Start by marking “I, Trixie, Who is Dog” as Want to Read:

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Not everyone can be a dog. Some must be people. Some must be cats, or birds, or even skunks, although it?s hard to explain why anyone would want to be a skunk. But Trixie is happy, because she does get to be a dog?the best thing there is to be. The food, the belly rubs . . . if only she could drive, her life would be perfect! Bestselling author Dean Koontz gives readers a ...more
Published October 29th 2009 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about I, Trixie, Who is Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Trixie, Who is Dog

Ellen

by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention parents of little ones and elementary teachers, August 13, 2013

This review is from: I, Trixie, Who is Dog (Hardcover)
I requested this book at my library not realizing that it was a children's book. Just finished reading and reviewing Dean Koontz's book/CD on Trixie, which I highly recommend. Then along comes a children's book about Trixie and other pets. Well I just scratched my head and read it!

Loved it. It
Skye
I, Trixie, Who is Dog, Dean Koontz (Putnam/Penguin, 32 pages, 2009, $16.99, ages 5 and up)

I, Trixie, is another must-have book in the Trixie ‘series’ (some were even written by Trixie the Golden Retriever herself).

Although it is hard to make absolutely every single page in a children’s book specially fun and funny and unique and thought-provoking, Koontz manages to do a good job on many pages – enough to make the book memorable.

With the unique sentence structure (or unstructure) that is unique
Anne Swentik
Seems like a lot of the reviewers did not read it to a kiddo... My 2 year old daughter thinks this book is hilarious and "so silly". I know it is a hit when we read it about 5x in a row.
E.  Talamante
A tribute to the family dog, and a fun read for puppy loving children. The language was at times awkward, and other times flowed. It attempted at times to be lyrical, then would fail. But the illustrations were smart and funny and my daughter loved pointing out the dog on each page. Bought on a whim since this book supports Canine Companions for Independence (CCI), and my daughter can't resist a "puppy book". It's a win-win, even if it sounds a bit strange.
Granny
Beautifully illustrated, adorable kids book, about Dean Koontz' dog, Trixie. I love books about golden retrievers, as it reminds me of our beloved golden, Cassie. Koontz' has a wonderful way of describing a dog's life with such humor and insight. Share it with your kids.
Marcie
Oct 01, 2010 Marcie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marcie by: DU student
I have not read any of the adult versions or Dean Koontz blog, so I was not familiar with these, but I do think kids will like this from the dog's point of view. The humor is slightly strange and may particularly appeal to older children.
Hil
I read this just to say that I'd read it as it's Dean Koontz, but I can't really say it's good, though I'm not the intended audience! The REAL Trixie was a wonderful dog though, and I would recommend reading A Big Little Life instead.
This is really cute too but I'm afraid to use it at storytime because of the word "butt." Although that was the page where I LOL'd. It is kinda weird though that some pages rhyme and some do not.
Brittany Perry
funny and sweet, it was a unique book in regards to it's sentence structure. It was a pleasant read for both me and my son.
Rachel
Does capture a dogs point of view, but its hard to get my mind around the unique grammar.
Morgan
I thought the "quirky narration" was hard to follow and disjointed.
Mandi Murphy
I guess I just didn't get this book.
Angie
So cute! I loved this book!
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Sarah Gilson
Sarah Gilson marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kristenne
Kristenne marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
shannonleagh
shannonleagh marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Ingrid457
Ingrid457 marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
  • Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom
  • Fear that Man / Toyman (Ace Double, 23140)
  • Nevermore
  • Demon Child
  • Surrounded (Tucker Series, Book 2)
  • Invasion (Laser Books, #9)
  • Dragonfly
  • Beautiful Death: Art of the Cemetery
  • Dean Koontz: A Writer's Biography
  • Piggy Pie Po
  • Acorns Everywhere!
  • Mission Control, This is Apollo: The Story of the First Voyages to the Moon
  • Regards to the Man in the Moon

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the na
More about Dean Koontz...
Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) Watchers Intensity Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2) Phantoms