Start by marking “May Crowning, Mass, and Merton: 50 Reasons I Love Being Catholic” as Want to Read:
May Crowning, Mass, and Merton: 50 Reasons I Love Being Catholic

May Crowning, Mass, and Merton: 50 Reasons I Love Being Catholic

“Liz Kelly’s love of her Catholic faith is an inspiration. I highly recommend her wonderful book.”
—Matthew Kelly, New York Times best-selling author of
The Rhythm of Life In May Crowning, Mass, and Merton, Liz Kelly, a thirty-something writer and jazz singer, eagerly shares her ardent love for the Catholic faith. While the beliefs of the church are important to Kelly, her
Published February 1st 2006 by Loyola Press

To ask other readers questions about May Crowning, Mass, and Merton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about May Crowning, Mass, and Merton

Tina
Dec 21, 2008 Tina rated it it was amazing
Original post at One More Page

An interesting fact about this book: I got this because of a tweet from one of the Twitter accounts I follow that tweets first lines of books from Amazon. I got this purely because it was a Catholic book and it seemed interesting. I was also trying to learn more about my Catholic faith, and so I thought this book would be a good place to start. I read this first during Holy Week of 2008, and that time I wasn't exactly at the best place of my faith. I remember loving
Thadeus
Nov 14, 2014 Thadeus rated it it was amazing
This was positively the best explanation of Catholic faith practices I've ever read. The author was very personal in her storytelling and offered bits of herself throughout, and at the same time was very knowledgeable about the faith and able to relate it in a very unassuming way.

It is an apologetics book told in the form of a very personal storytelling. Such good writing!

Highly recommended for anyone interested in the Catholic faith or knowing "Why Do Catholics Do That?"!
Adam
May 04, 2008 Adam rated it liked it
This collection of anecdotes makes even the most lapesed of Catholics appreciate their faith heritage. Far from presenting herself as the perfect Christian woman, Kelly readily admits her hardships with the Church, but her insights and candor act as a mild euphoric to allow the reader to reflect kindly on their own experiences.
Gayle
May 11, 2008 Gayle rated it really liked it
A beautiful collection of essays about one woman's experience with the Catholic church. Truly a "why I love being Catholic" kind of book, she also discusses what is really hard about our faith too.
Ryan (miyu)
Jan 11, 2008 Ryan (miyu) rated it liked it
Light and at times a little self-gratifying but much of the book is kind of sweet and several times she talks about things in a manner i hadn't considered. Plus, she give props to Merton and that makes me happy.
Mellanie C
Jul 03, 2016 Mellanie C marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Shawn
Jun 29, 2012 Shawn rated it really liked it
I loved this book so much that I implemented it into my daily devotion! What beautiful insight she has.
Allison Kuznia
Allison Kuznia rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Mike Foreman
Mike Foreman rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Robert Federline
Robert Federline rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Bethany N.
Bethany N. rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2014
Carrie King
Carrie King rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Wilhemina
Wilhemina rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2011
Bert
Bert rated it liked it
May 24, 2014
Tiernan
Tiernan rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Patrick M.
Patrick M. rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2008
Lisa Lorusso
Lisa Lorusso rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Kathy Sullivan
Kathy Sullivan rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2008
Bobbi Ames
Bobbi Ames rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2017
Marin Santorsola
Marin Santorsola rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Sandra Chaplin
Sandra Chaplin rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Debbie Willis
Debbie Willis rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Erika Fakler
Erika Fakler rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Beth Clites
Jan 02, 2013 Beth Clites rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
This author also publishes as Elizabeth M. Kelly and Elizabeth M. Briel.

More about Liz Kelly...