Start by marking “Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)

Sea Lord (Children of the Sea #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  698 ratings  ·  70 reviews
He was born of the sea...

Selkie prince Conn ap Llyr denies his deeply sensual nature to rule over the immortal Children of the Sea. But when the Children of Fire threaten the Selkies' Sanctuary, Conn must obey his haunting visions-and seek a woman thousands of miles away...

She was born on land...

Schoolteacher Lucy Hunter knows nothing about her Selkie heritage or the pro
Published May 5th 2009 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Lord

Ingo by Helen DunmoreForgive My Fins by Tera Lynn ChildsThe Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz KesslerSirena by Donna Jo NapoliHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Sea Creatures
87th out of 460 books — 742 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardDevil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
Bad boys meet the virgins
346th out of 844 books — 1,883 voters

More lists with this book...

SheLove2Read
Alp
This book came nowhere close to my expectations. The first half of the story was quite boring, but I ended up liking the last chapter. So, I gave it 3 stars anyway.
Sophie Renwick
I was very anxiously awaiting this book, and it did not disappoint. Conn is everything I want in a hero, assertive, alpha, sexy and fun to get to know. This book was by far the sexiest, and I loved it. Loved Lucy and Conn together.

I could re-read this one, where the other two I probably wouldn't bother. Conn and Sea Lord definitely satisified the inner hussy!!!!
Julie (jjmachshev)
"Sea Lord" is the conclusion to Virginia Kantra's 'Children of the Sea' trilogy about selkies. The final book is about Conn, the Prince of the Selkies and Lucy, the last of the children of the famous Selkie witch Atargatis.

Lucy learned to hide her feelings at a young age. After her mother left her family taking only her eldest son, her father became an alcoholic and the care of both her father and the family home fell to Lucy. Her one effort to escape the island by attending school on the mainl
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I was not too impressed with this Children of the Sea book. The Daughter of Atargatis Prophecy fell flat. At the end of the book you are left with numerous questions about whom and what survived the big climatic disaster end. There was a great deal of loss. I would have thought/expected that since the prince had found the one that the prophecy speaks of changing the power balance that there would have been some form of triumph. I did not get that feeling.

Conn and Lucy had a very flat relationsh
Blodeuedd Finland
The first thing he thinks when he sees her is that she is ugly, tall like a man, and whatever. That is supposed to make me like you? Asshole. He also thinks that if he must then he can do her, but does not want to. Asshole.

I tried to go on but Dnf
Romance Novel TV
Reviewed by PJ Ausdenmore
Publisher: Penguin
5 stars

In Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, Book 1 – Caleb Hunter’s story), Kantra built a fascinating paranormal world where the mortal children of the earth (humans), immortal children of the sea (selkies) and immortal children of the fire (demons) maintain a precarious balance. That balance was threatened when the demons began murdering humans on World’s End, a small island off the coast of Maine. In Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, Book 2 – Dylan Hunte
kari
Feb 01, 2010 kari rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
I did not enjoy this book and were I not doing it for a reading challenge would have tossed it away.
Neither Conn nor Lucy were interesting characters. There is no backstory to explain their behaviors and I really don't like a character who uses sex as a weapon. That's just inexcusable in my book.
She's a school teacher of young children, lives on a small island where everyone knows each other and yet, she allows him to undress her and 'have her' in the middle of her student's garden in broad dayl
Laura the Highland Hussy
Prince Conn of the selkies has a vision that won't go away, but it's of a plain human girl. Said girl is Lucy, Caleb and Dylan's sister. The vision is so strong he goes to her, sexes her up, kidnaps her to his home, and tries to teach her to harness her powers. We find out she is a selkie after all, but refused the change-no one's ever done that before. Also turns out Lucy is the fulfillment of a prophecy. And she kicks some major butt by the end. She saves the mainland from a huge demon-inspire ...more
Raven Bower
Sea Lord jumps back to the quality of Kantra’s first book in this series, Sea Witch. Writing quality is spot on with a fast and interesting plot. The characters in this one are engaging and fun. I particularly liked her hero here and the ending had an interesting twist. It’s a lot better than Sea Fever, in my opinion.

She handled the intricacies of selkie life very well without resorting to the dread over-descriptions or explaining to the point of nausea. Very well done!

Very glad I didn’t let a ‘
This is by far one of the worst books I have ever read. I bought it used along with a box full of other books, and the first two of the trilogy were not among them, so I picked this one up and read it without reading the previous books. I learned well enough what happened, and I have no intention of reading the first two.

There are several reasons why I despise this book. First, there are so many holes it should be called Lord of Swiss Cheese. Second, Every time there is a "confrontation" there
~Megan~
Hmmm....conflicted on this one. I loved it all the way until the end, when Lucy did something I'm not sure I can forgive her for. I don't know how Conn did, or how he can trust her in the future not to do the same, but I was happy they ended up together. I was a little upset at the characters from the past books, and their treatment of their sister as well. I'm not sure why she made the choice she made considering how they treated her.

Anne
I was kind of just expecting it to be a fun, trashy, romance novel, but this actually had quite a bit of a plot. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I would recommend reading the other two books in the series first, though. These books really need to be read in order to fully understand what is going on in the story.
P.S. I have to thank New User for filling me in on what happened in the first book, since my library didn't carry it!
Ronda  Tutt
This was a great book, it was an easy read and could hardly put it down.

Conn the Sea Lord comes to World's End to seek out Lucy who is the daughter of Atargatis - one of the children of the sea- for there is a prophecy that this daughter will save the species from the elemental Fire who is out to destroy the children of the sea.

Lucy's brothers Caleb and Dilan have kept all of these secrets away from their sister but in the end, she finds the courage to show them who she really is.

Caleb and Dilan
Jilly
I think the second one is still my favorite but Conn is nearly as delicious as Dylan. Also we get and interesting twist on Caleb and Dylan's sister, Lucy, - which I suspected all along.

We meet Conn (more than before), the Prince of the Sea (selkies), and we discover that he fears the sea almost as much as Lucy but for different reasons. Conn's major concern is the survival of his people. He has little regard for what is expected of a person. And yet he does have a heart. The only problem is it b
Tania
Syahira Sharif

Sea Lord is the third book of the Children of the Sea series about Selkies. Because I thought the blurb on this book is much less predictable than the subsequent books and that the whole series can be read without depending on a linear reading, I decided to pick up the book because of the enticing plot it offered. But I was very disappointed by the middle of the book to the final climax.

The book told a beginning of how the world started with the sea creatures and the fire creatures. The Selkie L
Heather
Conn ap Llyr is a Selkie prince determined to save his people from extinction. He’s proud, arrogant and won’t let anything stand in his way, even if it means kidnapping the human female he keeps seeing in his visions.

Lucy Hunter is a teacher living on a small island, where she looks after her alcoholic father. A brief moment of passion changes her life forever, when she’s kidnapped and told that she has Selkie bloodlines and may be the answer to a prophecy that could save the Selkie race.

Conn is
Ladiibbug
Jul 30, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
#3 Children of the Sea Paranormal Romance

Selkie prince Conn ap Llyr ventures from Sanctuary to World's End, Maine, following visions he's been having. Conn is also wondering what happened to Dylan, selkie warden, who was dispatched to World's End and hasn't been heard from since.

I so enjoy this pnr, the combo of selkies, finfolk, all things ocean and water ... along with a bit of magic, romance, and the comforting people and place of World's End, Maine.

As prince and leader of his people, Conn is
Sophia
I love this series of books with its introduction to selkies as the paranormals and the unique world building that accompanies it. This was the third book in the series and it was good though I confess that I preferred book two.

Each book highlights the stories of three adult siblings who have a human father and had a magic wielding selkie mother. The first book is about the human son, Cal. The second book tells the selkie son, Dylan's tale. And this third book gives Lucy their quiet sister's sto
Felicia (Ferishia)
Brittany Perry
okay so this book was a lot different from the last two. I love the way the characters feel so real. Also the corn maiden wow original. I was totally enthralled with this book and couldn't put it down. I was craving more when the last pages ended I need to know about the babies I mean hello please an epilogue would have been nice. Still I am craving more and I hope Immortal sea gives me what I want.
รักในหลวง
เลมนีฮอตกวา 2 เลมทีผานมามากๆๆๆ แตมีสำนวนบางคำทีอานแลวรูสึกขัดแยงบางนิดหนอย อยางเชนมดลูกออนนุม/มดลูกบีบดรัดอะไรงี มันออกจะประหลาดๆ ไปสักหนอย ไมรูวาตนฉบับอิงใชคำแบบไหน ฉบับแปลไทยถึงออกมาเปนแบบนี

สวนของเนือเรือง ถือวาโอเค อานไดเรือยๆ มีซีนลุนระทึกเปนระยะๆ มีชวงมุงมิงๆ ใหไดอมยิม/เขินบางพอสมควร โดยรวมถือวาทำไดดีกวา 2 เลมทีผานมานะ
DK Hoffman
The books in this series are good - not my favorites, but enjoyable. Think maybe the selkie are not a type of fae that I find appealing, so while I enjoy the story a lot, I sometimes wonder what the love interest sees in the selkie. But overall, a very enjoyable read.
Ashley
Even though I loved Conn, this book didn't really stir me. There wasn't much action, and I didn't necessarily buy the whole Lucy and Conn romance. It happened too fast, and there wasn't enough besides sex to show them falling in love. Conn was brooding and sexy and total caring about his people. Lucy was the quintessential introvert with confidence issues, and apparently a view romps in the sack brought her completely out of her shell. And I spent the last half of the book waiting for something ...more
Theresa Scarangella
I enjoyed the story of Lucy and Conn. Conn is the Prince of the selkies. He sees Lucy's face in the water of what is to be. I like the way the characters in the previous books are also in this one. You can also read this alone and not in the series and still know what is going on.
I have had the pleasure to meet Virginia Kantra and found her to be such a lovely woman and friendly.
Barbara ★
Prince Conn ap Llyr of the Merfolk is just doing what is necessary to save his people - up to and including coercion and kidnapping! Poor Lucy Hunter doesn't know what hit her. Her family has always kept her in the dark about their selkie heritage since she didn't show any signs of being selkie herself. When Conn seduces and abducts her, Lucy is stumped, amazed and disappointed in his high-handedness. Lucy has great trouble reconciling her life B.C. (before Conn) and after. All hell breaks loose ...more
Lyly
It was not as good as the second book but not as bad as the first one. The characters didn't make much of an impression on me.
Mickey
This is the first book that I have read by Virginia Kantra, and it was the first one I read in this three part series.
Honestly I don't think I am going to read the other books because I was not crazy about the ending to this one.
I thought the writing was good and I enjoyed the book, but I just thought the ending felt too rushed.
The story was good and I did enjoy the book overall, so I would still recommend this book to anyone who likes romance and the ocean.
You might try reading the first tw
Tressa
Sea Lord disappointed me because there wasn’t more development and depth attributed to the characters or the story. There was so much potential that wasn’t realized.
  • A Mermaid's Ransom (Daughters of Arianne, #3)
  • Siren's Surrender (Dark Tides, #2)
  • In Over Her Head (Tritone Trilogy, #1)
  • The Last Mermaid
  • Blind Curve
  • The Wild Road (Dirk & Steele, #8)
  • Seaborne (Seaborne #1)
  • Master of Shadows (Mageverse, #8)
  • Once a Gentleman (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #3)
  • Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Prince of Fire (Children of the Sun, #2)
  • Saving Midnight (Midnight, #6)
  • In Great Waters
  • Vowed in Shadows (Marked Souls, #3)
  • Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5)
New York Times bestselling author Virginia Kantra has written over twenty-five books of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. She is the winner of numerous writing awards, including Romance Writers of America's RITA Award and two National Readers' Choice Awards. Married to her college sweetheart and the mother of three kids, she is a firm believer in the strength of fa ...more
More about Virginia Kantra...

Children of the Sea (5 books)
  • Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, #1)
  • Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)
  • Forgotten Sea (Children of the Sea, #5)
Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, #1) Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2) Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1) The Passion of Patrick MacNeill (Sweet Home, Carolina, #2; MacNeill Brothers, #1) Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)

“Each of us must use the gifts that we have, in the time that we have, in the place that we are. You taught me that. No more is required of us. And no less.” 2 likes