Start by marking “In the Cut” as Want to Read:
In the Cut

In the Cut

Becoming the most sought after barber in the five boroughs put Olivia Martin on the map. Owning the hottest men's salon in New York City kept her there. Butta Cutz is a haven where men come to get their minds right and their appearances tight. For Olivia, Butta Cutz has given her everything that she ever wanted, but never the one thing she always needed: A man to love ...more
Published July 21st 2009 by Brathwaite Publishing (first published July 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about In the Cut, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Cut

K Nikki  Waden
May 06, 2013 K Nikki Waden rated it really liked it
This was good read with a lot of drama,the ending was a let down I hope there will at least be a part 2
Sheral Pitt
Mar 29, 2013 Sheral Pitt rated it did not like it
The main plot took to long to materialize and the ending was not what I was looking for. A better ending would have earned this book another star!
Sistar Tea
Mar 26, 2009 Sistar Tea rated it really liked it
Love has reasons that Reasons can’t understand

This is my first novel by Arlene Brathwaite; I was not disappointed in this one and will check out her earlier work.

All the character in this book work very well and all had essential part to play in the development of this Novel. They were sneaky, funny and some were trust worthy while other not so. There were no useless characters and they all had background info offered to help understand why they did the things they did.

We are introduced to Oli
Kim
May 04, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read from this author, and she did not disappoint. From the description I was not expecting the subject matter of the book to be what it was. It really had it all, suspense, mystery, and a bit of romance thrown in. Saint was an interesting character, really a chameleon of sorts. His occupation was a total shock to me, I didn't see that one coming a mile away. He and Olivia worked well together, I just wish there was more of them together. The ending had me immediately looking ...more
Deloris
Jun 26, 2013 Deloris rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but I kept getting s sense of I had read it before , I remember the Movie The Saint and The TV show . This Saint had his own spin and I enjoyed it. I just wish the were more of the romance in this story, I feel like there is more to tell and hopefully the author will write another book about Saint.
Julianna
Jul 11, 2012 Julianna rated it liked it
This is probably more like a 3.5 or possibly a 4 if the ending had been slightly different. It had some great action, and his job was a great plot move, but the ending kind of left me hanging and slightly confused and irritated. Might read it again sometime in the far future.
Sha
Jun 22, 2012 Sha rated it it was amazing
All I can say I this man is a true winner. I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was gonna happen. This is a true page turner, pick it up yall and get your read on
Suran Anne
Jul 10, 2012 Suran Anne is currently reading it
I've started this book today and the dialogue is driving me batty. I will persevere because of so many positive reviews but I have to say, it's pretty hard going so far !
Brittni
May 09, 2016 Brittni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. It had plenty of twists that I didn't expect. It would have been super amazing if the end was different. But over all I really enjoyed reading it.
Debra Odom
Jan 05, 2013 Debra Odom rated it it was amazing
Excellence. Olivia did not know she fail in love with a notorious hitman! I think you will like this book. It is a page turner.
Vondetta Carter
Jan 23, 2013 Vondetta Carter rated it it was amazing
Adventure, suspense, love, humor and some James Bond action with a hint of Mission Impossible..Hope there is a sequel..
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Rodgers
Rodgers rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Shaeisha Shiggs
Feb 17, 2013 Shaeisha Shiggs rated it really liked it
This was a great read from the beginning to the end .
Keshia
Keshia rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Shannon Williams
Shannon Williams rated it really liked it
May 19, 2013
MaryKay Brady
MaryKay Brady rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2016
Terra
Terra rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Briar Mage
Briar Mage rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Eryn
Eryn rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Shani Greene-Dowdell
Shani Greene-Dowdell rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Michaela Alston
Michaela Alston rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
Chameka
Jun 23, 2012 Chameka rated it it was amazing
Loved this book it kept me in susepense...I wonder if there is a part two to this
Stefany
Stefany rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Katie
Dec 17, 2012 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
I loved the book right up to the ending... I understand it... but I don't like it.
Tina
Tina rated it did not like it
May 26, 2016
ricketta hall
ricketta hall rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Diane Rembert
Diane Rembert rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
  • All Due Respect
  • Thugs Cry
  • Hell House
  • Multiple Me's
  • Miss Nobody (Shaw Family Saga, Book 1)
  • She Wants Her