Start by marking “Destiny's Path (Warrior Princess, #2)” as Want to Read:
Destiny's Path (Warrior Princess, #2)

Destiny's Path (Warrior Princess #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  981 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Her destiny must be fulfilled . . .

Ranwen refuses to take orders from anyone--even the Shining Ones, the ancient gods whose power is feared throughout the land. They want her as their Chosen One, destined to save her country from the Saxons. But Branwen doubts she's truly ready to be a leader.

Then a messenger from the skies shows her a vision of a bleak and violent future-
Published October 27th 2009 by Harper Teen (first published January 1st 2009)

Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Gotta Have 'Em
362nd out of 984 books — 1,887 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy by Richelle MeadGraceling by Kristin CashoreCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Kick-Butt Heroines
353rd out of 1,907 books — 2,106 voters

More lists with this book...

Arya
Branwen ap Griffith, the warrior child, is back and fighting for the good of Brython in this intoxicating novel by master storyteller Frewin Jones.

This book picks up where Warrior Princess ended, with Branwen following destiny's path, the glittering trail Rhiannon of the Spring forged. This loyalty to the old gods does not last long. Branwen's fiery spirit returns, and with it her old head-strong independence. She will not follow blindly along this path, she will decide her own fate. . .and Bry
Branwen and Rhodri are off on their adventure. They follow a Shining One's - Rhiannon's - path of glittering light until it ends. Now, where do they go? After an awkward encounter with some owls, Branwen and Rhodri pick up a new traveling companion - Blodwedd. Govannon, also a Shining One, has given Blodwedd (an owl) a human form to use for a time. Blodwedd is to assist Branwen on her quest to prevent the Saxon invasion. Branwen, Rhodri and Blodwedd must prevent the Saxons from claiming Gwylan C ...more
Lady
I wasn't that impressed. For the first 50 pages Branwen is fiercely idiotic. So much so that I almost stopped reading a couple of times. But around page 54 she stops being insufferable and the story progresses with action and unexpected developments. But it never became fascinating or intriguing or engaging or any of those things that make me want to keep reading a book. I was going to give it 2 stars, but Frewin Jones winds things so nicely in the end it left me with a better impression than th ...more
Tgirl
So, I liked the first book, but this one was just... well, like the last book minus the excitement. I thought that the mythological stuff was just a stupid addtition to this book (I know it was in the last book too, but it didn't bother me then... in DESTINY'S PATH it is just WAY overdone). Ok, and, like, where was the romance??? Sorry to say but the boy main characters (Iwan and Rhodri) are pansies. I don't like them in this book. Yeah, I'm not reading the next book in the series (in case you h ...more
Jules Goud
So now that Branwen finally has accepted her destiny, she has to follow it.

There is just one problem. She excepts the Shining Ones to make it easy for her. It seems that it some parts, she wants the Shining Ones to do everything. Then in other parts, she uses her brain and we see how smart she is. She needs the Shining Ones for help but not to do everything for her. She can do that.

I like that we don't get to see most of Branwen's destiny, only parts. That way there is a little mystery going on.
Book Angel Emma
Review by Madison - Year 10

Please bear in mind that this is book 2 in the series and the review may therefore contain spoilers to the first book.

Following Branwen's first victory with help from the Shining Ones she sets off on another quest. She soon faces doubts when she receives no guidance or even signs from the Shining Ones. Branwen decides to return home only to be stopped by Govannon of the Wood. Gifting her with Blodwedd, an owl in girl form, who helps keep her on the right path. Finally
Kathy Chung
This book is where Branwen find out her destiny. First quarter of the book started slow but it gathered momentum after that.

I am glad to say that I like this book much better than the first book. It's less confusing and there is more excitement in it.

Gotta love the addition of new character Blodwedd

However there are some parts which are rather predictable . I rather not say where as it might reveal too much for those who have yet to read this book.

In sticky situation, it would have been better
Michelle Carlson
Ohhhhhhh, I can't wait to read the next book! Wait, I think I should go back and reaf the first one before I go any farther.

I picked thus book up from a Dollar Tree because I had finished my traveling book. There wasn't a big selection, and this one had an interesting cover. After it sat for almost a year on my shelf, I decided it was time to take it out and read it. The first few chapters were kinda slow, but that is probably the case only because I didn't read the first book. After that, I rea
Janus Vielle (The Blair Book Project)
When I read the Warrior Princess, I was dubious about reading Destiny’s Path because Warrior Princess had been excruciating for me to finish. But I decided to give it a chance and maybe it would be bearable to read. Well, to my surprise, Destiny’s Path was better. Still slow paced as it has been from the first but a rather more adventurous one.

I love that this series is progressively getting more interesting. More characters, more journeys, more blood! (No, I’m not the morbid-type; I just had t
Maddie D
Polak22
Leah
This is the second book in the Warrior Princess Series and let me just say don't let the cover stop you. The cover for this book and the first book make it look like some little kid princess book, well that is soooooo not true. These books have you on your toes with all the action and suspense. I would for sure look into this book. Happy Reading. I would say this book is for ages 12 or 11 to 16 or 15.

P.S. I wish that Branwen and Iwen could fall in love because they seem like they both like each
Amanda
Dec 03, 2009 Amanda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone interested in slight historical mythology
Well this one was okay... Like the first one it had a battle at the end before closing with a new path that Branwen is supposed to take. Though this time five more people are heading out with her.
I don't really know how to describe this book. The story is a little captivating with all the detail that Jones gives, so for me its pretty easy to see everything he mentions. And the preview to the next book already has me wishing it was out.
This book isn't one of the best that I have read but it is
Dannielle R
I found this a bit easier to get through; but that may just have been because I just made it through the first one. Although, I still had the feeling of "I don't have to read this, I can just put it down no problem." And I don't like that when I'm reading something. In essence, it was just lacking too much for me to love. Iwan in my opinion was one character I wanted to know what happened to, and to see where his story ended up.
Alyssa
The main character's destiny is to save her people from the Saxons, but it drove me nuts how she is so selfish and does anything to get out of it. The plot became about ten times more engaging towards the end, and I have great hopes for future novels to be more fast-paced. As the author writes more, I like her books more. Fun afternoon read, teenage girls would like this series.
Katrina Ly
WOW i've just finished reading it and WOW MAN THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME!

it picks up where the first book left off pretty much and describes branwen's journey as a warrior princess. to all those thinking about reading this series, DO NOT HESITATE. PICK UP THE DAMN BOOK AND READ IT! I SWEAR YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT...well, unless you don't like these types of books or something...

Jessica
Great second book! I was getting a little annoyed by Branwen in the beginning (her getting all doubtful and whatnot). I LOVED BLODWEDD - such a great character and her sacrifice brought tears to my eyes. The final battle scene was very Lord of the Rings to be LOL. So glad she now has a support team and can't wait to see these characters develop and their journey continue!
Amanda
May 04, 2011 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Another amazing series. After reading the first book in this series.The characters are so real and I couldn't help but wonder what was next in this young girl's life. A definite read for anyone that likes medieval settings or heroines. There is a lot to learn here about never giving up and always remaining true to your promises. Can't wait to read the next book...
Dj
Jun 11, 2010 Dj added it
I finished this book in one day! Albeit I was sitting in a lobby with nothing else to do...but hey! I liked this book, it had more violence in it and I liked the partial love story between Iwan/Branwan, and definitly Blodwedd/Rhodri. I also liked the fighting scene, it was describtive without being too describtive if you know what I mean. Can't wait for the next one!
A.Foulds
Phedra Wade
i really loved the book especially how they added new characters but i was kind of dicapointed because i wanted there to be a love triangle between Rhodri, Branwen, and Iwan either way though the book was good mostly because of the little romances it has for a adventure book
Scharlotte
Still not going down in my books as a great YA series. This book was a bit more tolerable than the first and Branwen grew a bit more as a character but still a bit of the tempermental teenage brat! Two and a half stars again it the best I can say for this struggeling series!
Speedreaderthoughnotaware
this book is as amazing as the first and just as thrilling. This time Branwen is in the aid of Govannon of the wood she and Rohdri defeat some saxons and get the aid of Iwain, her crush or friend, Dera, Linette, Aberfa and Banon, all brave women, and her first frind, Fain.
Krista Stevens
Continuing the series - some surprises in what happens romantically in this book. I think I like it - will wait and see what happens in the next. Very violent war scenes. She is a warrior after all - but they are graphic. New character - well-done.
This book was totally awesome and the ending was just the best eva!!!! in the beginning u won't die if u have 2 stop reading but once u start hitting the climax.... u can't reading or u mite die... cant w8 til the next book in the series
Brenne
I get bored easily, so I kinda skimmed through the book waiting for action. Second book I still have no idea what's going on, and I don't think the characters either to... Some ones needs to explains things ASAP or we both are doomed.
Brianna
Jan 17, 2011 Brianna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
very good. just as capviating as the other one. and i am soo glad that some romance is peeking though. I love Branwen, even though her stubborness gets on my nerves sometimes. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Shilo
Again, it was ok. The characters were still flat. The story was still interesting, but predictable. I finished the trilogy because I had the third book checked out of the library already. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
Brandy Montgomery
While directed more towards teen girls, who doesn't enjoy a Xena-like character creating her own destiny? I for one enjoyed the book so much that I immediately acquired the third book! Totally Team Iwan!!! #fangirl
Krista
I love this book! i can't wait for the next one to come out. it gets me sucked in and all i want to do is read the book. I really hope Branwen and Iwan fall madly in love because they all ready like each other.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 20, 2014 06:32PM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 1 Oct 22, 2014 08:24PM
Translation to Spanish, why not? 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 11:53PM
branwen and rhodri 3 18 Nov 17, 2011 12:19AM
  • FrostFire (Ruan, #2)
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles)
  • Guinevere's Gamble (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #2)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Beyond the Iron Gate (A Lost Kingdom of Fallada Novella)
  • The Princess and the Snowbird (The Hound Saga, #3)
  • Nobody's Prize (Nobody's Princess, #2)
  • The Star Cloak (Fairy Realm, #7)
  • Midwinter
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • Bonded (ShadowLight Saga, #1)
  • Cave of the Dark Wind (Never Land Books, #2)
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Mirror, #3)
  • The Glass Swallow
  • Defiance (The Priestess Trilogy, #1)
  • Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena, #2)
  • A Waltz for Matilda
  • Ascendant (Killer Unicorns, #2)
This author has published under several versions of his name, including Allan Jones, Frewin Jones, and A.F. Jones. He has also published under the pen names Sam Hutton and Steven Saunders.
More about Allan Frewin Jones...
The Faerie Path (Faerie Path, #1) The Lost Queen (Faerie Path, #2) The Sorcerer King (Faerie Path, #3) The Immortal Realm (Faerie Path, #4) Warrior Princess (Warrior Princess, #1)

“But it would be wise."

"I've never been known for my wisdom,”
5 likes
“I asked myself, 'What would Branwen do in these circumstances?'" He smiled. "The answer came very easily." "Then perhaps such questions are better left unasked," retorted Branwen.” 1 likes