The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble (A Cass Shipton Mystery #4)

The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble (A Cass Shipton Mystery #4)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  9 reviews
October in New England is a grand time - great for carving pumpkins, throwing Halloween parties, baking and eating brownies, and...dropping dead? When a helmlock-laced brownie at the church hospitality hour spells the end for an elderly townswoman, Cass Shipton and her circle of fabulous friends get to work using their very special brand of detective skills to ferret out t...more
Trade Paperback, 308 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published February 28th 2002)

Natlukens
One thing I really like about these books is that they take place over a series of months, or sometimes the better part of a year rather than just a few days or weeks. Most crimes and murders are not solved within a matter of days or even weeks. I love the characters, it has been well over a year maybe even two since I read the previous book in this series and I felt like I fell right back into step with them as if no time had passed.

The cover of this book doesn't do it justice, and doesn't mak...more
Tonia
A fun book about a close knit circle of Wiccan women who band together to solve the case of a local repeat poisoner. The story focused on the women and their relationships with each other and how they solved the crime of the poisonings in the town. For a quick and entertaining read I shall pick up a few more of Riccio's novels.
Sheena
Dec 22, 2007 Sheena rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Susan
Shelves: fantasy
My charming Wiccan crime stoppers are at it again in this latest installment of the Cass Shipton series. The ending is somewhat less satisfactory than the ladies would like but it is alas a realistic one. It was wonderful to finish reading it on a Solstice night. Can't wait for the next one!
Anita
This one was good - maybe not as good as the first 3. Not nearly as much "high-jinx" as the last. Still all in all a good read - love the series - love the characters. I wish I could meet the ladies that inspired Ms. Riccio's characters...you know they have to exist somewhere. ;)
Krista
I love this series. The distinct personalities of every character (human or not) shine through. The Wiccan practices are believable and portrayed with realism. Fantastic author
Catherine
It was fun, delightful, mysterious, and only one of a series! Cant' wait to read the rest!
Rexanna
These five women are all different and all magical. A great read!
Linda Lauren
All her books are great reads!
Maureen Keimig
I really enjoyed this book.
Carol
Carol added it
Jul 09, 2014
Sirona
Sirona added it
Jul 02, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Danelle
Danelle marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
C Bassett
C Bassett marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
AKA Dolores Riccio
AKA Dolores Stewart

Dolores Stewart Riccio was born in Boston and grew up in Pembroke, a small New England town on the South Shore of Massachusetts. She currently lives in Duxbury which is located near the town of Plymouth, the setting for her Circle novels.

Riccio writes "As a poet, I’d always signed my maiden name, Dolores Stewart. For cookbooks, I preferred my married name, Dolo...more
More about Dolores Stewart Riccio...
Circle Of Five (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #1) Charmed Circle (A Cass Shipton Mystery #2) The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief (A Cass Shipton Mystery #3) The Divine Circle of Ladies Playing with Fire (A Cass Shipton Mystery #5) The Divine Circle of Ladies Rocking the Boat (A Cass Shipton Mystery #6)