Start by marking “Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring: Take Charge of Your Career, Find a Job You Love, and Earn What You Deserve!” as Want to Read:

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's HiringYou CAN find a good job in a bad economy - but NOT with conventional search strategies.

New Rules for a New Reality

Today's job market is the toughest in recent history, and the challenges are here to stay. Even so, you CAN get the job you want - IF you discard conventional approaches to the search. "Get the Job You Want, Even W
Published June 1st 2009 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring

FreshGrads .Sg
Times are bad but you can still find the job you want – with a good search strategy. Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring introduces special strategies necessary for a jobseeker to land a job during the economic crisis as well as practical tips in both job search and career management.

Through case studies in the book, author Ford R. Myers addresses the issues of the job market and how to overcome them with step-by-step instructions. Readers will learn how to make themselves an instant
Brian Erland
Are you looking for a comprehensive, well organized, detailed and immensely accessible resource book to aid you in your ongoing quest to land the job you desire? If the answer is yes I recommend you pick up a copy of the newly released self-help book ‘Get the Job You Want Even When No One’s Hiring by Ford R. Myers. The author covers the myriad steps of the job hunter from beginning to end, taking the reader from the conceptual thought processes of goal clarification, through the practical steps ...more
Cheryl Garcia
I had this book i hard copy and lost it. It's a great book to keep because we are always looking for a job at some point in our life. I recommend this to everyone.
jko
Nov 04, 2010 jko rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: career
Great book for organizing a job search. Also great for career management. It gives sound advice and detailed examples of the suggested materials for a complete portfolio. My two complaints are: (1) all of these examples are of very accomplished people with 20+ years of experience, and (2) there are no suggestions for people who are working with less than ideal circumstances. Particularly, it does not address how to approach gaps and it is tailored to people who are currently in a job. That said, ...more
Famin
Useful book to help your job search in a really bad market. Lots of tips listed that I haven't seen in other job-hunting books.
Ann
This book contains much advice that I've heard in several other places, but also some good ideas and activities that I will try. For instance, I had not thought of writing a professional bio, but I will now work one up. Also, I had discounted the idea of having someone write a letter of recommendation (on actual stationary) in this computer age, but not everyone is plugged in and not every meeting is virtual.
Reena
El mejor libro sobre cómo buscar trabajo que he leído, aunque esté escrito específicamente para cuando las cosas están chungas. Le da mucha importancia al networking pero también te enseña a compilar información básica sobre tu carrera y te da ideas de cosas que puedes hacer mientras estás desempleado o una vez que ya has conseguido trabajo. Ha valido la pena la compra! :)
Robin
Although narrowly written for those seeking corporate jobs, there is great advice in here regarding defining the job you really want, how to present yourself on paper and in person, and the things you can do to greatly increase your chances of getting an interview. Worksheets and valuable web resources are included.
Lychee
Has some good suggestions for putting together a packet of information about one's career. Hopefully I'll follow through with most of his recommendations. Most immediately helpful to me were his suggestions for writing a stronger cover letter.
Joy
more geared for super-corporate chasers and accounting types than the kinds of work I'm chasing. but overall, some good suggestions and motivation. not a bad read (if long and painstakingly, mind-numbingly detailed and repetitive).
Kb ♎ ♎
This book tells you a lot when you really need to change your outlook while you are hunting for a job. Its basics redefined & the author has done a great job to be able to create a urge to do whats usually overlooked at.
Carrie
Has some good advice, mainly just a good reminded to check things over. Written more for business/sales positions.
Jon V. Wolfe, LP, BS-EHS
Jon V. Wolfe, LP, BS-EHS marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Sherri Dishon
Sherri Dishon marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Brandon Robbins
Brandon Robbins marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Greg
Greg added it
Jan 14, 2015
Astarte
Astarte marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Mohamed Mrini
Mohamed Mrini marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Thoraia
Thoraia marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Get the Job or Career You Want Digital Book Set The Ultimate Career Guide Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring: Take Charge of Your Career, Find a Job You Love, and Earn What You Deserve