showed up I almost cringed.
Roberta
A great volume, I it liked as much as the first.
The plot evolves and we learn more about robots and the world in with the story is set.
Earline
Feb 10, 2011 Earline rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Earline by: Lostinorient
Still as awesome as ever.. wondering how this badass-ness is going to last for 8 volumes (and if I'll be able to handle it!)
Matthew
This one hangs a bit compared to the first two, but it seems to be setting up a lot.
Jim
read by itself this would only rank two or three stars, but as part of the series, wow!
Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali
We now know who Pluto is.
Interesting turn of Events. Moving on to Pluto Volume #4.
Stephanie Griffin
Another awesome installment. The art is incredible, the story mesmerizing!
Courtney
Child-like robots who can sense emotional distress? Awesome.
Chris Neumann
This series keeps getting better. Bring on volume 4.
Alicia
Still good, but not as compelling as the last volume
Kate Mowery
This series has taken a turn for the awesome.
Michael David
The awesome keeps on going.
Danielle
And the story gets deeeeper
Dave-O
The plot thickens...
  • Black Jack, Vol. 3
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 2
  • Planetes, Book 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Mushishi, Volume 2
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 5
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex...more
More about Naoki Urasawa...
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1) PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1) 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2) Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 2: Surprise Party (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #2)