Start by marking “Polo and the Magician!” as Want to Read:
Polo and the Magician!

Polo and the Magician!

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Polo's life is never boring. And POLO AND THE MAGICIAN is proof. In this adventure, a flood carries Polo to a secret island circus where he becomes a world-class tiger-taming magician to the crowd's delight. Without a single word, Polo paints an imaginative picture that will captivate the youngest of readers.
Published September 29th 2009 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Polo and the Magician!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polo and the Magician!

Rachael Franks
Feb 23, 2014 Rachael Franks rated it it was amazing
Text-to-self: While reading this book I was reminded of how something can start so small and by a series of events can turn into something so large. In the book it began with the rabbits house leaking and it ended with him being a star magician at at magic show. In my life it reminded me of a relationship I had with someone. When I met them it was super random and I just said hi because I had never seen them before. In the end they were one of my best friends and we are still in touch to this da ...more
David
Mar 09, 2013 David rated it really liked it
Polo and the Magician! by Régis Faller is a mostly wordless adventure that begins with a flood and features an agressive magician, an angry escaped tiger, and a very special trick.

Faller's bright illustrations vary from double page, single page and up to four panel spreads. One and two page spreads and up to four panels a page move this story along. My favorite images are title page, floated to sea, turtle ashore, into ring, tiger enters, cloud, mouse, and last two pictures.

Polo, after a deluge
Melissa Dwyer
Jun 02, 2015 Melissa Dwyer rated it liked it
Originally rated G by Jody Smith
Polo goes on adventures. Students are able to look at the very detailed pictures to follow along. Polo is able to go to far away places on accident and be the star of the show. This is a quite imaginative book. My only concern is the stitching is visible so I don't think it will hold up to multiple circulations.
Elizabeth
What I like about wordless books is that when you are wanting to get your kid to go to bed this is an awesome way to do so because you can make your story combined with the pictures, and you can make it as long or as short as you want. I really enjoyed the illustration on this book they are so cute and easy to follow. I really recommend this book.
Kathleen
Jan 21, 2016 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Polo attends, and puts on, a show! Lily makes a guest appearance. This wordless picture book would be good for young readers alone, or guided by an adult.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
Sep 10, 2011 Randie D. Camp, M.S. rated it really liked it
Polo gets swept away by a flood and lands on an island (with a little help). On the island, Polo runs into a magician and the magic begins. Children will love telling their own story to accompany Faller's bright, entertaining illustrations.
The Brothers
Mar 08, 2016 The Brothers rated it really liked it
In this (almost) wordless book, Polo the Dog ends up at a circus and gets roped into becoming part of the act!

Very good illustrations.
Laura5
Dec 12, 2011 Laura5 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully fanciful wordless adventure.

This is a smaller/shorter story than the original Adventures of Polo or the Runaway Book.
Bridget R. Wilson
Love it--a wordless tale comic book style. Might need to get the other books about Polo.
Terri
Jun 24, 2013 Terri rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Far shorter and less captivating than the original
Dustie
Oct 26, 2012 Dustie rated it really liked it
pb26: Cute story I could easily read it again.
Abraxasaurus Rex
Abraxasaurus Rex is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2016
Scott Yanish
Scott Yanish rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Anne Capp
Anne Capp rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Jeremy Gore
Jeremy Gore marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Ketelen Vieira Duarte Silva
Ketelen Vieira Duarte Silva rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Zim
Zim rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Christopher
Christopher rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Ray Mccue
Ray Mccue rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014