Start by marking “Resolve (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #3)” as Want to Read:
Resolve (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #3)

Resolve (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The conclusion of Melissa Marr's manga series set in the world of her bestselling Wicked Lovely novels!

Hidden away from the concerns of the faery and mortal worlds, Rika has treasured the solitude of the desert. But now a threat imperils her desert home—and as a new romance blossoms, so does Rika's determination to face that threat head-on. The time for hiding is over.
Published February 22nd 2011 by HarperCollins / TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Resolve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resolve

Rain Misoa
Mar 29, 2012 Rain Misoa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Wicked Lovely fans and those who are into cute, fun stories... with mush.
Recommended to Rain by: Library
Shelves: manga
This book was a bit difficult to rate. I didn't know whether I wanted to give it a three or a four. A three because I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the second volume... but I did enjoy it and didn't find too many faults in this volume so I just went with a four. Plus, I have been somewhat of a fan of the novels so... I guess I can just say this. If you aren't a huge fan of the series, then I would rate this a three. If you are, a four. Alright onwards!

I can't believe it's over. I was actually
Sassy
I liked seeing Keenan again, and maybe? (kind of?) getting a peek at his trips to desert. (view spoiler) The story line is connected to the Wicked Lovely series and shows that Melissa Marr really knows how to put together a world of not-so-loosely connected characters and do it very well. Again, character development and stro ...more
Jenn Dattilo Watts
Yup it's official. Of the new characters in this short series, Sionnach is my fave. He's cunning and will do whatever it takes to keep his people safe. Almost sounds like Keenan, except that he's never willing to be anything other than what he is: a fox faery who is equally loyal and deceitful. He reminds me quite of bit of Irial, actually.

Also, Donia gives Rika a huge compliment: You would've made a lovely queen. (sighs. I love Donia.) These are a quick read & I'm glad I got them from the l
Cyna
Thank God for Melissa Marr, seriously. In an ocean full of been there-done that - or, as our friend Gwen would say, "Same Shit, Different Author" - Marr's stories have formed an oasis of sorts for us. They're beautiful, tragic, unique, and captivating - Wicked Lovely is one of the best contemporary series out there, not to mention one of our favorites. Which is why we were so very EXCITE to find out that Marr had done a Wicked Lovely manga.

Well, that and because manga is AWESOME.

The best part is
Justine
This is the third book in the Desert Tales graphic novels by Melissa Marr. I had to admit that this was my least favourite of the three. I still love the illustrations, but this instalment of the story wasn't as engaging as the others. I would still recommend this trilogy to graphic novel fans.
fennie
i wasn't really sure what to expect, so i think i was slightly disappointed with the way things ended. it makes sense, but i think i wanted more action, tension, suspense. it all just seemed a little too easy.

as in the first two, i enjoyed seeing the depictions of donia and keenan as well as the rest of the fairy world. i'm still a big fan of rika, although jayce still hangs too much in the background for me. i also find myself liking shy more and more as i learn more about him and what makes hi
Makaela
A decent ending I suppose, but the romance was still horrible.
Joti
Noelle
Apr 10, 2015 Noelle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
They gave alot of information in a short ammount of space. Though I liked how it was done and characters were easier to follow things just don't line up. If keenen was gone for months where was he? Traveling ever where ok.... but how is he then back to don so fast when Tina shows up. I just think it was a whole story in a short ammount of space.
Miss
I honestly have no idea what to say. It wasn't awful? But it wasn't engaging either; this elicited zero emotional response from me. :l Well the Wicked Lovely series has always been hit or miss for me, I wasn't into all of the books either. I guess I'll just slot the manga into the miss category. 2 stars
Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton
Awesome ending to a cute story and great way to segway into the the last book. The art again is fantastic and I feel I get a look at how Donia and Keenan really look in the books. This is a great tribute to the series and anyone who love the series should check it out.
Carmen
Great conclusion to this mini-series! I'm in love with the artwork ^^ I'm so excited this is being adapted into an entire novel (or at least one based on it)! Re-reading vol.2 and then this one made me realize how much I miss Melissa Marr's fairies and their world :(
Karen
Not a huge fan of manga... nor of how Keenan comes off in this series. Glad I finished it since I had read the first two but I won't be revisiting it anytime soon.
Eliza Gieseke
I've read some of it at my library, I haven't gotten to finish it yet, but I want to. I can't wait to Half price has this.
Aine
I love this little trilogy. Sad it's over. I really like Rika and Jayce, and I loved the images of Donia.
Breanna Rose Graham
I loved this volume the best! I love the pictures of Donia, one of my favorite characters.
Monica
I didn't really understand it...kind of confusing plot...
Destiny
Loved the whole series.
Arwen
satisfying
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Sedia Hebert
Sedia Hebert marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Cheyenne Wilber
Cheyenne Wilber marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Georgia  J. Elm
Georgia J. Elm marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
  • The Serpent Awakes (Faerie Path: Lamia's Revenge, #1)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #3)
  • Wicked Pretty Things: 13 Dark Faerie Romances
  • The Tempest
  • eensy-weensyモンスター 1 (Eensy-Weensy Monster, #1)
  • House of Night #4 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • I Love Him to Pieces (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #1)
  • Under His Spell (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #4)
  • City of Bones: The Graphic Novel
  • Made for Each Other (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #2)
  • The Lost Boy (The Iron Witch, #0.5)
  • The Prince of Tennis, Vol. 40
  • Shadowlander (Shadow Sisters, #1)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • わたしに××しなさい! 7 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #7)
  • The Arctic Incident: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Blood Promise: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #4)
5 stars= If I love you, I'll buy you a copy from this list of books. (Pls note, if you are my family or dearest friends, feel free to remind me to do so. I am lousy w remembering birthdays/holidays.)

4 stars= Don't even ask to borrow it. You should prob buy it though.

3= If you borrow it, you better not lose it, mangle it, or keep it too long.

2 or 1 star= I don't use these. If it's not a 3 star or
More about Melissa Marr...

Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales (3 books)
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • Challenge (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #2)
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)