4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Not everyone can be a dog. Some must be people. Some must be cats, or birds, or even skunks, although it?s hard to explain why anyone would want to be a skunk. But Trixie is happy, because she does get to be a dog?the best thing there is to be. The food, the belly rubs . . . if only she could drive, her life would be perfect! Bestselling author Dean Koontz gives readers a...more
Published October 29th 2009 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about I, Trixie, Who is Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Trixie, Who is Dog

Ellen

by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention parents of little ones and elementary teachers, August 13, 2013

This review is from: I, Trixie, Who is Dog (Hardcover)
I requested this book at my library not realizing that it was a children's book. Just finished reading and reviewing Dean Koontz's book/CD on Trixie, which I highly recommend. Then along comes a children's book about Trixie and other pets. Well I just scratched my head and read it!

Loved it. It...more
Skye
I, Trixie, Who is Dog, Dean Koontz (Putnam/Penguin, 32 pages, 2009, $16.99, ages 5 and up)

I, Trixie, is another must-have book in the Trixie ‘series’ (some were even written by Trixie the Golden Retriever herself).

Although it is hard to make absolutely every single page in a children’s book specially fun and funny and unique and thought-provoking, Koontz manages to do a good job on many pages – enough to make the book memorable.

With the unique sentence structure (or unstructure) that is unique...more
Anne Swentik
Seems like a lot of the reviewers did not read it to a kiddo... My 2 year old daughter thinks this book is hilarious and "so silly". I know it is a hit when we read it about 5x in a row.
Granny
Beautifully illustrated, adorable kids book, about Dean Koontz' dog, Trixie. I love books about golden retrievers, as it reminds me of our beloved golden, Cassie. Koontz' has a wonderful way of describing a dog's life with such humor and insight. Share it with your kids.
Marcie
Oct 01, 2010 Marcie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marcie by: DU student
I have not read any of the adult versions or Dean Koontz blog, so I was not familiar with these, but I do think kids will like this from the dog's point of view. The humor is slightly strange and may particularly appeal to older children.
Hil
I read this just to say that I'd read it as it's Dean Koontz, but I can't really say it's good, though I'm not the intended audience! The REAL Trixie was a wonderful dog though, and I would recommend reading A Big Little Life instead.
This is really cute too but I'm afraid to use it at storytime because of the word "butt." Although that was the page where I LOL'd. It is kinda weird though that some pages rhyme and some do not.
Brittany Perry
funny and sweet, it was a unique book in regards to it's sentence structure. It was a pleasant read for both me and my son.
Rachel
Does capture a dogs point of view, but its hard to get my mind around the unique grammar.
Morgan
I thought the "quirky narration" was hard to follow and disjointed.
Mandi Murphy
I guess I just didn't get this book.
Angie
So cute! I loved this book!
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Shannon Case-hall
Shannon Case-hall marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Kathryn Sanborn
Kathryn Sanborn marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Dani Sigman
Dani Sigman marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the na...more
More about Dean Koontz...
Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) Watchers Intensity Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2) Phantoms