Start by marking “Runaway Retriever (Pet Trouble)” as Want to Read:
Runaway Retriever (Pet Trouble)

Runaway Retriever (Pet Trouble #1)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An exciting new series about those adorable pets that just won't behave--it's Marley & Me for middle-grade readers!

Parker hadn't considered getting a dog, but when playful Merlin, the golden retriever, comes into his life, Parker is thrilled. The two are inseparable from day one--because whenever Parker tries to leave, Merlin escapes his fence or cage and follows him!
Mass Market Paperback, 176 pages
Published April 15th 2009 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published April 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Retriever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway Retriever

Jan
Parker and his older sister lived with their dad. Since she was leaving for college, his sister thought a dog would be just the thing to keep the guys from getting lonely. It didn't take long for Parker to discover that Merlin was more than a cheerful, energetic golden retriever -- he was an escape artist! The baby gate in the kitchen was easy to conquer -- he just jumped over it. But then he learned how to release the latch on the back yard gate, and even figured out how to escape from doggie d ...more
Olivia Amann
If you love mystery's and you love to figure out stuff you would love this book!!! Find out about Parkers' new dog Merlyn and see if you have any idea's on how to help parker solve how his dog is an escape artist!!! READ THIS BOOK!!!
Madison
This was a good book! I liked how this is a realistic story. I also think this is a good series, I enjoyed the book Mud-puddle poodle from the series. I also enjoy this book because the dog is the one who brings the family together. This is a good book for anyone who likes stories about dogs, realistic fiction, or a funny story about a dog.
1 Elizabeth
This is an excellent book. It is about a boy named Parker who gets a dog as a present from his sister since she is going to collage, and she doesn't want Parker to get lonely while she is away. The problem is that the dog, whose name is Merlin, always follows Parker where ever he goes. Merlin makes Parker late for the first day of school, and gets him in trouble. Parker has to figure out a way to keep Merlin contained. This book is extremely funny, and I would recommend this book to people who l ...more
Taryn
These are the best books for 4-5th graders
Natalia
I think this is a really good book because it has a lot of details and action. It is about a dog named Merlin which is an escape artist. He is a normal dog for the most part because he has a lot of energy for walks, and playing catch. But no fence is too high, no cage too strong to keep him from following Parker everywhere he goes.

READ THIS BOOK!!!!
Julia
This book was very exciting. It is about a kid named Parker and his dog, and how his dog keeps running away. It is amazing, all the different ways the dog escapes. This is a series. And I read one other one, Bulldog Won't Budge. And I am going to read the other two.
Landy Anderson
This book is very, very, cute. Now, I want to read the rest of the series. This author is VERY creative. Reviewed by, Jo
Johanna
Loved this series a while back . . . They desperately need a re-read.
Alexandra Hearn
Alexandra Hearn marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Matt S
Matt S marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Artemisia Sage
Artemisia Sage marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Z
Z added it
Apr 13, 2015
Lauren Scherrer
Lauren Scherrer marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
Kuzuri
Kuzuri marked it as to-read
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Delorra
Delorra marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Hollie
Hollie marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Michatee
Michatee marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Dogmagic (Animalmagic, #2)
  • The Return (Dogs of the Drowned City, #3)
  • Dog at the Door (Animal Ark, #25)
  • News for Dogs
  • Puppies in the Pantry (Animal Ark, #3)
  • A Dog's Way Home
  • Tango: The Tale of an Island Dog
  • Dark Waters (The Last Dogs, #2)
  • Waggit's Tale
  • The Boy Who Spoke Dog
  • Abandoned! (Puppy Patrol, #3)
  • Fetching
  • Dog Lost
  • Finding Danny
  • Pick of the Litter
  • The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts (The Buddy Files, #2)
  • Storm Warning (Dog Whisperer, #2)
  • Help! I'm Trapped in Obedience School Again
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Tui? What kind of name is that? Is it short for something?

Nope. Among the many great things to come out of New Zealand (the Lord of the Rings movies, cats that paint, my mom) is a bird called the tui—not as well known as the kiwi, but a heck of a lot noisier!

I was born July 31 (same birthday as Harry Potter!) in Caracas, Venezuela, and lived in Asuncion, Paraguay
More about Tui T. Sutherland...

Pet Trouble (8 books)
  • Loudest Beagle On The Block (Pet Trouble)
  • Mud-Puddle Poodle (Pet Trouble)
  • Bulldog Won't Budge (Pet Trouble)
  • Oh No, Newf! (Pet Trouble)
  • Smarty-Pants Sheltie (Pet Trouble)
  • Bad To The Bone Boxer (Pet Trouble)
  • Dachshund Disaster
The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1) The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2) The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire, #3) Alice in Wonderland (Based on the motion picture directed by Tim Burton) The Dark Secret (Wings of Fire, #4)