Start by marking “I, Trixie, Who is Dog” as Want to Read:

I, Trixie, Who is Dog

Not everyone can be a dog. Some must be people. Some must be cats, or birds, or even skunks, although it?s hard to explain why anyone would want to be a skunk. But Trixie is happy, because she does get to be a dog?the best thing there is to be. The food, the belly rubs . . . if only she could drive, her life would be perfect! Bestselling author Dean Koontz gives readers a ...more
Published October 29th 2009 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about I, Trixie, Who is Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Trixie, Who is Dog

Ellen
Aug 13, 2013 Ellen rated it it was amazing

by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention parents of little ones and elementary teachers, August 13, 2013

This review is from: I, Trixie, Who is Dog (Hardcover)
I requested this book at my library not realizing that it was a children's book. Just finished reading and reviewing Dean Koontz's book/CD on Trixie, which I highly recommend. Then along comes a children's book about Trixie and other pets. Well I just scratched my head and read it!

Loved it. It
Skye
Feb 07, 2015 Skye rated it it was amazing
I, Trixie, Who is Dog, Dean Koontz (Putnam/Penguin, 32 pages, 2009, $16.99, ages 5 and up)

I, Trixie, is another must-have book in the Trixie ‘series’ (some were even written by Trixie the Golden Retriever herself).

Although it is hard to make absolutely every single page in a children’s book specially fun and funny and unique and thought-provoking, Koontz manages to do a good job on many pages – enough to make the book memorable.

With the unique sentence structure (or unstructure) that is unique
Erma Talamante
Feb 02, 2015 Erma Talamante rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s, 2015
A tribute to the family dog, and a fun read for puppy loving children. The language was at times awkward, and other times flowed. It attempted at times to be lyrical, then would fail. But the illustrations were smart and funny and my daughter loved pointing out the dog on each page. Bought on a whim since this book supports Canine Companions for Independence (CCI), and my daughter can't resist a "puppy book". It's a win-win, even if it sounds a bit strange.
Granny
Aug 19, 2011 Granny rated it it was amazing
Beautifully illustrated, adorable kids book, about Dean Koontz' dog, Trixie. I love books about golden retrievers, as it reminds me of our beloved golden, Cassie. Koontz' has a wonderful way of describing a dog's life with such humor and insight. Share it with your kids.
Joey
Sep 14, 2016 Joey rated it really liked it
This is a cute book with lots of photos of Trixie doing what she did best - being a dog. Peppered with lessons on living life to the fullest, there is a lot to be gained from her years of wisdom on the subject of life. Smart, beautiful dog who was called to her heavenly home way too soon. There is no doubt in my mind that she's living large with God now as she did with the Koontz family while here on Earth. Amazing dog! Smart dog! Wonderful dog! Good dog! Good book to share with adults and kids ...more
Debbie Jacob
Sep 20, 2016 Debbie Jacob rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful children's books that made a lot of money to help service dogs. It's light and funny, but it also has very good tips on being yourself and being happy. There are many wonderful pictures of Trixie, the dog that Dean Koontz wrote about in Trixie: A Big Little Life.
Anne Swentik
Mar 14, 2014 Anne Swentik rated it it was amazing
Seems like a lot of the reviewers did not read it to a kiddo... My 2 year old daughter thinks this book is hilarious and "so silly". I know it is a hit when we read it about 5x in a row.
Thurston
Aug 06, 2015 Thurston rated it really liked it
doesn't get much better than happy dog and bliss.
not my favorite type of illustrations.....washed out water color.....took me a while to get used to...
Mary
Dec 09, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comedy, juvenile
Fun book for adults and kids. I don't think my grandchild really understood it all but silliness and the illustrations carried us over that hump.
Kristen (fieldpetal) Alcock
Feb 10, 2016 Kristen (fieldpetal) Alcock rated it did not like it
Awful, oddly worded, strangely patterned, doggie-stream-of-consciousness horrible.
Heather
Jun 30, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
Pretty cute book about what a dog and his dog friend would do if they "ruled the world".
Pam
Jan 24, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books, dogs
Cute book. Love the illustrations.
Dec 01, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
This is really cute too but I'm afraid to use it at storytime because of the word "butt." Although that was the page where I LOL'd. It is kinda weird though that some pages rhyme and some do not. Oh I'd already reviewed this one two years ago. Hmm. Well I still feel the same about the rhyming...and the word "butt" didn't stop me today. You just act shocked when you say it, like you didn't know it was coming, and that makes it even more funny.
Marcie
Oct 01, 2010 Marcie rated it liked it
Recommended to Marcie by: DU student
I have not read any of the adult versions or Dean Koontz blog, so I was not familiar with these, but I do think kids will like this from the dog's point of view. The humor is slightly strange and may particularly appeal to older children.
Hil
Jun 27, 2013 Hil rated it it was ok
I read this just to say that I'd read it as it's Dean Koontz, but I can't really say it's good, though I'm not the intended audience! The REAL Trixie was a wonderful dog though, and I would recommend reading A Big Little Life instead.
Brittany Perry
Dec 15, 2013 Brittany Perry rated it it was amazing
funny and sweet, it was a unique book in regards to it's sentence structure. It was a pleasant read for both me and my son.
Rachel
May 25, 2010 Rachel rated it it was ok
Does capture a dogs point of view, but its hard to get my mind around the unique grammar.
Morgan
Nov 12, 2009 Morgan rated it it was ok
I thought the "quirky narration" was hard to follow and disjointed.
Mandi Murphy
Jan 31, 2012 Mandi Murphy rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books, 2012
I guess I just didn't get this book.
Angie
Dec 05, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it
So cute! I loved this book!
Juls Nitesky
Juls Nitesky marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Karen Green
Karen Green rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Patty Baskin
Patty Baskin marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Cathleen
Cathleen marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Mabel
Mabel marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Melonie Smith
Melonie Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Cassie Deaver
Cassie Deaver marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
GabbieDewolfe
GabbieDewolfe marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Katrina Weisner
Katrina Weisner marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
  • Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom
  • Fear that Man / Toyman (Ace Double, 23140)
  • Children of the Storm
  • Nevermore
  • Blood Risk (Tucker Series, #1)
  • Invasion
  • Dragonfly
  • Dean Koontz: A Writer's Biography
  • Beautiful Death: Art of the Cemetery
  • Are You Awake?
  • Mission Control, This is Apollo: The Story of the First Voyages to the Moon
  • The Hallelujah Flight

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the na
More about Dean Koontz...