Start by marking “May Crowning, Mass, and Merton: 50 Reasons I Love Being Catholic” as Want to Read:
May Crowning, Mass, and Merton: 50 Reasons I Love Being Catholic

May Crowning, Mass, and Merton: 50 Reasons I Love Being Catholic

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  7 reviews
“Liz Kelly’s love of her Catholic faith is an inspiration. I highly recommend her wonderful book.”
—Matthew Kelly, New York Times best-selling author of
The Rhythm of Life In May Crowning, Mass, and Merton, Liz Kelly, a thirty-something writer and jazz singer, eagerly shares her ardent love for the Catholic faith. While the beliefs of the church are important to Kelly, her
Published February 1st 2006 by Loyola Press

To ask other readers questions about May Crowning, Mass, and Merton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about May Crowning, Mass, and Merton

Tina
Original post at One More Page

An interesting fact about this book: I got this because of a tweet from one of the Twitter accounts I follow that tweets first lines of books from Amazon. I got this purely because it was a Catholic book and it seemed interesting. I was also trying to learn more about my Catholic faith, and so I thought this book would be a good place to start. I read this first during Holy Week of 2008, and that time I wasn't exactly at the best place of my faith. I remember loving
Thadeus
This was positively the best explanation of Catholic faith practices I've ever read. The author was very personal in her storytelling and offered bits of herself throughout, and at the same time was very knowledgeable about the faith and able to relate it in a very unassuming way.

It is an apologetics book told in the form of a very personal storytelling. Such good writing!

Highly recommended for anyone interested in the Catholic faith or knowing "Why Do Catholics Do That?"!
Adam
This collection of anecdotes makes even the most lapesed of Catholics appreciate their faith heritage. Far from presenting herself as the perfect Christian woman, Kelly readily admits her hardships with the Church, but her insights and candor act as a mild euphoric to allow the reader to reflect kindly on their own experiences.
Ryan (miyu)
Light and at times a little self-gratifying but much of the book is kind of sweet and several times she talks about things in a manner i hadn't considered. Plus, she give props to Merton and that makes me happy.
Gayle
A beautiful collection of essays about one woman's experience with the Catholic church. Truly a "why I love being Catholic" kind of book, she also discusses what is really hard about our faith too.
Shawn
I loved this book so much that I implemented it into my daily devotion! What beautiful insight she has.
Beth Clites
One of my favorite books
Clare Rose
Clare Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Melissa Nelson
Melissa Nelson marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Jeanne Fangman
Jeanne Fangman marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Rick
Rick added it
Oct 27, 2013
This author also publishes as Elizabeth M. Kelly and Elizabeth M. Briel.

More about Liz Kelly...