Start by marking “The Right Side of the Tracks” as Want to Read:
The Right Side of the Tracks

The Right Side of the Tracks

2.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Faced with the consequences of one careless night, Russell Drake left his lover, James, to marry a woman he barely knew. It certainly wasn't what he planned, but one look at his son's tiny face convinced him that he'd do whatever was necessary to make his child happy... even if it cost him his own happiness. But fate has something else in mind for him, and an unforeseen ac ...more
Published March 2009 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Right Side of the Tracks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Side of the Tracks

Daisiemae
Mar 28, 2009 Daisiemae rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I liked the author's other books
What a bummer. I really had been forward to reading this book. I had enjoyed previous books written by Jaxx Steele and it is an interacial homoerotic romance, and I like that theme as well.

I was very disappointed in this book. It started out pretty good, but the pacing of the storyline was WAY too rushed. Plus, our hero Russ had literally disappeared from his family AND left his boyfriend, James, behind without ANY explaination for 3 years. NO NOTE, NO PHONE CALL, NO EMAIL...NOTHING.

Russell had
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
I went back and forth with myself over whether or not to read this book. I'd tried a few other Jaxx Steele stories and liked them well enough. So, I finally bought this story and read it. I'm surprised I didn't DNF this short story.

The set up for this story is so unbelievably surreal that I kept saying "What? Really?".

Russell is at a strip club with his friends who basically pay the stripper to rape a very drunk Russell. Who needs enemies when you have friends that will pay to have you raped?

T
Andy
Jun 13, 2013 Andy rated it it was ok
Dana
Jul 26, 2011 Dana rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I thought it sucked when Russell disappeared without a word and I don't think I would have been so gung-ho about taking him back so quickly, but I have beeen known to hold on to anger for a bit. It's an issue I'm working on. Anyway, I did like Russell's determination. As a mother I related to the fact that one must do what one must do for your children. Sometimes it means you have to go without. It was refreshing to see that somewhere there could be a father making the ...more
Luvduchovny
Mar 20, 2010 Luvduchovny rated it liked it
I liked this but it is way too short of a read. White gay guy who got a woman pregnant when he was drunk is now a single father. She dies and initially her family want nothing to do with his son. So he moves home where his family is loving the new family member in spite of the child being by biracial. Rusty reconnects with his old lover who didn't understand why he disappeared for two years, while trying to fight for custody of his son from his wife's family. With a plot like this it should have ...more
jules0623
May 08, 2012 jules0623 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, relationship-m-m
adrienne
Nov 06, 2010 adrienne rated it did not like it
i finally get to give a TSTL review!! Russ is a completely unbelievable character- he takes off for years with no contact to his seemingly close family b/c he knocked up some girl who he then marries and lets bsaically shame him into sex, despite knowing that he is gay. but he does this all *for his son* which is the biggest cop out known to man. basically it boils down to Russ being a drama-laden martyr who is entirely Too Stupid To Live. blech!
Linda-Grace
May 20, 2011 Linda-Grace rated it did not like it
The premise was good but that was all that was good about it. how on earth do you let someone back in your life after 3 years who left without a word and never contacted you by kissing them when you first see them and be angry at all.
Ashki
Ashki marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Surabhi
Surabhi marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Driima
Driima added it
May 30, 2015
Ilani K.wise
Ilani K.wise marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Theresa
Theresa rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2014
Sabine
Sabine added it
Sep 26, 2014
Gingerjab
Gingerjab marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Marlobo
Marlobo rated it it was ok
Oct 28, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Morgana
Morgana marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Bec
Bec rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2013
Bec
Bec rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2013
Alonzo Simon
Alonzo Simon rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jaxx Steele was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, but is hiding in Indiana to stay out of trouble. Reading and writing were his first loves and continue to be first in his heart. He spends his time working a nine-to-five and traveling when he can. With room in his heart for Hou and their cat Judo, Jaxx has a full and happy life.

Visit Jax's web site at http://www.freewebs.com/jaxxsteele/, blog
More about Jaxx Steele...