Start by marking “Someone Like Her” as Want to Read:
Someone Like Her

Someone Like Her

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Finding his mother is the only reason Adrian Rutledge would set foot in this backward place. In fact, he can't get out of town fast enough. At least, that's his attitude before Lucy Peterson works her magic on him. The cafe owner is nothing like what he thought he needed, yet she's all he wants. Then the job pulls him back to the city and Adrian slips into the life he once ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Someone Like Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Like Her

Ana
Lucy Peterson is a small town restaurant owner yearning for the light of the big city. She want to be a chef in a popular city, not to be forced to make potato soup:

or Clam Chowder almost every day:

But in a way she's satisfied with her life. She has her family and friends, some more conventional than others. For instance there's the hat lady - a woman with a form of schizophrenia who changes her indentity often (although it's always a famous Elizabeth in question)

So, when the hat lady gets h
Judith
I liked this one. Didn’t love it, but liked it a great deal. My quibble with it was I thought the heroine was a bit too hard on the hero at times. I wanted her to cut the guy some slack.
Xondra Day
Nice small-town romance.
Missy Jane
This quick, contemporary romance was a pleasant surprise. The plot was unlike anything I've ever read as were the main characters. They were complex and interesting, with a realistic building of trust and love that came across well. I would recommend this book to any lover of romance.
Shelley
Checked it out for plane reading, but I only started it on the way home. Solid writing and characterization yet again. I really like this author. She makes the emotions and characters feel so real.
Lena2011
The book was just ok. The heroine was too judgmental for me to like her.
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Stephanie D'Amico
Stephanie D'Amico marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Samia Faisal
Samia Faisal marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Cescile
Cescile marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Carola
Carola marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Jennifer Boyett
Jennifer Boyett marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Janice Kay Johnson is the author of sixty books for children and adults. Her first four published romance novels were coauthored with her mother, also a writer who has since published mysteries and children's books on her own. These were "sweet" romance novels, the author hastens to add; she isn't sure they'd have felt comfortable coauthoring passionate love scenes!

Janice graduated from Whitman Co
More about Janice Kay Johnson...
Snowbound First Comes Baby Whose Baby? Her Sister's Baby Match Made In Court