Start by marking “Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon's Steps, Traditions, and Concepts” as Want to Read:
Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon's Steps, Traditions, and Concepts

Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon's Steps, Traditions, and Concepts

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Help for families of alcoholics.
Published April 1st 1997 by Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Paths to Recovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paths to Recovery

Chrysta
I'm working the steps using Paths to Recovery. A great Al-Anon tool.
Georgia
Has great meaning for me. Practing the program of recovery outlined presents an opportunity to live a much higher quality of life.
Jennifer Lindsay
Nov 12, 2009 Jennifer Lindsay marked it as to-read
Shelves: recovery
We've gone back to the basics which is fabulous for where I am at right now in my life. Back to Step One. Admitting my powerlessness and unmanageability. Accepting that which I cannot change.

I am in a Step and Tradition Study on Tuesday nights and this is the book we use. We're answering the questions about Tradition Two right now. I find that the Traditions are a great guide on how to relate in a healthy way in friend, family, work and love relationships.
Jenny
This book took me a very long time to read, but it was worth it. I did every exercise and answered every question. This book helped me to discover things about myself I never knew. Great words and ideas to live by.
Jackballoon
Mar 08, 2014 Jackballoon rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone entangled in the morass of alcoholics.
This is an excellent book on recovery for alanon members. Its one of the books that stay on the currently reading shelf because there is much more to glean by rereading.
Jean Marie Angelo
This is one of the newer Al-Anon books, relatively speaking. I have found it to be an excellent guide to the 12 steps.
Kelda
Too much for people like me who overdo the self-reflection!! But in healthy doses: Way Healthy. I'd recommend it.
Chris Gager
Essential for sanity and serenity if one's life got off to a rocky start. Still reading of course.
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
May 25, 2015
Nicki Johnson
Nicki Johnson marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Tina Pate
Tina Pate marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Nova Bustamante
Nova Bustamante marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Marie Sills
Marie Sills marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Jean
Jean is currently reading it
May 01, 2015
Crystal Herndon
Crystal Herndon marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Jaques
Jaques marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Katharine
Katharine is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
  • Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions
  • Struggle for Intimacy
  • Twenty Four Hours a Day
  • The Emotionally Abusive Relationship: How to Stop Being Abused and How to Stop Abusing
  • Codependents' Guide to the Twelve Steps: New Stories
  • The Hoarder in You: How to Live a Happier, Healthier, Uncluttered Life
  • The Hidden Power of Kindness: A Practical Handbook for Souls Who Dare to Transform the World, One Deed at a Time
  • Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children
  • Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women
  • World of Ideas
  • Making Peace with the Things in Your Life: Why Your Papers, Books, Clothes, and Other Possessions Keep Overwhelming You and What to Do About It
  • It Will Never Happen to Me!
  • Addictive Thinking: Understanding the Addictive Process and Compulsive Behavior
  • How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt, and Live Prosperously: Based on the Proven Principles and Techniques of Debtors Anonymous
  • Boundaries: Where You End And I Begin: How To Recognize And Set Healthy Boundaries
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Discipline That Lasts a Lifetime: The Best Gift You Can Give Your Kids: Dr. Ray Answers Your Frequently Asked Questions
  • God Calling
Alateen, part of the Al-Anon Family groups is a fellowship of young people whose lives have been affected by alcoholism in a family member or close friend...
More about Al-Anon Family Group...
Courage to Change: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon II One Day at a Time in Al-Anon How Al-Anon Works for Families & Friends of Alcoholics Hope for Today From Survival to Recovery: Growing Up in an Alcoholic Home