Start by marking “The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble (Cass Shipton, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble (Cass Shipton, #4)

The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble (Cass Shipton #4)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
October in New England is a grand time—great for carving pumpkins, throwing Halloween parties, baking and eating brownies, and… dropping dead? When a helmlock-laced brownie at the church hospitality hour spells the end for an elderly townswoman, Cass Shipton and her circle of fabulous friends get to work using their very special brand of detective skills to ferret out the ...more
Trade Paperback, 308 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published February 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble

Jennifer Heise
Jan 19, 2016 Jennifer Heise rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, fiction, witches
Entertaining, though once the cast was laid out it was painfully obvious who the crook was. And for goodness sake, these ladies need a keeper, or several. Not since Trixie Belden has any amateur sleuth taken such foolish risks-- and unlike Trixie, not everyone comes out safe and sound. This particular volume reminded me, for some reason, of Charlotte MacLeod, specifically the Peter Shandy series.
Catherine
This was my first in this series, and I loved it. Five unique ladies practice Wiccan and are good witches. Each character has her own personality an power. Together they are awesome crime stoppers who try not to hurt any one. Now to find the first in this series.
Natlukens
One thing I really like about these books is that they take place over a series of months, or sometimes the better part of a year rather than just a few days or weeks. Most crimes and murders are not solved within a matter of days or even weeks. I love the characters, it has been well over a year maybe even two since I read the previous book in this series and I felt like I fell right back into step with them as if no time had passed.

The cover of this book doesn't do it justice, and doesn't mak
Tonia
Jan 12, 2014 Tonia rated it liked it
A fun book about a close knit circle of Wiccan women who band together to solve the case of a local repeat poisoner. The story focused on the women and their relationships with each other and how they solved the crime of the poisonings in the town. For a quick and entertaining read I shall pick up a few more of Riccio's novels.
Sheena
Dec 22, 2007 Sheena rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Susan
Shelves: fantasy
My charming Wiccan crime stoppers are at it again in this latest installment of the Cass Shipton series. The ending is somewhat less satisfactory than the ladies would like but it is alas a realistic one. It was wonderful to finish reading it on a Solstice night. Can't wait for the next one!
Anita
Jun 15, 2012 Anita rated it really liked it
This one was good - maybe not as good as the first 3. Not nearly as much "high-jinx" as the last. Still all in all a good read - love the series - love the characters. I wish I could meet the ladies that inspired Ms. Riccio's characters...you know they have to exist somewhere. ;)
Krista
Jan 04, 2013 Krista rated it really liked it
I love this series. The distinct personalities of every character (human or not) shine through. The Wiccan practices are believable and portrayed with realism. Fantastic author
Catherine
Sep 11, 2012 Catherine rated it it was amazing
It was fun, delightful, mysterious, and only one of a series! Cant' wait to read the rest!
Rexanna Ipock-Brown
Aug 04, 2008 Rexanna Ipock-Brown rated it really liked it
These five women are all different and all magical. A great read!
Linda Lauren
Sep 26, 2011 Linda Lauren rated it it was amazing
All her books are great reads!
Maureen Keimig
Apr 25, 2013 Maureen Keimig rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Kitty Skinner
Kitty Skinner marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Shawn
Shawn marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
TD
TD rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Bookworm
Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Danielle Schmidt
Danielle Schmidt marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
C
C marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
PK
PK rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jan 15, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2015
  • Never Burn a Witch (A Rowan Gant Investigation #2)
  • Bell, Book, and Murder: The Bast Mysteries
  • The Withdrawing Room (Kelling & Bittersohn, #2)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Ophelia & Abby, #3)
  • Kiss the Witch Goodbye: A Nick Gibson Novel
  • Beneath a Mountain Moon
  • Bruja Brouhaha (A Mind for Murder, #2)
  • Miss Zukas and the Raven's Dance (Miss Zukas, #4)
  • Murder at the War: A Modern-Day Mystery With a Medieval Setting (Peter Brichter, #2)
  • Bright Dark Madonna (Maeve Chronicles, #3)
  • Home for a Spell (A Bewitching Mystery, #7)
  • Song in the Dark (Vampire Files, #11)
AKA Dolores Riccio
AKA Dolores Stewart

Dolores Stewart Riccio was born in Boston and grew up in Pembroke, a small New England town on the South Shore of Massachusetts. She currently lives in Duxbury which is located near the town of Plymouth, the setting for her Circle novels.

Riccio writes "As a poet, I’d always signed my maiden name, Dolores Stewart. For cookbooks, I preferred my married name, Dolo
More about Dolores Stewart Riccio...

Cass Shipton (10 books)
  • Circle Of Five (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #1)
  • Charmed Circle (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #2)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief (A Cass Shipton Mystery #3)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Playing with Fire (A Cass Shipton Mystery #5)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Rocking the Boat (A Cass Shipton Mystery #6)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Tipping the Scales (A Cass Shipton Mystery #7)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Painting the Town (A Cass Shipton Mystery #8)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Digging the Dirt (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #9)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Burning Their Bridges (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #10)