Start by marking “Self-Publishing Manual, Volume II: How to Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Book Employing the Latest Technologies and the Newest Techniques” as Want to Read:

Book publishing is changing. The Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2, the sequel to the best selling Self Publishing Manual describes how to use new techniques to write your book even faster, use new technology to publish it for less, and how to use social media for promotion.
Published March 6th 2009 by Para Publishing (first published February 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Self-Publishing Manual, Volume II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Self-Publishing Manual, Volume II

David Goodberg
Oct 07, 2009 David Goodberg rated it liked it
I already read two different editions of the Self Publishing Manual and loved every minute of it. When I saw this book for sale, I bought it, no doubt in mind. It was a good read despite being a very quick read, but ultimately I was not thrilled with it. It was filled with good advice and tips, but much of the book overlaps with the regular manual. I don't know why he didn't just tack on the non-similar information into his regualr book - ti wouldn't add that much thickness.

For the most part, o
Karl
Sep 28, 2013 Karl rated it it was amazing
Dan is THE self-publishing Guru - if you are self-publishing, get this book-I think this summarizes my views on this book; however, to add some verbiage, I will say that this book is filled with wisdom from MANY years in the industry and the links and resources Dan provides will save you hours of searching. Dan also provides LOADS of information and a newsletter, free of charge, on his website.

If you are looking to self-publish, do yourself a favor and get this book, and the others that Dan has
Gwyneth
Oct 21, 2016 Gwyneth rated it liked it
Extremely helpful. Provided many good pointers, and made me realize just how MUCH there is to it....
HealthCastleGlo
Jan 01, 2012 HealthCastleGlo rated it really liked it
It does have some good, unique information about self publishing and marketing. However, the formatting is pretty horrendous. It is hard to look for information and it feels like it's just a compilation of articles with different authors. I didn't read volume 1, and I have a feeling that would probably be a better read than this volume 2.
David Katzman
Dec 27, 2009 David Katzman rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a quick overview of self-publishing
Shelves: about-publishing
Essentially a cliff-notes version of Volume 1. The "new media" highlights are nearly worthless. It does present a decent overview of the entire process if you are looking to get a quick peek into self-publishing. But if you are actually planning to self-publish, then this is a waste of your time. I get the feeling this was ghost written on Poynter's behalf. :-(
Thomas
Dec 05, 2015 Thomas rated it it was amazing
WhenI found this most intriguing book, I later realized it has good information to publish my fantasy novels. I guarantee whoever wants to get published with their books is to use book. Thanks to Dan Poynter!
Aleshia Robinson
Jun 26, 2012 Aleshia Robinson rated it it was ok
THIS BOOK WAS THROWN TOGETHER BY THE AUTHOR. WHILE VOLUME 1 WAS HELPFUL, THIS BOOK IS PRETTY MUCH PAGES OF LISTS AND LINKS. ALL OF WHICH HELPFUL BUT BUY THIS ONLY IF YOU WANT A MORE OF A RESOURCE GUIDE AS OPPOSED TO A HOW TO GUIDE.
Tamela Rich
Mar 09, 2011 Tamela Rich rated it really liked it
Shelves: publishing
It's time to update this book, but it's a great resource. I am a big-picture person who doesn't usually sweat (or sometimes even notice) the details, but sometimes I was distracted by the quirky way the ebook rendered on my screen.
Mark Polino
May 08, 2011 Mark Polino rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2010
Dan Poynter's Self Publishing Manual, Volume 2 provide some useful self publishing advice if you've done no research and don't have a clue. If you've started researching self publishing a book, then the big benefit to this volume are the lists of resources embedded in this small volume.
Evan
Aug 10, 2015 Evan rated it it was amazing
Dan Poynter does an outstanding job of breaking down the complex aspects of self-publishing into a useful, succinct, play by play manual. I found this book insightful and the ideas easy to implement.
Carole  Crosby
Jun 05, 2011 Carole Crosby is currently reading it
This edition of Self Publishing Manual is way more up-to-date, so I am finding it far more relevant in my research for my work.
Emmanuel Donkor
Apr 16, 2012 Emmanuel Donkor rated it it was amazing
Like the volume 2, this one does not disappoint. Full of good advice for anyone thinking of going solo.
Kitty Bucholtz
Jul 18, 2012 Kitty Bucholtz rated it really liked it
Very helpful information and links. A good addition to Volume 1. Lots of information for nonfiction writers, and much of it can be applied to fiction writers, too.
Andrew Hunkins
Jan 09, 2016 Andrew Hunkins rated it really liked it
Has some great resource material but the format is sloppy, as if the author did not follow his own advice.
kathie
kathie rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
John Henry
John Henry rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Denise M.
Denise M. rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
Ella Curry
Ella Curry rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
John Cali
John Cali rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Juliet Wright
Juliet Wright rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2012
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2011
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2010
Nathaniel Turner
Nathaniel Turner rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2016
Madelyn Griffith-haynie
Madelyn Griffith-haynie rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Ami Neiberger-Miller
Ami Neiberger-Miller rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Emmanuel Donkor
Emmanuel Donkor rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Kendra Spencer
Kendra Spencer rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Tyshawn Knight
Tyshawn Knight rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Since 1969, Dan Poynter has written and published more than 100 books including Writing Nonfiction, The Self-Publishing Manual, and The Skydiver's Handbook.

Dan Poynter's seminars have been featured on CNN, his books have been pictured in The Wall Street Journal, and his story has been told in U.S. News & World Report. The media comes to Dan because he is the leading authority on book publishin
More about Dan Poynter...