Start by marking “The Warrior's Gift” as Want to Read:
The Warrior's Gift

The Warrior's Gift

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  119 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In Katya's world, villagers sacrifice their daughters as sex slaves for a sect of warriors who keep their lands safe from invasion. When Katya herself is chosen as a "bride", although she's always questioned the arrangement, she submits for the sake of her family. She has no idea what to expect from the warriors, and not much more idea when it comes to sex.

Blessedly, her W
ebook, 1st edition
Published May 8th 2007 by Loose Id (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior's Gift

Outlander by Diana GabaldonDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley ColeDemon from the Dark by Kresley ColeArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanNo Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole
#VIRGIN HEROES#
88th out of 211 books — 145 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Light Within Me by Carly FallSacked by Jen FrederickCaressed by Ice by Nalini Singh
Virgin hero!
149th out of 227 books — 131 voters

More lists with this book...

Carolyn F.
Aug 21, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic, ebook
Fantastic book, I just loved Turan and Katya!!! Katya lives in a village where every once in awhile they gift a warrior with a bride. The villagers never see the warriors only their guardians so there are a lot of rumors about what happens when they leave the village. When Katya meets Turan it is so sweet. He's just as inexperienced if not more so than her and the way they come together is wonderful. I would totally recommend this book!!
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Has
Jan 29, 2012 Has rated it it was ok
Aisha
Nov 19, 2015 Aisha rated it really liked it
The ebook is a novella.

The story was a good one. Katya and Turan are a great couple.

Katya is a "bride" taken to a compound where the Guardians train Warriors who protect villages from being conquered and attacked. The Warriors are male killing machines who go through the harshest of the harsh training. They are trained to obey every command given by a Guardian. In return for protecting the villages, the Guardians demand payment for protection. In addition, they take a maiden from a village eve
Netanella
Mar 24, 2012 Netanella rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Sweet and emotional and bloody and brutal. That about covers it.

That, and images of Arnold in Conan the Barbarian, when he gets a girl thrown into the cage with him as a "gift."
T.C. Mill
Feb 23, 2014 T.C. Mill rated it it was amazing
With a setup like this, you wouldn’t exactly expect a female-lead relationship. In fact, it’s easy to see that going into some territory that’s downright Gorean, not really to my tastes. But I’d already read and enjoyed other stories by Bonnie Dee, and the reviews looked promising–and I’m so glad I took the chance! Katya is smart, determined, and compassionate, making her a compelling lead character–and her new husband Turan mixed strength and sweetness in a truly appealing way.

When Katya’s chos
Shannon
Apr 20, 2015 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
"The Warrior's Gift" by Bonnie Dee was a spectacular read, which I loved! It completely lived up to what was promised in the summary and then some!

Stars: 4.5 (I'd easily rate this a 5 if a little bit of tragedy wasn't thrown into the ending! It was a little. Do not be deterred.)

Triggers: No spoilers: Rape was attempted twice.
Sexual Level: High, Erotic, Explicit Descriptions
Romance Level: High, Sweet, Love was found in the darkest of places.
Violence: High, but Understandable
Typos and Overall Writ
Elisa Rolle
Katya lives in a fantasy medieval world where villagers are protected by the Guardians, and the Guardians use Warriors to rule. The Warriors are men held in captvity by the Guardians and use for breeding. Every year a girl from the village is chosen and the village "gifts" her to the destinated Warrior.

This year is chosen Katya and her Warrior will be Turan. But Katya discovers that Turan is like an overgrown child, the Guardians forbid him all, and he nows only how to fight. And when he has th
Nina
Feb 08, 2013 Nina rated it liked it
More book reviews at http://mustreadbeforeyoudie.blog.com

Enjoyed it but not a must read before you die.

Third book of Bonnie Dee’s I read today. Kept me entertained. Another short fast read. Only 115 pages on my e-reader and I’m surprised for the length how much this book was able to cover – slavery, rebellion, rape, fighting scenes, the sex.

Half of this book was all about the smutty sex scenes (good stuff) but the other half was a pleasant surprise. I wish the book was longer so that Bonnie coul
Kathie (katmom)
Dec 05, 2011 Kathie (katmom) rated it really liked it
An interesting premise...the people are guarded by the Warriors...and sometimes "brides" are chosen and gifted to them...

Some of the men are barbaric...some are sweet...

Katya is chosen and given to Turan...he's never even imagined being close to a woman...but she shows him the way and they come together...

Katya knows she can never survive in captivity, which is what being given as a bride means, so she starts to plant the seeds of rebellion...starting with her "husband".

He, now that he can hold
Grace
Jun 29, 2015 Grace rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
3.7
Betsy
May 30, 2013 Betsy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, erotica
An entertaining way to spend a couple of hours. I've decided I really like Ms. Bonnie Dee after enjoying Finding Home and Bone Deep enormously. I'll be picking up some of her other works.
Maddux
A highly controlled society... a people that needed to break free.

Pretty good read. Erotica with a story.
Jacqueline
May 27, 2013 Jacqueline rated it it was ok
I usually like this author but this one seemed a little to naïve.
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Mrslabman
Mrslabman rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
jodi
jodi marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Lux
Lux marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Heidi Charles
Heidi Charles rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2015
Catherine A.
Catherine A. marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Petit Pety
Petit Pety marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Natalia
Natalia rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals #1)
  • The Gladiators (Enslaved, #3)
  • Passion Model
  • Belle Starr
  • Loving an Ugly Beast (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #2)
  • Captive (Entwined Fates, #1)
  • The Psychic and the Sleuth
  • Promises to Keep (Gaian Stories #1)
  • Sacred Waters (McCullough Mountain, #1)
  • Never A Slave (Trek Mi Q'an, #7)
  • Tied and True  (Satyr's Myst #1-2)
  • Tigerlily
  • Back to the Garden
  • Snow Angel (The Twelve Quickies of Christmas #9)
  • Crimson Shackles (The Ta'e'sha Caesurae, #2)
  • The Best Revenge
I began telling stories as a child. Whenever there was a sleepover, I was the designated ghost tale teller. I still have a story printed on yellow legal paper in second grade about a ghost, a witch and a talking cat.

I enjoy dabbling in many genres. Whether you're a fan of contemporary historical or fantasy romance, you'll find something to enjoy among my books. I'm interested in flawed, often dama
More about Bonnie Dee...

“When the Warrior pulled her half onto his lap and she felt the hard bulge of his erection thrusting up from his groin pressing into her hip, Katya grew nervous. She pulled away, gasping, and pressed him back with her hand on his chest. “Wait! Wait.” She licked her tingling lips and touched them with her fingertips, wondering what she’d been thinking to awaken this sleeping giant. What had happened to her vow to fight him off with all her strength?
Turan’s dark eyes glowed like two banked coals ready to ignite into flame. “Please. More,” he begged hoarsely. “Please.”
She suddenly realized that, despite the fact he could snap her in two if he wished, she was the one with the power. He didn’t intend to hurt or force her.”
2 likes
“Mmm.” The vibration in his chest pressed against her back shot sparks of hot lust through her. “I love you this way.” He guided his erection to nudge her entrance. “I love you every way.”
Katya smiled and pushed back against him. “I love you, too.”
2 likes