Start by marking “I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3)” as Want to Read:
I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3)

I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers #3)

If you love smart, sassy fiction with some downhome Texas humor, you'll love this smashing follow up to Dixie Cash's hardcover debut, MY HEART MAY BE BROKEN, BUT MY HAIR STILL LOOKS GREAT.

Published October 24th 2006 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. DickSomething Wicked This Way Comes by Ray BradburyThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-SmithI Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
Best Book Titles
2,489 books — 2,421 voters
No Sex Please, I'm Menopausal! by Stevie TurnerEats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne TrussThe Millennial Reincarnations by Daniel M. HarrisonYou Really Are Full of Shit, Aren't You? by Karl WigginsDogshit Saved My Life by Karl Wiggins
Wittiest book titles
80 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth Yeary
This is a fun, wuick summer read at the pool. Mystery, friendship, and romance all rolled up into one funny book.
Sherry Grussing
Feb 08, 2014 Sherry Grussing rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Sassy Texans. My kind of people.
Deedee
Feb 22, 2017 Deedee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fair to Good. Pretty silly (and they kept drinking Dr. Pepper)!
Kathleen Hagen
I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold it on Line, by Dixie Cash, b-plus, narrated by Peggity Price, produced by Lone Star Books, a division of Recorded Books, and downloaded from audible.com.

This book takes the story on after the solving of the murder of the rancher’s wife. In this book, Buddy and Debbie Sue have re-married, and Edwina has married her former navy seal boy friend, Vic Martin. We are introduced in this book to Allison Barker, a young woman raising a daughter alone, the daughter just h
Michelle
I Gave You MY Heart, But You Sold It Online
Dixie Cash
Fiction
328 pages
copyright: 2006
isbn: 978-0-06-082972-8

To single mom Allison Barker, men are a heap of heartbreak. So when her twelve-year-old daughter confesses that she's posted Allison's profile on an Internet matchmaking service and has been pretending to be her mom, Allison hits the roof . . . just before the doorbell rings. Standing on the porch is her date—he's Hollywood handsome and all male and he looks somehow familiar.

Turns out he's
Vickie
Sep 03, 2009 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-to
Oh, how I love this series. I did have to suffer through DH's chatter about some 'anomalies' in the logic, but I know to go with the flow...anomalies schanomalies....Debbie Sue and Ed crac me the hell up!
The mystery kind of meanders and really doesn't make a show until later in the book and that's okay, too. It's also secondary to the sort of romance between Allison and Quint, then later really heats up between Allison and Tag, the best friend of Quint. Allison meets Quint via her daughter's go
Sandy Vaughan
Aug 14, 2011 Sandy Vaughan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened
They said:

Fans of Mary Kay Andrews won't be able to resist Dixie Cash. Description: Debbie Sue Overstreet and her best pal Edwina––the Domestic Equalizers––have one motto: don't get mad, get evidence! So when these hairdressers/private eyes get wrapped up in a new mystery you just know there's going to be troub
Tasha
Quint has had his identity stolen and has a very public relationship with a woman who just so happens to actually be a man. But instead of giving up on finding the right woman, he turns to internet dating. This is where he meets Allison, or meets Allison’s daughter pretending to be her mother.

Allison is stunned that her daughter would sign her up for a dating site. She finds Quint to be attractive, but it’s his BFF Taggert Freeman who really catches her eye and her heart.

As always Dixie Cash’s w
Reader
Sep 01, 2011 Reader rated it liked it
Very, very light read. My library had put a "mystery" sticker on the book spine but this is really a small town cowboy romance. It may be of interest to someone looking for something light in a West Texas small town setting.

Much of the dialog and action takes place in a beauty shop owned by the Domestic Equalizers, a two-lady detective agency that specializes in catching cheating spouses. No cheating spouses this time but a lot of small town gossip and he-loves-me he-loves me not. While this ti
Le Petit Chat
Dec 16, 2012 Le Petit Chat rated it did not like it
I skimmed through pretty much all of the book and skipped huge chunks of it as well for good measure. After reading Quint's dialogue with Debbie Sue (really?? Debbie SUE??) and noting his overuse of the word "darling" (hello darling, it's me darling, Quint, how you doing darling darling darling!) I started to get irritated.

Decided to keep going and keep an open mind, I shouldn't have, I was bored and when not bored I was annoyed, in the end I just skipped to the last bit to see if Debbie Sue wou
Rachel Sides
Feb 05, 2017 Rachel Sides rated it it was amazing
This series is fun to read.
Eva
Sep 21, 2009 Eva rated it liked it
What a great title. So is the next book in this series, Don't Make Me Choose Between You and my Shoes.

The Domestic Equalizers are a pair of friends who can't stay out of trouble. Constantly in hot water over some the craziest situations since I Love Lucy went off the air, this duo create good hair in a little town in Texas and solve the occasional unpleasant situation as private detectives. They are silly, silly, silly and it was fun to read. Both books were fun to read. I may just read the res
Cindy
Oct 17, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it
Fun, light-hearted mystery - this was my first introduction to what is apparently a series (and now I need to find the first 2 books in the series...arrgh). I liked the main characters - West Texas beauty salon operators with a private investigation business on the side. The situations are improbable but the author does a good job of setting them up and the characters are like folks you want to meet and sit down and have a beer (or three) with. This is not the great American novel but if you nee ...more
Becky Pinson
Jul 24, 2011 Becky Pinson rated it liked it
Cute book. First one I've read from this author. Only 2 complaints about it though.... There was a little too much language for my taste, nothing extreme, but more than I usually care for. Secondly, I found this in my library's young adult section and do not really see it in that category. I don't know if that is typical or just a mistake. Who knows. The plot is cute, has a few twists and elements that add the bit of mystery in with romance.
Erica
Jul 28, 2012 Erica rated it it was ok
Yes, I picked this up because of the title. It's pretty funny. Yes, I should have known better.
There are hot cowboys, beauticians-turned-detectives (neither very bright), a helpless-but-good-hearted maiden with no personality who is in need of rescue, her daughter, a stalker, some internet dating, a murder, a smattering of humor,and a whole lot of Texas going on in this story.
It's cute but boring and there's just not much more to say.
Mendy
Nov 19, 2007 Mendy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: girly girls
Ok so this isn't one of those books that will move you or change the way you look at the world but it does bring a smile to your face! It is what I like to call candy for my brain and I love it. I too was a single mom who was sweept off my feet by a handsome cowboy... that is where the similarities of the book end. So now that we are set in our ho hum drum life I read books like this to imagine what life could be like!
Sara
Aug 01, 2009 Sara rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but not quite as much as the first two. It's an interesting story, and I still love Debbie Sue & Edwina but not enough of them in this book! ;-) Plus....I missed the laughs, although the "party" scene is priceless. Unfortunately, I was reading it in bed while my hubby slept so I had to hold it in or else I'd have laughed out loud AND insisted he listen to me read through the scene! Looking forward to book 4.
Sandie
May 25, 2009 Sandie rated it liked it
Shelves: dixie-cash
This has been my favorite book so far in this series, I love these ladies! I haven't read the books for awhile now but plan on re-reading them soon so I can read book 4 and 5 now as well. These ladies are great and so funny, and I would love to just drop by their shop and visit with them. If you like mystery and humor give these books a try.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
This is the second book I've read by Dixie Cash, and I have to say, they're something of a sinful pleasure! There's not really any redeeming social or literary quality to these books, but they're so much fun! These would be great beach or airport reads. They contain a little bit of mystery, a lot of romance, and even more Southern sass! I highly recommend Dixie Cash for a quick, easy read.
Amy Kuczewski
Aug 07, 2012 Amy Kuczewski rated it it was amazing
The way these books are written, with a mystery and a romance in separate but connected plots, keeps me interested through to the end. Hearing the girls talk (I'm listening to audios as I work) makes me long for home, too :) These Texas girls are smart and funny! No steamy love scenes in these romances, but the comedy will have you grinning like a fool :D
Amy
Aug 13, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Hahahahaha. This could soooo be me & Jena. I can see it very clearly, especially now that we're closer than ever. I love these books. This time it's a case of identity theft & there's a guy in it named Taggert! He goes by Tag.
Meara
Feb 14, 2008 Meara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Clever book that includes on-line dating, a private investigator firm, and rodeo all set in small town West Texas. Good for beach reading, easy to read but don't knock yourself out for it. Read for "Hip Chick Lit Reading Group" in Anchorage.
Linda
May 22, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Need something light after the Nazi's

It was a hoot. From characters like Debbie Sue and Maudeen (80 year old wild woman) to a "toy" party that got raided and a girl knocking over an end cap of cereal at Sam's. Plot was not that important. It was pure Texas.
Kristen
Jul 22, 2008 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Anything by Dixie Cash is going to make you want to pour a good drink, find a comfortable chair and take a deep breath because the laughs don't stop coming! Excellent when you need a light adventure... you feel like you're one of gals in the salon and you can't wait to see what happens next!
Traci
Jan 31, 2012 Traci rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book as a light, comical read. Dixie Cash brings the Domestic Equalizers another mystery to solve - this time with the issue of stolen identity. Most of the story surrounded single mom, Allison Barker and her unexpected relationship with two men.
Kristin
Jul 16, 2009 Kristin rated it really liked it
LOVED it! The characters are clearly defined, and totally easy to fall in love with. I honestly thought this would be a cheesy book, but I got right into it, and now I am wanting more from Dixie Cash!
Bernie
Apr 09, 2015 Bernie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online review

This is the third book in the Domestic Equalizers series written by the sister duo Dixie Cash. These stories are so much fun to read.
Lisa Allen
Sep 13, 2012 Lisa Allen rated it really liked it
Totally fun, light-hearted and humorous reading. And it doesn't hurt to relocate your mind to Texas for a break from all that is familiar. I love that 'Dixie Cash' is not one but two writers, and they're sisters, too.
Patricia
Oct 01, 2008 Patricia rated it really liked it
I really like these books. I liked this one as much as the first one. They had the main characters and also introduced to two new characters that I really liked. I would recommend this book to others.
Lori
Mar 02, 2009 Lori rated it really liked it
These books are so cute, they give me a chuckle. 3/5/15 It has been so long since I read these the first time that I have been rereading them. I enjoyed this one as much the second time as I did the first.
title 1 6 Apr 27, 2010 12:31AM
  • Redemption (Blood and Honor, #3)
  • In One Year and Out the Other: A New Year's Story Collection
  • Blondes Have More Felons (December Vaughn, #1)
  • Killer Deal (Molly Forrester Mystery, #3)
  • Game of Fear (Montgomery Justice #3)
  • Pillow Talk (Love, New Orleans Style, #2)
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Flirting in Cars
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Miss Julia's School of Beauty (Miss Julia, #6)
  • Mad Cows
  • A Change of Heart (Perfect, Indiana #3)
  • The Velvet Rope Diaries
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Trick My Truck But Don't Mess With My Heart
  • Hating Valentine's Day
  • Out to Pasture: But Not over the Hill
  • Here's to Friends! (The Four Lindas, #4)
Dixie Cash is Pamela Cumbie and her sister Jeffery McClanahan. They grew up in West Texas during the great oil boom, an era filled with "real-life fictional" characters who cry to be written about. Pam has always had a zany sense of humor, and Jeffery has always had a dry wit. Surrounded by cowboys and steeped in country-western music, when they can stop laughing long enough, they work together cr ...more
More about Dixie Cash...

Domestic Equalizers (8 books)
  • Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash (Domestic Equalizers Book 1)
  • My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great (Domestic Equalizers Book 2)
  • Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4)
  • Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 5)
  • Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue (Domestic Equalizers)
  • I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave
  • You Can Have My Heart, but Don't Touch My Dog (The Domestic Equalizers Book 8)