Resolve (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #3)

Resolve (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The conclusion of Melissa Marr's manga series set in the world of her bestselling Wicked Lovely novels!

Hidden away from the concerns of the faery and mortal worlds, Rika has treasured the solitude of the desert. But now a threat imperils her desert home—and as a new romance blossoms, so does Rika's determination to face that threat head-on. The time for hiding is over.
Published February 22nd 2011 by HarperCollins / TokyoPop

Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 by James PattersonMaximum Ride, Vol. 2 by James PattersonMaximum Ride, Vol. 3 by James PattersonMaximum Ride, Vol. 4 by James PattersonVampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Urban Fantasy Graphic Novels
44th out of 67 books — 108 voters
Evermore by Alyson NoelTwilight by Stephenie MeyerWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrWings by Aprilynne PikeBlue Moon by Alyson Noel
Supernatural Series
106th out of 106 books — 133 voters

More lists with this book...

Rain Misoa
Mar 29, 2012 Rain Misoa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Wicked Lovely fans and those who are into cute, fun stories... with mush.
Recommended to Rain by: Library
Shelves: manga
This book was a bit difficult to rate. I didn't know whether I wanted to give it a three or a four. A three because I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the second volume... but I did enjoy it and didn't find too many faults in this volume so I just went with a four. Plus, I have been somewhat of a fan of the novels so... I guess I can just say this. If you aren't a huge fan of the series, then I would rate this a three. If you are, a four. Alright onwards!

I can't believe it's over. I was actually...more
Sassy
I liked seeing Keenan again, and maybe? (kind of?) getting a peek at his trips to desert. (view spoiler) The story line is connected to the Wicked Lovely series and shows that Melissa Marr really knows how to put together a world of not-so-loosely connected characters and do it very well. Again, character development and stro...more
Cyna
Thank God for Melissa Marr, seriously. In an ocean full of been there-done that - or, as our friend Gwen would say, "Same Shit, Different Author" - Marr's stories have formed an oasis of sorts for us. They're beautiful, tragic, unique, and captivating - Wicked Lovely is one of the best contemporary series out there, not to mention one of our favorites. Which is why we were so very EXCITE to find out that Marr had done a Wicked Lovely manga.

Well, that and because manga is AWESOME.

The best part is...more
fennie
i wasn't really sure what to expect, so i think i was slightly disappointed with the way things ended. it makes sense, but i think i wanted more action, tension, suspense. it all just seemed a little too easy.

as in the first two, i enjoyed seeing the depictions of donia and keenan as well as the rest of the fairy world. i'm still a big fan of rika, although jayce still hangs too much in the background for me. i also find myself liking shy more and more as i learn more about him and what makes hi...more
Joti
Noelle
They gave alot of information in a short ammount of space. Though I liked how it was done and characters were easier to follow things just don't line up. If keenen was gone for months where was he? Traveling ever where ok.... but how is he then back to don so fast when Tina shows up. I just think it was a whole story in a short ammount of space.
Miss
I honestly have no idea what to say. It wasn't awful? But it wasn't engaging either; this elicited zero emotional response from me. :l Well the Wicked Lovely series has always been hit or miss for me, I wasn't into all of the books either. I guess I'll just slot the manga into the miss category. 2 stars
Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton
Awesome ending to a cute story and great way to segway into the the last book. The art again is fantastic and I feel I get a look at how Donia and Keenan really look in the books. This is a great tribute to the series and anyone who love the series should check it out.
Carmen
Great conclusion to this mini-series! I'm in love with the artwork ^^ I'm so excited this is being adapted into an entire novel (or at least one based on it)! Re-reading vol.2 and then this one made me realize how much I miss Melissa Marr's fairies and their world :(
Karen
Not a huge fan of manga... nor of how Keenan comes off in this series. Glad I finished it since I had read the first two but I won't be revisiting it anytime soon.
Eliza Gieseke
I've read some of it at my library, I haven't gotten to finish it yet, but I want to. I can't wait to Half price has this.
Aine
I love this little trilogy. Sad it's over. I really like Rika and Jayce, and I loved the images of Donia.
Breanna Rose Graham
I loved this volume the best! I love the pictures of Donia, one of my favorite characters.
Monica
I didn't really understand it...kind of confusing plot...
Destiny
Loved the whole series.
Arwen
satisfying
Shekhar
Shekhar marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jacci
Jacci marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
☠Shad☠
☠Shad☠ marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Rachel Kelley
Rachel Kelley marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Elyzabeth
Elyzabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
M.S.
M.S. marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Princess
Princess marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • The Serpent Awakes (Faerie Path: Lamia's Revenge, #1)
  • House of Night #5 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #5)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #3)
  • City of Bones: The Graphic Novel
  • Wicked Pretty Things: 13 Dark Faerie Romances
  • Much Ado About Nothing
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Stepping on Roses, Volume 6
  • Shadow Kiss: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only, #1)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 2 (Vampire Game, #2)
  • I Love Him to Pieces (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #1)
5 stars= If I love you, I'll buy you a copy from this list of books. (Pls note, if you are my family or dearest friends, feel free to remind me to do so. I am lousy w remembering birthdays/holidays.)

4 stars= Don't even ask to borrow it. You should prob buy it though.

3= If you borrow it, you better not lose it, mangle it, or keep it too long.

2 or 1 star= I don't use these. If it's not a 3 star or...more
More about Melissa Marr...
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)