Start by marking “I Apologize” as Want to Read:
I Apologize

I Apologize

2.1 of 5 stars 2.10  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  31 reviews
These are indeed troubling times for entrepreneur Tony Richardson. After years of living an insipid and orderly life on Long Island, the events that led to the tragic death of his fiancee return with resounding fury, starting, oddly enough, when he consents to dine in the company of the beguiling, intrusive Christina Jaloqua. When Christina declares her love, Tony is overw ...more
Published June 2nd 2009 by Affluent Publishing Corp (first published March 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Apologize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Apologize

Kara
I created a did-not-finish shelf just for this book. Normally I try to read a book to the end, even if it takes me a few tries, but this I have no intention of revisiting and can only thank the heavens I got it for free.

It pissed me off fairly early on with the first person's use of flowery language. It's not even purple, it's just pretentious. "I could gaze upon her for hours". Please stop.
And the voice felt odd. Detached or something, but honestly, I didn't get far enough to determine if this
Susanne
Samantha
I'm a great lover of books, and I enjoy almost anything I read. This book, however, is an exception. I tried to like this book, but I just couldn't. Nearly everything about it was terrible. For one thing, this "wonderful woman" was like something right out of Fatal Attraction. Except nobody in the book thought she was a total creeper. The story was also extremely difficult to get into because of all the weird flowery language. People just don't talk like that in real life. Also, the whole story ...more
Megan
I was so excited to read my first First Reads book! By page TWO, however, I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. This book is a love story based on the author’s life. It’s hard to judge someone’s true experiences, but this book is written in a way that makes the relationship between Tony and Christina, the two main characters, seem warped and hollow. The communication between the two of them is superficial and incredibly manipulative. The author uses so many terms of endearment and clich ...more
Sheila
I feel bad that I did not really enjoy this book, especially after reading that the death of the author's fiancee is what caused him to write the book. But in that sense, maybe this book is not written for me to enjoy, or for other readers to enjoy, but was in fact written for the author. Writing can be healing, it can be great therapy, and if writing this book helped Mr. Booth deal with the loss of his fiancee, then I suppose nobody else's thoughts, reviews, or opinions should matter. And if th ...more
Olivia
Jun 01, 2014 Olivia rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: nope
This was my first First Reads book. I was so excited and wanted to like it, I really did... but reading this book made me cringe. And I felt bad about having to stop reading it... but the writing was just so affected. I know that the author wrote this book as a sort of therapy to get through his own tragedy... (and I feel terrible for saying this) but on writing and merit alone, it probably should've stayed just that?
Danette
I won this book on the first-reads. It is signed by the author and came with a matching bookmark. Thanks Bradley Booth and Goodreads. Having said that the story was a little ... weak. I'm by no stretch of the imagination a critic but the story didn't get me involved or have me caring about the characters. I was just left with the women of the story being a crazy person.
Kaki
May 31, 2009 Kaki rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: pass
I really wanted to love this book. Didn't happen. It might have been better if the book had been set in a different era. As it was, it just seemed pretentious. I think the author was trying to set a record for the number of times he used "Dearest" and "Princess" as terms of endearment. To me it just came of as sarcastic.
Sorry, I can't recommend it.
Dawn
Like everyone else I was hoping to really like this book. I felt I never got to really know the characters so it made it difficult to connect with them & the plot. Christina seemed very unbelievable for a career woman in present day. I felt the books story line got alittle better the second half.
Christy Stewart
I got this book in the giveaway, the author was so nice to autograph it, and it has gotten such bad reviews; for these reasons I wish I could give it a better score...But I can't. The writing was rushed and the dialog was very unbelievable.
Robin
This is a beautifully written book by a very talented author. It is a story about a man learning to come to terms with losing someone he loves and spending years grieving for her. He relives the events of her death and consequently he makes his life as orderly as he possibly can. BUT there is so much more than that within these pages. There is a full range of emotions put forth and you can feel everyone of them while reading this story. This is a powerful book with varied twists throughout the s ...more
Shirley
I Apologize by author Bradley Booth

Affluent Publishing, 324 pp.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank author Bradley Booth for granting me the pleasure and privilege of receiving his new novel, I Apologize, in exchange for the opportunity of reviewing it. This was made possible by Library Thing's Member Giveaway Early Reviewer's program.

The story is a poignant study of powerful human emotions laid bare in a drama of love, loss and grief and one man's struggle to overcome the overpowerin
Bobby
My first Goodreads Giveaway!

When I received this copy, I was surprised to find that the hardcover was nicely & personally signed by the author and a nice bookmark also enclosed. A good first impression!

The book is inspired from a tragic loss the author endured, and I am glad he was able to express his feelings in such a positive way. However, a lot was lacking for me with this book, and at some points it took a lot for me to continue on. But I committed to finishing it.

The story is of a wor
Julie Barrett
I Apologize by Bradley Booth
Tony runs a company in the city with help from his secretary, Maggie. She took it upon good authority that he'd end up like her dead husband if she didn't intervene. She commandeered the desk and told the others the job had been filled. She is an asset to his company and knows just the right things to say to others to get them to be a client of his.
He works mega hours as he has no other life now. He goes to the ballet often and other entertainment in the city. He ends
Marianne
I recently received a copy of this book to review and I really enjoyed it; It was so nice to hear a male perspective to something so difficult as to deal with a loved one's untimely death, to finding new love. While some of it was kind of sappy (the terms of endearment that he used when he addressed the new love of this life seemed a little 'over the top") but on the basis of a story, I found it very enjoyable; I picked it up and didn't put it down until I was done. Thank you for this great stor ...more
Lisa
Feb 09, 2013 Lisa added it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for letting me review this book.

Usually I love a book that is based on real life. They are usually gut wrenching and make me cry which will most likely bump a book up a star or two for me. And I usually give every book 100 pages to decide if I like it or not. Unfortunately I didn't need 100 pages for this book for me to decide if I like it or not. See, I'm getting older and life is too short to read a book you know is a stinker, even if you have a rule.

I couldn't get over t
Jennie
I found this book to be interesting...a bit confusing at first because of the lack of information on the main character's history. This is especially true because his history impacts his current life and future so very much. At the end, when the past is revealed, the story makes complete sense and all the loose ends come together...which after finishing the book gave the book a little something different. The main character was a bit annoying at times...his personality had him getting very angry ...more
Sherry
won this is a goodreads drawing in may- finally getting around to reading it.
i really wanted to like this book- i liked the premise but i just couldn't finish it. i invoked my reader's rights and stopped reading after about page 75. the writing seemed a bit stilted. the book is based on the author's life and i think it probably was therapeutic for him to write it. the main character refers to an event that happened to him- a tragedy- but doesn't tell you what it is- apparently that happens at th
Briana
I thought I would like this book, the plot sounded interesting enough. But like most others who've read it, I just couldn't really enjoy it. It wasn't written that well, and some of the things that happened weren't believable. One minute it seemed like he hated the girl, and the next it seemed like he wanted to please her, if only to get out of the marriage... Well then why did he let himself get "tricked" into getting married in the first place? The dialog between them was horribly unbelievable ...more
Janae
I really wanted to like this book...I truly did but I was not able to get into the story. So much happened so quickly that is was extremely difficult for me to be able to connect with the characters. I was left with so many questions because the characters weren't introduced to me. The book made me feel that I had come into a conversation in the middle and could not ascertain what was being discussed. I do feel that this author has talent but should focus on character development so that his rea ...more
Janice
I was confused in the first part of this book and wanted the back story of the main character Tony to be explained before the end of the book. His lost explained many things and cleared up some of the confusion for me. I also thought the sex scenes were way over the top and too much for me. The dialogue didn't seem real at times and I felt I was reading an ARC that still needed its final editing. With more careful editing this story would make a solid romantic novel.
Rebecca
This book reminded me a lot of Danielle Steel's writing. She takes a lot of books and repeats the same ideas and things over and over again in case the reader didn't catch it the first twenty times. This one seemed to do the same thing. Plus I didn't find it believable that some woman can trick a guy into getting married and having a baby like she did. It just didn't seem believable. Did this guy have no backbone that he just couldn't say no?
Lindsay
I won this book on a Goods Read Giveaway, and really wanted to like it. Like other reviews have said the writing was scattered, the plot confusing, and lacked character development. The plot was rather unbelievable and the use of the words "dearest" and "princess" was over the top. I couldn't finish this book and the honeymoon scenes were something I would expect from a trashy romance novel..I Just couldn't get into this book.
Ronald Roseborough
I was not very pleased with this book. It is a story of a man, with a tragic past. He meets a woman who manipulates him into marriage and starting a family. The odd thing is this is exactly what he had hoped to avoid after a previous relationship which turned out very badly. The writing is repetitive and full of cliches. The only people who can't tell where this is going are main character and the author.
Wanda
This book has an interesting idea...but confusing because you feel like your missing information at the beginning. if you last until the end of the book the story makes sense and the story does come together. Over all i found it very difficult to get into the story.
Vicky
Thanks bradley for sending me a copy of your novel. I"m sorry I can't give it a better rating. The plot was interesting but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe at another time I'll be able to read all of it and like it.
Matthew
I'm afraid I don't like the writing style of this author. You jump from one thing to another that is miles away with just a period and no gentle guidance of the reader. I felt like I was getting whip lash when I read it.
Karen
May 15, 2009 Karen marked it as to-read
Well! I guess I will be getting a free copy of this to read. I signed up on just about every free book listed. So I'm happy to find I got one freebie at least. I'll be sure to post how it is...
I liked this book & it makes you reflect on people you have lost in your life. I am greatful that I received a copy of this book & am pleased that the author signed it, thank you!
Kimberly
Sep 28, 2009 Kimberly rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: nobody
Recommended to Kimberly by: Won through Goodreads!
Shelves: own, arc
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Men who previously lacked a definite sense of purpose can often look back on a single experience that altered the course of their lives.

For some, it is the love of a woman. For others, it is the death of one.

In the case of Bradley Booth, the combination of both had such a profound effect that it led to him to write.

He lost his fiance to a rare form of leukemia and was advised to seek solace by ven

More about Bradley Booth...
The Seventh-Day Ox: And Other Miracle Stories from Russia The Miracle of the Seventh-Day Ox Dare to Stand Alone Prince of Dreams Noah: The Chosen One