Start by marking “The Warrior's Gift” as Want to Read:
The Warrior's Gift
Preview

The Warrior's Gift

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  12 reviews
In Katya's world, villagers sacrifice their daughters as sex slaves for a sect of warriors who keep their lands safe from invasion. When Katya herself is chosen as a "bride", although she's always questioned the arrangement, she submits for the sake of her family. She has no idea what to expect from the warriors, and not much more idea when it comes to sex.

Blessedly, her W
ebook, 1st edition
Published May 8th 2007 by Loose Id (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior's Gift

Demon from the Dark by Kresley ColeOutlander by Diana GabaldonNo Rest for the Wicked by Kresley ColeBorn in Sin by Kinley MacGregorDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole
#VIRGIN HEROES#
76th out of 180 books — 113 voters
The Light Within Me by Carly FallCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanHeart of Obsidian by Nalini SinghOutlander by Diana Gabaldon
Virgin hero!
113th out of 195 books — 74 voters

More lists with this book...

Carolyn F.
Fantastic book, I just loved Turan and Katya!!! Katya lives in a village where every once in awhile they gift a warrior with a bride. The villagers never see the warriors only their guardians so there are a lot of rumors about what happens when they leave the village. When Katya meets Turan it is so sweet. He's just as inexperienced if not more so than her and the way they come together is wonderful. I would totally recommend this book!!
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Has
Netanella
Sweet and emotional and bloody and brutal. That about covers it.

That, and images of Arnold in Conan the Barbarian, when he gets a girl thrown into the cage with him as a "gift."
T.C. Mill
With a setup like this, you wouldn’t exactly expect a female-lead relationship. In fact, it’s easy to see that going into some territory that’s downright Gorean, not really to my tastes. But I’d already read and enjoyed other stories by Bonnie Dee, and the reviews looked promising–and I’m so glad I took the chance! Katya is smart, determined, and compassionate, making her a compelling lead character–and her new husband Turan mixed strength and sweetness in a truly appealing way.

When Katya’s chos
Shannon Daniels
"The Warrior's Gift" by Bonnie Dee was a spectacular read, which I loved! It completely lived up to what was promised in the summary and then some!

Stars: 4.5 (I'd easily rate this a 5 if a little bit of tragedy wasn't thrown into the ending! It was a little. Do not be deterred.)

Triggers: No spoilers: Rape was attempted twice.
Sexual Level: High, Erotic, Explicit Descriptions
Romance Level: High, Sweet, Love was found in the darkest of places.
Violence: High, but Understandable
Typos and Overall Writ
Elisa Rolle
Katya lives in a fantasy medieval world where villagers are protected by the Guardians, and the Guardians use Warriors to rule. The Warriors are men held in captvity by the Guardians and use for breeding. Every year a girl from the village is chosen and the village "gifts" her to the destinated Warrior.

This year is chosen Katya and her Warrior will be Turan. But Katya discovers that Turan is like an overgrown child, the Guardians forbid him all, and he nows only how to fight. And when he has th
Nina
More book reviews at http://mustreadbeforeyoudie.blog.com

Enjoyed it but not a must read before you die.

Third book of Bonnie Dee’s I read today. Kept me entertained. Another short fast read. Only 115 pages on my e-reader and I’m surprised for the length how much this book was able to cover – slavery, rebellion, rape, fighting scenes, the sex.

Half of this book was all about the smutty sex scenes (good stuff) but the other half was a pleasant surprise. I wish the book was longer so that Bonnie coul
Kathie (katmom)
An interesting premise...the people are guarded by the Warriors...and sometimes "brides" are chosen and gifted to them...

Some of the men are barbaric...some are sweet...

Katya is chosen and given to Turan...he's never even imagined being close to a woman...but she shows him the way and they come together...

Katya knows she can never survive in captivity, which is what being given as a bride means, so she starts to plant the seeds of rebellion...starting with her "husband".

He, now that he can hold
Betsy
An entertaining way to spend a couple of hours. I've decided I really like Ms. Bonnie Dee after enjoying Finding Home and Bone Deep enormously. I'll be picking up some of her other works.
Maddux
A highly controlled society... a people that needed to break free.

Pretty good read. Erotica with a story.
Jacqueline
I usually like this author but this one seemed a little to naïve.
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Ethel
Ethel marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Chelseao
Chelseao marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Cheesecake
Cheesecake marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Cassy
Cassy marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Liezel Swan
Liezel Swan marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Izzy
Izzy marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Sheena
Sheena is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The 9th Orb
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals #1)
  • Belle Starr
  • Loving an Ugly Beast (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #2)
  • Captive (Entwined Fates, #1)
  • Passion Model
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • Snow Angel (The Twelve Quickies of Christmas #9)
  • The Psychic and the Sleuth
  • The Switch
  • The Best Revenge
  • Never A Slave (Trek Mi Q'an, #7)
  • Crimson Shackles (The Ta'e'sha Caesurae, #2)
  • Firebreather (Firebreather, #1)
  • Forever in Texas
  • Kristen's Addiction
I began telling stories as a child. Whenever there was a sleepover, I was the designated ghost tale teller. I still have a story printed on yellow legal paper in second grade about a ghost, a witch and a talking cat.

Writing childish stories for my own pleasure led to majoring in English at college. Like most English majors, I dreamed of writing a novel, but at that time in my life didn't have the
More about Bonnie Dee...
Bone Deep The Gentleman and the Rogue After the End Seducing Stephen A Hearing Heart

“When the Warrior pulled her half onto his lap and she felt the hard bulge of his erection thrusting up from his groin pressing into her hip, Katya grew nervous. She pulled away, gasping, and pressed him back with her hand on his chest. “Wait! Wait.” She licked her tingling lips and touched them with her fingertips, wondering what she’d been thinking to awaken this sleeping giant. What had happened to her vow to fight him off with all her strength?
Turan’s dark eyes glowed like two banked coals ready to ignite into flame. “Please. More,” he begged hoarsely. “Please.”
She suddenly realized that, despite the fact he could snap her in two if he wished, she was the one with the power. He didn’t intend to hurt or force her.”
2 likes
“Mmm.” The vibration in his chest pressed against her back shot sparks of hot lust through her. “I love you this way.” He guided his erection to nudge her entrance. “I love you every way.”
Katya smiled and pushed back against him. “I love you, too.”
2 likes